The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Middle row seats removable?

Local time
1:43 AM
Reaction score
It looks like the middle row seats do not tumble forward, just fold flattish. They still stick up higher than the cargo area.
Will the middle row seats be easily removable? On long trips I like to remove my middle row seats to give extra packing room and carrying capacity.
In addition, will all the battery related electrics be exposed?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:43 PM
Reaction score
It looks like the middle row seats do not tumble forward, just fold flattish. They still stick up higher than the cargo area.
Will the middle row seats be easily removable? On long trips I like to remove my middle row seats to give extra packing room and carrying capacity.
Hi Jemsquash,
the question is, what is easy? You have to unscrew screws. The seats are not quick to take out with a lever. On the vehicle I looked at, the fuses and the battery box were open. I don't know if it stays that way. Unfortunately, I only took a photo that shows this situation.

Attachments

• IMG_1752.JPG
    IMG_1752.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 84

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:43 AM
Reaction score
This is what the two seat utility version looks like.
If you could get that flat cover as an accessory, or make one, then you could fit it when you remove the seats
I assume the battery and everything is still in the same place under that panel

1664814461649.png1664814477084.png

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I recall reading somewhere that one of the test drivers told a passenger that there were no only 12 or 14 bolts holding be the seat in in place. Should be relatively easy job to remove if this is true.
Thanks for the info. I guess time will tell on how easy the seat is to remove and put bac

Local time
Reaction score
I recall reading somewhere that one of the test drivers told a passenger that there were no only 12 or 14 bolts holding be the seat in in place. Should be relatively easy job to remove if this is true.
Thats to bad I think there are 8 on my 200 series maybe less actually. They should make them quick disconnect for the NA market who cant get the utility version.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thats to bad I think there are 8 on my 200 series maybe less actually. They should make them quick disconnect for the NA market who cant get the utility version.
I wonder how many of the 30-40,000 global customers each year will want to remove the rear seats occasionally from their Station Wagon version.?
Most markets can get the 2 seat version
Others might get the 5 seat version and remove the seats permanently or for a period of time for a dedicated trip.
I can't see many people needing to regularly reconfigure the rear seating.
Even if it was 500 that is still very few to go through the engineering and design approval.

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I remove the rear seats on my pajero if I am doing an Overland where I have a lot of gear and fuel. Takes about 30 minutes to take out and put back. I estimate the seats weigh about 40 to 50 kg will worth the effort.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
And something that's been hidden with the 5 seat versions I've seen ~ the arrangement in the middle looks like the handbrake mechanism is internally routed for a significant part. That should help keep it in good condition and make adjustments easier. 👏

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos does not recommend removing the rear seats because of the aux batt. So don't buy theirs. Their inverter is too small anyway. Get a lithium! Good point about the airbags. My Tacoma passenger seat can't be removed because it contains the squib for the air bags! I deleted 2009 Tacoma jump seats for storage and dog shelf, 2003 Saturn VUE rear seats for dog crate, 1967 VW bug rear seat for cross country trip. I burned a hole in my sleeping gear from the VW battery acid. Like the Grenadier, the VUE seats didn't fold flat either and it was a major drawback.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos does not recommend removing the rear seats because of the aux batt. So don't buy theirs. Their inverter is too small anyway. Get a lithium! Good point about the airbags. My Tacoma passenger seat can't be removed because it contains the squib for the air bags! I deleted 2009 Tacoma jump seats for storage and dog shelf, 2003 Saturn VUE rear seats for dog crate, 1967 VW bug rear seat for cross country trip. I burned a hole in my sleeping gear from the VW battery acid. Like the Grenadier, the VUE seats didn't fold flat either and it was a major drawback.
He said auxiliary battery, but the main battery is also under there
He also said it with an English smirk on his face so read between the lines.
There is no inverter available with the Grenadier

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But even without the aux battery, the main battery is under there too. Moreover, IA is no longer providing an inverter option.

Edit - @DaveB beat me on the draw.

jrchrds

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:43 PM
Reaction score
I'll be looking at this in detail at my test drive. I fully expect to be removing the seat part of the back seats, I think when they answered this question in the latest Q&A the guy assumed the entire seat, including battery compartments, was to be removed, when the majority of us asking about this just want the flat decking shown in the utility version that we can't get in the US. I agree, we may not be able to get the spare cover panels right away, but it shouldn't be a really difficult aftermarket fabrication.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'll be looking at this in detail at my test drive. I fully expect to be removing the seat part of the back seats, I think when they answered this question in the latest Q&A the guy assumed the entire seat, including battery compartments, was to be removed, when the majority of us asking about this just want the flat decking shown in the utility version that we can't get in the US. I agree, we may not be able to get the spare cover panels right away, but it shouldn't be a really difficult aftermarket fabrication.
If the IA parts are unavailable, an aftermarket company might make a seat-delete kit like they do for other vehicles.

Something like THIS

Local time
Reaction score
But even without the aux battery, the main battery is under there too. Moreover, IA is no longer providing an inverter option.

Edit - @DaveB beat me on the draw.
YUCK! So what do seat deleters of the world do? Please tell me you're wrong about the main battery. One of the reviews spoke of a 260 VAC inverter, which would be useless.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
YUCK! So what do seat deleters of the world do? Please tell me you're wrong about the main battery. One of the reviews spoke of a 260 VAC inverter, which would be useless.
Nope - regular battery and plenty of other electronics are under the left side rear "60" seat.

Back
Top Bottom