The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas North Texas Grenadier Owners Page

BionicBrandon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, my loaded up Eldoret Blue Fieldmaster (Rough Pack, High Load Electrical, etc) will be coming in this week, give or take. I'm thinking of re-ordering a down-spec'd basic stationwagon instead. For my uses, I think leather, safari windows, etc. isn't what I need. If anyone is thinking of jumping ahead in line, I could be convinced to work out a deal with Sewell. Just let me know!
Nevermind! Taking delivery TODAY!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
Nevermind! Taking delivery TODAY!
cosmo kramer comedy GIF

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
SO- I got "The Call". Picking mine up today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Texas Grenadier, Congratulations! I see you sold your 2021 Defender. I have a 2020 I will be selling soon once I take delivery of my Grenadier in April. Be interested in your thoughts on the Grenadier after driving it for a bit vs your 2021 Defender. I know I will be missing the super smooth on road driving and high output performance, however the whole reason I purchased my new Defender was of the heritage of the old Defender. Now I am hoping I get the best of both worlds. Happy Grenadiering! DaBull

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:37 AM
Reaction score
The Fieldmaster was on par with my expectations. The BMW six was more than adequate to get it to 70 mph on the tollway with a ride that was reasonably quiet. Control was confident at speed, there is some body roll in corners but that was expected, and seating was comfortable. I felt like I was riding higher than an F-150 passing me. I could drive this all day.

Some things took a short time to get used to. Slower driving on surface streets will remind you that the steering requires a little more active participation from the driver since it doesn't recenter as easily as most cars. It took me two turns to get used to it but I imagine less vigilant or lazy drivers might be turned off by this. I like the visibility out the front but might want slightly more area with the sideview mirrors to cover the blind spots. I took no offense to the visibility offered by the rear view mirror. No gauge cluster in my direct field of view is novel but glancing left to get info from the infotainment screen is easy enough. It was a warm sunny day and the safari windows may have contributed to some of the heat in the cabin. The AC seemed to keep up with it and I expect aftermarket sun shades will be needed for the summer.
I just ordered these for the Safari windows - all in $130 USD including shipping to US

https://expeditionhq.com.au/product/xspec-safari-window-sunshade-set/

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've been trying to order those for a while now and it always refuses to give me a US shipping option. Did you have to contact them to order?
I emailed them direct - and they sent me the postage quote - wrapped up in less than 1/2 a day. Guy's name is Warwick - shop@expeditionhq.com.au

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
Well......I little update for you all. Went up to pick it up today, detailed, passenger and driver side windows tinted (I got the rear privacy glass) - moved out of my Defender and into the Fieldmaster, then............we are waiting on the invoice from Ineos....Well, Ineos is 5 hours ahead and to keep it brief, i am going back tomorrow when they hopefully have the invoice. This is not Sewell's fault, but the issue is that the transport companies are moving way faster than expected and Ineos is s little behind right now. Technically, Sewell does not own the car until they get the invoice from Ineos. If i were to wreck the car, Ineos would be left holding the bag, so they will not let the vehicle leave. I begged, promise to drive 20mph, but hell, what's 1 more day? Very excited still!!!IMG_1054.jpeg

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well......I little update for you all. Went up to pick it up today, detailed, passenger and driver side windows tinted (I got the rear privacy glass) - moved out of my Defender and into the Fieldmaster, then............we are waiting on the invoice from Ineos....Well, Ineos is 5 hours ahead and to keep it brief, i am going back tomorrow when they hopefully have the invoice. This is not Sewell's fault, but the issue is that the transport companies are moving way faster than expected and Ineos is s little behind right now. Technically, Sewell does not own the car until they get the invoice from Ineos. If i were to wreck the car, Ineos would be left holding the bag, so they will not let the vehicle leave. I begged, promise to drive 20mph, but hell, what's 1 more day? Very excited still!!!View attachment 7835830
Wow - that's a bit frustrating!

Back
Top Bottom