The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

nicknames?

travelerBT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
Last time I was in the UK I was talking to this guy (bloke) in the bar (pub) and got to talking about cars (motors, jam jar)... he had nicknames galore for vehicles...

We might have been a few too many beers (pints) in ... a little tipsy (pissed)

Betty, Ruby, Susie, Poppy, etc

Seems they all end with the "y" or "ie" at the end...

So does that make the Grenadier the "Grenny" ??? Just wandering :)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:09 AM
Reaction score
Old story: Granny.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:09 PM
Reaction score
Last time I was in the UK I was talking to this guy (bloke) in the bar (pub) and got to talking about cars (motors, jam jar)... he had nicknames galore for vehicles...

We might have been a few too many beers (pints) in ... a little tipsy (pissed)

Betty, Ruby, Susie, Poppy, etc

Seems they all end with the "y" or "ie" at the end...

So does that make the Grenadier the "Grenny" ??? Just wandering :)
Mine has been named "The Beast"

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:09 AM
Reaction score
Grenny for all Grenadiers? Like Subies, Bimmers, and Mercs?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:09 AM
Reaction score
In my past I had The Great Pumpkin (04 G4 Disco II), The Rusty Krab (65 SII 88”), and QQRover (my beloved Marine Blue 62 88”).

I’m all for naming cars, but I won’t name mine until we meet.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score
Ours will be called Zulu Tango. My son has decided the name needs bepop at the end. He is four so it will be Zulu Tango Bepop. The orginal name would not be allowed on my plates, Killmonger. My L663 is name is Jarvis (Just A Really Very Intelligent System). For nerds,, you may recognize it as Ironmans operating system. We also have El Presidente which is our Yukon Denali XL with tinted out windows.

I have had One Ton(Pathfinder), Ghost(silver toyota Mr2) Mr Brown(Volvo V90),

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hm, pilot spelling is indeed an option. So my car is currently Echo Hotel, whilst my wifes car is Juliett Papa - accordnign to the number plates. And her name is indeed "Juliane".

But my name is not "Echo" though.

Reactions: Max

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score
I think we still need to come up with a name that we all call in on the forum at least.
It would make things a bit easier for chatting.
At the moment we call it the IG, the Gren, the Grenadier, the Ineos Grenadier.

In Australia, we shorten every name and put a Y or an A at the end of it.

So in OZ, we would probably just shorten it to "Grenny"

Reactions: Pfk

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score
Hm, pilot spelling is indeed an option. So my car is currently Echo Hotel, whilst my wifes car is Juliett Papa - accordnign to the number plates. And her name is indeed "Juliane".

But my name is not "Echo" though.
You can change that easy enough, Emax to Echo isn't that much of a jump ;)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I had the idea to call my Grenadier "Gunvald". He's a character from the criminal series "Kommissar Beck", a police detective, were "Gunvald Larsson" is the right hand of Beck.

The character is extremely straightforward and uncompromising, and often provides satisfaction on the part of observers because he consistently delivers justice - as he interprets it. He simply does what many would often like to do but don't dare.

Because he was far too politically incorrect, he unfortunately had to die later in the series. 😭

From Wikipedia:

"Gunvald Larsson: A former member of the merchant marine and the black sheep of a rich family; he has a liking for expensive clothes and pulp fiction including the work of Sax Rohmer. He is also one of very few people outside East Germany who owns and drives a sports car manufactured by Eisenacher Motorenwerk. He is somewhat lacking in interpersonal skills and is disliked by most of his colleagues. He and Kollberg share a mutual antipathy, but are capable of working together efficiently when the occasion demands it. However, despite the fact that he often treats Einar Rönn with the same boorishness and insensitive tactlessness that he does everybody else, Rönn is his only friend and the two are close, often spending time together outside of the job. His rich, cultured family taught him how to behave correctly in all circumstances, something which the Commissioner notes that he tries to conceal. His upbringing has also meant that Larsson has a penchant for expensive clothes, not least tailored suits, which have a tendency to in various ways, get ruined during his investigations. He is tall and has china blue eyes, and is in extremely good shape, being noted as the best in the team at breaking down doors."

If you've never seen "Kommissar Beck", it's hard to understand what character this guy is. I love him, and most guys I know love him too.

"Gunvald" is of course a somewhat extravagant name for just a car.

But not for a Grenadier. :cool:

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will probably call mine „Grumpy“
It’s a nice name and it will alway remind me on some modern pen pals all over the world!

Back
Top Bottom