The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Next issue with the LeTech ladder

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:01 PM
Reaction score
Hi folks,

today I saw rust dripping on the rear bumper of my Grenadier. It came ot the ladder...
I've already written a mail to LeTech and told them about the issue and that I want refund.

IMG_2180.JPG
IMG_2181.JPGIMG_2182.JPGIMG_2184.JPG

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think water...

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:01 PM
Reaction score
I thought theirs was all-aluminum? Hopefully they’ll help out and not insist that the residue came from something that was carried on top of the spare jerry can bracket.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:01 AM
Reaction score
What bolts did they use, and is there any chance of galvanic corrosion at the point of attachment?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
What bolts did they use, and is there any chance of galvanic corrosion at the point of attachment?
On a related note - that certainly happened with my license plate bolts. I took off the temp the other day and the threads were all rusty - once my new plates come in I will remedy everything.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:01 AM
Reaction score
On a related note - that certainly happened with my license plate bolts. I took off the temp the other day and the threads were all rusty - once my new plates come in I will remedy everything.
Marine grade stainless steel and copper grease :)
In fact in salty areas if your stainless whatever isn't marine grade, expect rust sooner or later.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So, I can give the all-clear. I had contact with LeTech and it is probably residue from production.
I have now cleaned everything and reassembled it.
My guess is that the parts were not cleaned properly after production and this caused the liquid to build up at the bottom over time...

Interesting point. The complete dismantling of the original ladder and the assembly of the LeTech ladder took me a total of around 45 minutes. However, 1.5 hours were shown on the invoice when the ladder was mounted by LeTech back in novembre.

Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
So, I can give the all-clear. I had contact with LeTech and it is probably residue from production.
I have now cleaned everything and reassembled it.
My guess is that the parts were not cleaned properly after production and this caused the liquid to build up at the bottom over time...

Interesting point. The complete dismantling of the original ladder and the assembly of the LeTech ladder took me a total of around 45 minutes. However, 1.5 hours were shown on the invoice when the ladder was mounted by LeTech back in novembre.
Lubrication from the mandrel?

By the hour billing time is not just the moments the worker spends doing the actual work. Its receiving the ticket, retrieving the product, handling the truck, clean up etc. "Staging" is a common term. I don't know really all the details here, I'm just pointing this out because there seems to continuous confusion when someone that doesn't do or or manage piecemeal work, does it for themselves, and discounts all the non productive time as inconsequential to the billing process.

I'll give you an anecdotal example. We do Industrial electrical and controls work, but menial tasks pay just as much as complicated ones, so, if a customer calls and says, "I need 4 lights in an office swapped to LED, will you handle it". Sure, we'll do it. Converting that one office includes material procurement, travel and clean up and billing. So, you're looking at a realistic 4 hours of total time, and that's what I'll be billing. Now, say its 5 offices, for 20 lights. Well, the staging will only be slightly longer, so, it would be about a days worth of work so now you're looking at 8 hours. You're getting 5x the production for 2 x the cost.

Where you DO get banged by automotive shops, at least here in the US, is they calculate a time for each job done individually, put it in a book, and they may to bill you book time for each procedure if you're not observant. Time and material doesn't mean what you think it means. It isn't like hiring a painter. Also, women and minorities tend to have less exposure to process management of trades, and low and behold, guess who pays significantly more when analyzed. So yea, if you're typecast as sucker, there are unscrupulous people that will take advantage of that. Never be afraid to ask questions and stand up for yourself. Honest people are never offended by inquiries about their work. Ever. ... There's your Friday morning shot of wisdom.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:01 PM
Reaction score
Titanium bolts.

Back
Top Bottom