The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build Thread LOST 4X4 Build: Aftermarket Wheels and Roof Top Tent

Darby

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:43 AM
Reaction score
Posting my new setup which was fitted today.
  • tyres: MAXXIS RAZR AT811 285/70/17’s
  • wheels: Black Rhino Stadium, 6x130, offset +45mm (rare offset in this specific wheel)
Haven't driven enough to notice fuel consumption difference etc. Handles great so far though.

IMG_4327.JPEG
IMG_4329.JPEG

Getting tinting done next week, will post more photos once that's complete.

Desperately need to find some aftermarket sidesteps, local fabricator can't make me a set due to the curtain side airbags!

Feel free to follow my Instagram @lost4x4aus.

Further posts:
Roof Top Tent: https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...ls-and-roof-top-tent.12413056/post-1333223769

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:43 AM
Reaction score
  • wheels: Black Rhino Stadium, 6x130, offset +45mm (rare offset in this specific wheel)
Haven't driven enough to notice fuel consumption difference etc. Handles great so far though.

View attachment 7826054

Desperately need to find some aftermarket sidesteps, local fabricator can't make me a set due to the curtain side airbags!
How about a pic that shows the wheels? A bit difficult to make out in your current pic.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
Do I spy a set of OEM steelies with BFG tyres in the background that may be for sale?…

Darby

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do I spy a set of OEM steelies with BFG tyres in the background that may be for sale?…
You betcha! Already sold 2 today, so only 3 left though! Maybe I should of tried to sell them as a set first, whoops.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You betcha! Already sold 2 today, so only 3 left though! Maybe I should of tried to sell them as a set first, whoops.
How did you sort out the TPMS on the new/old set?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Is that an ADR thing?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7826054
View attachment 7826055

@Darby have you had the razr’s before?? Thoughts?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just fitted 285/70/17 Bfg km3's on spare set of OEM steels. Will keep the ko2 for summer/alps.

Massive thanks once again to AJS Tyres for sourcing and fitting. They are located at the bottom of the M25 and always give excellent and professional service. Speak to Andy or Dean. Have had a few Grens in to show but I'm the first for tyres. They are impressed and proper off-road lads. https://www.reigate-tyres.co.uk/?y_source=1_MTM5NzQ1MTYtNzE1LWxvY2F0aW9uLndlYnNpdGU=

TPMS bought and fitted from aftermarket supplier, will post details on TPMS thread. Unfortunately after working for a while they then showed 73.9psi on all 4 tyres and 'TPMS Lost' all the way home and even an on/off start at the petrol station. (How can a 3/4 90l full tank take 45 litres? oh well).

It may be because I have the 5 original wheels/tyres/sensors in the back. Will test once removed.

No rubbing on lock and still room to turn the stops in if choose to do so. A further 1inch offset or 25-30mm spacers (not preferred) would've been nice but then that cakes the body more.

Attachments

• IMG_9552.jpeg
    IMG_9552.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_9555.jpeg
    IMG_9555.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_9564.jpeg
    IMG_9564.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_9562.jpeg
    IMG_9562.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 264

Darby

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is that an ADR thing?
Yeah pretty sure to keep it legal / compliant, either way I still want all my airbags working so guess I'll keep looking for some other sidesteps which have crumple zones

@Darby have you had the razr’s before?? Thoughts?
Yeah, just did a few big trips in my Landcruiser with the exact same size razr's, held up and rode awesome.

IMG_4160.JPEG

Just fitted 285/70/17 Bfg km3's on spare set of OEM steels. Will keep the ko2 for summer/alps.

Massive thanks once again to AJS Tyres for sourcing and fitting. They are located at the bottom of the M25 and always give excellent and professional service. Speak to Andy or Dean. Have had a few Grens in to show but I'm the first for tyres. They are impressed and proper off-road lads. https://www.reigate-tyres.co.uk/?y_source=1_MTM5NzQ1MTYtNzE1LWxvY2F0aW9uLndlYnNpdGU=

TPMS bought and fitted from aftermarket supplier, will post details on TPMS thread. Unfortunately after working for a while they then showed 73.9psi on all 4 tyres and 'TPMS Lost' all the way home and even an on/off start at the petrol station. (How can a 3/4 90l full tank take 45 litres? oh well).

It may be because I have the 5 original wheels/tyres/sensors in the back. Will test once removed.

No rubbing on lock and still room to turn the stops in if choose to do so. A further 1inch offset or 25-30mm spacers (not preferred) would've been nice but then that cakes the body more.
looks good!

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7826054
View attachment 7826055

Looks great Darby!!!! I'm thinking about Black Rhino Arsenals. How much tire protrude past the fender?

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:43 PM
Reaction score
Your rig looks fantastic!

Cheers.

Darby

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks great Darby!!!! I'm thinking about Black Rhino Arsenals. How much tire protrude past the fender?
Only about 1cm, poke turned out quite subtle. If you want a wider comparison the Kenyan Grenadier has +38 offset with same size tires which pokes a lot.

Your rig looks fantastic!

Cheers.

Cheers!

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have asked RockArmor in Australia whether they will be making their airbag compatible rock sliders for the INEOS. Not at this time was the answer, but the more INEOS owners who ask the more chance they will, so please ask.

View: https://youtu.be/lZTF52yMGJw

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:43 PM
Reaction score
What makes a rock slider "airbag compatible"?
This is what I was wondering, at least in the US, I've never heard of a slider being "compatible" or "not compatible"

Back
Top Bottom