The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Must have options

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:44 AM
Reaction score
I keep flip flopping on the safari windows.
Yes, costs some money. But without them, your car will look very different inside. In my opinion there is a big difference. The safaries contribute significantly to the good feeling inside, even when they are closed. It feels light and bright, just amazing.

Just tick the box. You don't even know if you'll still be alive tomorrow.

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Checkers
Diffs (depending on intended use)
Extra battery
Pre-wired power + additional plugs
Safari windows
One of the contrasting elements (roof, carriage)
I assume these are your must haves? Because you won’t find a car without diffs 🤓

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score
Side steps! I'm 6'2 and its quite a climb to get in and a big drop when you get out and I'm used to getting in and out of my Discovery with a 2" lift!
Hi Geordie Hillbillly, My wife is 4'11" and when we went on a protype test drive, the Grenadier did not have sliders or steps on it.
I had to lift her into the vehicle. The Grenadier side steps will do the job, however they look a off design wise, kind of hanging in mid air.

I ordered the Grenadier rock sliders and am either going to have some custom aluminum bolt-on / bolt-off side steps fabricated and anodized to install on my Grenadier rock sliders or sell my Grenadier Rock Sliders and go for one of the aftermarket solutions.

Black Sheep Innovations rock sliders are made of stainless steel, have cutouts to fit and engage a high lift jack and have an option to add bolt-on / bolt-off aluminum steps. The only issue with them, is that the height of the top of the step is still very high and may not be suitable for kids and those a bit shorter. Would not work for my wife, who at 4'11' will need a lower step. They are located in Zurich. Thomas at Black Sheep said shipping costs are less than currently showing on his web site at Black Sheep Innovations, so get a quote before ordering them, especially if living in the US or outside of Europe.
Here's Thomas shipping thread on the forum as of 6/4/2023

For those that can go pick them up, they are great design and good value for what they are offering.
Here's a link to their rock sliders and other products they offer.
https://shop.blacksheep-innovations.com/Rockslider-Ineos-Grenadier.html

Here's a link to a video showing Thomas in his workshop showing many of the Grenadier items.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfrOQrnbCU8

If your looking for a side step, Urban Automotive is coming out with some very nice steps. They are not yet on the market, however I believe they will be going live with them in the next 1-3 weeks. Here's link to a youtube video showing the boys at Urban in their design thought process of supporting the Grenadier including some actual prototypes of the steps. Look Great. Hope shipping is not so high. They are located in the UK, so you could just take a drive on over and maybe even have them installed while there. Here's a link to the video.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS8XUgpSJks

DaBull

Last edited:

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hate the thought of sunroofs in general due to the potential for leaking, but love the extra space they lend to a vehicle. I never had problems on my GTI, M3, or 4runner. If my safari windows ever leak I'll just caulk them shut.

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:44 PM
Reaction score
Critical:

Red chassis
Side steps
Safari windows
Tow pack

I have loads of other options but these are the best ones.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:44 AM
Reaction score

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Let’s not judge, @DaBull’s wife is on the petite side and better she also enjoy the new wheels…?
It’s quite a drop to the ground without something to step down.
I only think about it once the parts - in the folded state - have ground contact

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Hannes01,

There is a company called Rock Slider Engineering that makes a automatic electric drop down / retractable step. They also have an optional plate that you can bolt onto the bottom of the main unit, (not the retractable step), which turns it into a full rock slider. I spoke to them and they told me that with the optional plate, it is stout and they test them at Moab since they are based in Utah. Since they are in the US, perhaps shipping is much better than Black Rock or Urban solutions.

I asked them if the steps when deployed down for entry are stout and wide enough for ease of entry and they said yes.

In my conversations with them, I did ask them if they would support the Grenadier. They said "What is a Grenadier?" So I had a lot fun telling them the whole story about Sir Jim Ratcliffe, (like anyone getting a new Grenadier will be doing for a while when we get our Grenadiers). I then sent them an email with links to a review that I especially like about the Grenadier and also a link to the Ineos Grenadier website.

Kyle, in the sales department, was nice enough to take the time to listen to the whole story and my enthusiasm for the Grenadier. He said he would share it with management and perhaps they would give consideration to supporting the Grenadier.

Even if what you see is not something you would personally order, perhaps you can email Kyle in sales at sales@rockslideengineering.com and ask Rock Slider Engineering to support the Grenadier. If some of us start sending emails, then hopefully that will give extra thought to them supporting it. The more after market solutions for products the better. DaBull

YouTube Video showing a Rock Slider Engineering Deployable Step and installation
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6DbR5T6960

Link to Rock Slider Engineering
https://rockslideengineering.com

My Personal Favorite Review of the Ineos Grenadier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ue2TZQoDQ

Ineos Grenadier Website
https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/us/

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Hannes01,

There is a company called Rock Slider Engineering that makes a automatic electric drop down / retractable step. They also have an optional plate that you can bolt onto the bottom of the main unit, (not the retractable step), which turns it into a full rock slider. I spoke to them and they told me that with the optional plate, it is stout and they test them at Moab since they are based in Utah. Since they are in the US, perhaps shipping is much better than Black Rock or Urban solutions.

I asked them if the steps when deployed down for entry are stout and wide enough for ease of entry and they said yes.

In my conversations with them, I did ask them if they would support the Grenadier. They said "What is a Grenadier?" So I had a lot fun telling them the whole story about Sir Jim Ratcliffe, (like anyone getting a new Grenadier will be doing for a while when we get our Grenadiers). I then sent them an email with links to a review that I especially like about the Grenadier and also a link to the Ineos Grenadier website.

Kyle, in the sales department, was nice enough to take the time to listen to the whole story and my enthusiasm for the Grenadier. He said he would share it with management and perhaps they would give consideration to supporting the Grenadier.

Even if what you see is not something you would personally order, perhaps you can email Kyle in sales at sales@rockslideengineering.com and ask Rock Slider Engineering to support the Grenadier. If some of us start sending emails, then hopefully that will give extra thought to them supporting it. The more after market solutions for products the better. DaBull

YouTube Video showing a Rock Slider Engineering Deployable Step and installation
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6DbR5T6960

Link to Rock Slider Engineering
https://rockslideengineering.com

My Personal Favorite Review of the Ineos Grenadier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ue2TZQoDQ

Ineos Grenadier Website
https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/us/
Would you be tempted by that sort of solution? The examples I saw could be pretty easily adapted by simply replacing or redrilling the step itself - as it is the distance between the mounting points which is the main issue. Tucked up they could certainly take a whack, even if using them as sliders might be a bit sketchy.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would you be tempted by that sort of solution? The examples I saw could be pretty easily adapted by simply replacing or redrilling the step itself - as it is the distance between the mounting points which is the main issue. Tucked up they could certainly take a whack, even if using them as sliders might be a bit sketchy.
Hi Globalgregors, I have to say, Rock Slider Engineering's solution of combining a rock slider with an electric deployable step has peaked my interest, especially if they support the Grenadier.

Here's my thoughts on the positives of it, especially for the USA market, (because of shipping costs for products coming out of Europe).
1 - It is a rock slider, (if you option the additional steel rock slider plate).
2- You don't have to remove any added steps, like you may need to do with some other products or side steps, before going off roading.
3 - The step appears to drop lower than any other solution, making ease of entry great, even for my 4' 11" wife.
4 - It's an all in one solution.
5 - Shipping costs may be lower in the US, then if you were bringing them in from Europe.
6 - They offer a very cool wow factor when they drop down and go back up.

Now for the negatives:
7 - Installation with the wiring is more involved than a simple bolt on solution.
8 - It appears the width of the drop down step may be not as wide as other added rock sliders with bolt on steps or simply side steps.
9 - Wiring - which is something that could be affected by water intrusion if not properly installed and waterproofed.
10 - They are more costly than straight bolt on rock sliders or rock sliders with added steps or side steps alone, (although maybe not
as much once shipping costs are factored in as noted at item 5 above.
11 - They might be a bit too fussy for a purpose built vehicle.
12 - Currently Rock Slider Engineering does not support the Grenadier.

On my pre-order for my Trial Master, I optioned the Grenadier Rock Sliders, as the cost seemed reasonable and they are robust.
Once I get my Grenadier, I will then choose one of three paths, (based on what is currently available or soon to come on market).

A - Keep the Grenadier Rock Sliders and have custom robust bolt-on / bolt-off aluminum steps fabricated and anodized & install them on the Grenadier rock sliders. I would have the steps designed to be at a height that would allow a reasonable entry height, however not to be so low
as to not allow light to medium over landing and off roading. It I wanted to go on more adventurous trails, then I would simply remove them
and lift wifey into the Grenadier.

B - Opt for the Black Sheep rock sliders and don't purchase their add on steps and instead have custom ones fabricated for the reasons mentioned in A above.

C - See what Urban Automotive in the UK produces in the way of a side step and or a rock slider and perhaps go that route,
especially if they can easily be taken off and put back on easily. They will be officially be presenting their side steps and other products very soon.

As you can see, there are more than a couple options. I am still on a journey trying to figure it all out on what will work best for me and my wife
who green lighted the Grenadier purchase and will likely have much more input and the last word. DaBull

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Globalgregors, I have to say, Rock Slider Engineering's solution of combining a rock slider with an electric deployable step has peaked my interest, especially if they support the Grenadier.

Here's my thoughts on the positives of it, especially for the USA market, (because of shipping costs for products coming out of Europe).
1 - It is a rock slider, (if you option the additional steel rock slider plate).
2- You don't have to remove any added steps, like you may need to do with some other products or side steps, before going off roading.
3 - The step appears to drop lower than any other solution, making ease of entry great, even for my 4' 11" wife.
4 - It's an all in one solution.
5 - You don't have to pay $1500 or $3000 shipping fees alone from Europe, like Black Sheep charges currently and perhaps others.
6 - They offer a very cool wow factor when they drop down and go back up.

Now for the negatives:
7 - Installation with the wiring is more involved than a simple bolt on solution.
8 - It appears the width of the drop down step may be not as wide as other added rock sliders with bolt on steps or simply side steps.
9 - Wiring - which is something that could be affected by water intrusion if not properly installed and waterproofed.
10 - They are more costly than straight bolt on rock sliders or rock sliders with added steps or side steps alone, (although maybe not
as much once shipping costs are factored in as noted at item 5 above.
11 - They might be a bit too fussy for a purpose built vehicle.
12 - Currently Rock Slider Engineering does not support the Grenadier.

On my pre-order for my Trial Master, I optioned the Grenadier Rock Sliders, as the cost seemed reasonable and they are robust.
Once I get my Grenadier, I will then choose one of three paths, (based on what is currently available or soon to come on market).

A - Keep the Grenadier Rock Sliders and have custom robust bolt-on / bolt-off aluminum steps fabricated and anodized & install them on the Grenadier rock sliders. I would have the steps designed to be at a height that would allow a reasonable entry height, however not to be so low
as to not allow light to medium over landing and off roading. It I wanted to go on more adventurous trails, then I would simply remove them
and lift wifey into the Grenadier.

B - Opt for the Black Sheep rock sliders and don't purchase their add on steps and instead have custom ones fabricated for the reasons mentioned in A above.

C - See what Urban Automotive in the UK produces in the way of a side step and or a rock slider and perhaps go that route,
especially if they can easily be taken off and put back on easily. They will be officially be presenting their side steps and other products very soon.

As you can see, there are more than a couple options. I am still on a journey trying to figure it all out on what will work best for me and my wife
who green lighted the Grenadier purchase and will likely have much more input and the last word. DaBull
One other idea springs to mind: cutting up and welding an old-school Defender folding side step to the rockslider.

Perhaps you’ve thought of that already…

1685853393798.png

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One other idea springs to mind: cutting up and welding an old-school Defender folding side step to the rockslider.

Perhaps you’ve thought of that already…

View attachment 7814654
Hi Globalgregors, A bit too industrial looking for me, although is someone with design and fabrication experience could create one that would function good, look good and tuck up and out of the way and attach to the Grenadier rock sliders, I would be give it serious consideration. DaBull

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
If this will really be a vehicle I keep for a "lifetime" the seals will dry out and water will find its way in, which I know in the grand scheme isn't the end of the world.
My 1982 Porsche has lived much of its life in the open , seal is original and it doesn't leak. If it does , there is enough info online for any owner to DIY replace it.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It’s quite a drop to the ground without something to step down.
It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane

J F

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:44 PM
Reaction score
I
I keep flip flopping on the safari windows.
I would go for it - I didn’t initially order but changed mind and added at the last moment. Really pleased I did. I would imagine that at some point solid inserts might be available as aftermarket option to replace the glass if for some reason one doesn’t want the glass in future.

Back
Top Bottom