The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Load Rating for Side Rails & Doors

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:56 AM
Reaction score
The official rating for the exterior rails are supposed to be ~40kg per panel

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
This door-mounted side-step looks like a great way to access the roof, just wondering about the load rating for:

1 - the side rails
2 - the door itself

View attachment 7841618

Hi skickshifter, Buzz Overland makes a very nice door step which is worth consideration. DaBull

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
This door-mounted side-step looks like a great way to access the roof, just wondering about the load rating for:

1 - the side rails
2 - the door itself

View attachment 7841618

I saw this on aliexpress as well. In my opinion it is a good way to ruin the door fast and secure.
The best way would be to use it with an open door and a 100 kg + person.

Local time
7:56 AM
Reaction score
The official rating for the exterior rails are supposed to be ~40kg per panel

Thanks! So how do these door steps work? They show the guy standing on one step (on one panel if I understand you correctly). A typical adult weighs about double the rating for the panel. :unsure:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks! So how do these door steps work? They show the guy standing on one step (on one panel if I understand you correctly). A typical adult weighs about double the rating for the panel. :unsure:
If they are like the Buzz step, the go to the hinge, not the side rail... I don't know if there is a published capacity for that

Local time
Reaction score
Hi skickshifter, Buzz Overland makes a very nice door step which is worth consideration. DaBull

Ahh, these mount to the door hinges - as opposed to using the side rails. This is probably better than the AliExpress ones, but the weight is still on the door and hinge. I'll reach out to them and ask about door rating...

I've seen a similar product on Jeeps (never had it on my own Jeeps). The doors on the Grenadier seem much stronger than those on the Jeep. Maybe I'm overthinking it...

Local time
Reaction score
If they are like the Buzz step, the go to the hinge, not the side rail... I don't know if there is a published capacity for that
EDIT: Yes, you are correct - both options mount to the hinges.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No - these AliExpress ones mount to the side rail - so they are not the same as the Buzz ones that mount to the door hinge. The Buzz ones look nicer (stainless steel), and seem like they'd be stronger (bolted into the hinges as opposed to using side rails).
I think the Ali ones do in fact mount to the hinges, but I can confidently state that the boys from Buzz would be the way to go regardless.

Local time
Reaction score
I think the Ali ones do in fact mount to the hinges, but I can confidently state that the boys from Buzz would be the way to go regardless.
You are correct! My bad. Yeah, the Buzz products seem top-notch. Still wondering a bit about the load rating...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom