The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Loose Glass - rear passenger doors

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score
New one today - after finally giving it a wash, when cleaning the windows I noticed that the fixed panes in the rear passenger doors move!

If you put your hand against the pane and push it up/down or side/side it moves around 10mm in any direction.

They don't leak but I wouldn't have thought they should do this - could some of you see if I'm not just that lucky person again please?

Thanks.....

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score
New one today - after finally giving it a wash, when cleaning the windows I noticed that the fixed panes in the rear passenger doors move!

If you put your hand against the pane and push it up/down or side/side it moves around 10mm in any direction.

They don't leak but I wouldn't have thought they should do this - could some of you see if I'm not just that lucky person again please?

Thanks.....
Just checked - Indeed they move. I would say vetically 4mm, horizontally 2mm

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score
Just checked - Indeed they move. I would say vetically 4mm, horizontally 2mm
After initially being horrified, the more I thought about it, they would have to move slightly in one direction (ideally vertically so the dead weight holds them) how else would you be able to fit them in the rubbers.

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score

Thanks.....
@Simon C
I've just made myself comfortable in my lodge with a beer and read posts here in the forum and now you come around the corner with the topic.
I went to the workshop and checked it on my Grenadier. Indeed I can move the glass vertically and horizontally, approx. 6-8 mm.
When the outside temperature is 220 °C, they can expand and then fit exactly.
;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom