The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Side indicator on raised air intake loose - Australia.

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:34 AM
Reaction score
The side indicator mount fixed to the raised air intake was loose and half hanging out after my first 500km drive. Pushed it back in but the lugs are pretty crappy and not sure how long it’ll be before it’ll need duct tape eventually. I presume that’s the temporary 3-d printed version until there’s a proper one from ineos ? Hopefully it’s not the final one. Taking it to agents this week to have a passenger door lock adjusted this week as the door needs much harder slam than the other doors and the wife is complaining - as are my ears.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A fairly common and often reported issue with the temporary Cat6 side indicators. The mounts are 3D printed and are not flexible so the lugs break off. A couple of dots of black Sikaflex or similar will keep it in place until the permanent indicators become available. Don't go crazy though. They need to come off again to do a changeover.

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A fairly common and often reported issue with the temporary Cat6 side indicators. The mounts are 3D printed and are not flexible so the lugs break off. A couple of dots of black Sikaflex or similar will keep it in place until the permanent indicators become available. Don't go crazy though. They need to come off again to do a changeover.
Thanks. Great tips and I look forward to seeing the final Aussie version. On photos, the round ones are clearly a better match with the underlying badge shape so hopefully will be those again or a changed badge shape to match the current cheese wedges. If not I may have to order some roundies from overseas… 🙂

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:34 PM
Reaction score
The side indicator mount fixed to the raised air intake was loose and half hanging out after my first 500km drive. Pushed it back in but the lugs are pretty crappy and not sure how long it’ll be before it’ll need duct tape eventually. I presume that’s the temporary 3-d printed version until there’s a proper one from ineos ? Hopefully it’s not the final one. Taking it to agents this week to have a passenger door lock adjusted this week as the door needs much harder slam than the other doors and the wife is complaining - as are my ears.
Hi RYA ,not taking the pi$$, but 3months and 5000+miles in its easier to crack the drivers window open a little when closing the passenger door.The door seals are too good and the air can't escape (y)

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good thought but it’s only the front passenger door that’s a massive slam and even then 25% of the time needs a re-do - the rears and driver doors are fine irrespective of the order of passenger loading / door shutting. Hence the adjust. angents senior mechanic has also noticed it and the gap/ strike angle on that door is off compared to the other three. Will keep the forum updated.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had my passenger door adjusted as much as posable, still have to slam the bloody door :mad:, just find for some reason it helps and stops her who must be obeyed from moaning about another fault with this :poop: car.
PS i love it

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Had my passenger door adjusted as much as posable, still have to slam the bloody door :mad:, just find for some reason it helps and stops her who must be obeyed from moaning about another fault with this :poop: car.
PS i love it
Will definitely try it then if your better half has stopped complaining then mine might do the same 😂

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nothing on earth will ever stop her Moaning 🤣🤣 just one less thing on the Greny 🤪

cheeters

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good thought but it’s only the front passenger door that’s a massive slam and even then 25% of the time needs a re-do - the rears and driver doors are fine irrespective of the order of passenger loading / door shutting. Hence the adjust. angents senior mechanic has also noticed it and the gap/ strike angle on that door is off compared to the other three. Will keep the forum updated.
Yeh. Notice that on mine as well. I dont notice it now. I like the sound of the solid door slam.

Reactions: @nd

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Rather than slamming the door with a "large swing" bring the door within 50-100mm of close then shut it firmly, not "hard and fast"
This minimises the amount of air to be compressed.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom