The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

LeTech: EXCITING!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:25 PM
Reaction score
Would need a taller Boreland Hall!
I told her the price for the shed and she almost passed out.
She wants to build a new house and a swimming pool on the block after the shed is done so I pointed out that my shed is only 20% as much as her construction costs.
Hard to counter that argument

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
She wants to build a new house and a swimming pool on the block after the shed is done so I pointed out that my shed is only 20% as much as her construction costs.
Married life is all about compromises and negotiations. Like international politics , a delicate balance at times.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Married life is all about compromises and negotiations. Like international politics , a delicate balance at times.
Yes.
We often make decisions without consulting each other but then we know each other so well that we wouldn't make decisions we knew the other wouldn't want.
Same as that ridiculous argument of I make all the money, or more money than you.
Car choices however are a very personal thing
She hates my current vehicle so is glad to see it go.
Luckily she loves the Grenadier.

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
10:25 PM
Reaction score
What has this to do with the Grenadier?
.........Roof rack, if it is ante portas, will be my first candidate to look at, that's for sure. And they offer drawer systems and other stuff as well.
Next dream: cut the Genadier chassis and put on a pickup box like they did for the G-wagen!01_20230105_151331.JPG

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Next dream: cut the Genadier chassis and put on a pickup box like they did for the G-wagen!View attachment 7799660
The "command" seating of the G-wagon is reminiscent of the early Range Rovers with their panoramic views to the front and side. The Grenadier by comparison is a bit claustrophobic compared with my former P38 Rangie. Ahh the compromises we make! 😜

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The "command" seating of the G-wagon is reminiscent of the early Range Rovers with their panoramic views to the front and side. The Grenadier by comparison is a bit claustrophobic compared with my former P38 Rangie. Ahh the compromises we make! 😜
I haven’t had a chance to see one in person yet. How is the visibility compared to an 80series LC?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've canvassed the prospect of living in a luxe offroad caravan, housed in large shed like you propose to build Dave. A home base for high tech mobile grey nomad minimalism lifestyle.... My co-driver for 50+ yrs smiles and reminds me to finish the jobs on the list to maintain our " Queenslander" abode... 😍

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I haven’t had a chance to see one in person yet. How is the visibility compared to an 80series LC?
I don't have experience with the 80 Series. Others have mentioned however that the Grenadier forward vision is not all that different from their experience with the "old" Defender.

EDIT: I'd have thought (speculation) that the top edge of the windscreen of the 80 series is higher than that of the Grenadier and coupled with the seating possibly provides a broader view all around.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Given how popular the ute format is in Oz, are any of our members holding off from buying the wagon? Are any of you planning to buy a wagon only to swap down the line?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Given how popular the ute format is in Oz, are any of our members holding off from buying the wagon? Are any of you planning to buy a wagon only to swap down the line?
I have spoken to quite a few people who said they are but don't know if they are on this forum.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The back door and the tub, they have kept the same angle as the windscreen, it is integrated beautifully on the G Wagen...instead of filling in the back door wheel arch as they do on Land Cruisers...ever so slight angle on the back of the cab works...Le Tech might be involved.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've canvassed the prospect of living in a luxe offroad caravan, housed in large shed like you propose to build Dave. A home base for high tech mobile grey nomad minimalism lifestyle.... My co-driver for 50+ yrs smiles and reminds me to finish the jobs on the list to maintain our " Queenslander" abode... 😍
You are only allowed to live in a caravan on a property for 6 months of the year but in maximum 30 day stretches.
You need to get a council permit
Or you can just do it discretely and hope nobody dubs you in.
My neighbours have the caravan inside the shed and close the shed doors at night.
This is only while their new house is getting built.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The back door and the tub, they have kept the same angle as the windscreen, it is integrated beautifully on the G Wagen...instead of filling in the back door wheel arch as they do on Land Cruisers...ever so slight angle on the back of the cab works...Le Tech might be involved.
This is only a long wheel base prototype on the grenadier

1673057721409.png1673057768662.png

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
Before you now order this setup: It's a five figure investment, and it's not in the low five-figure range. I'm not to tell more.

LeTech will be with this Grenadier on the Abenteuer + Allrad in summer in Bad Kissingen. I will be there.

I can not thank LeTech enough for the generous openess they have granted me, as a pure enthusiast and not being a jounalist, let alone from a big magazine. It was a pleasure and an honour to me, and I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. Thank you, Mr. Kriso!

The LeTech roof rack, if it is ante portas, will be my first candidate to look at, that's for sure. And they offer drawer systems and other stuff as well.
Thank you so much for sharing!

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
This definitely proves that Ineos has been providing vehicles for aftermarket development. My prediction is the Next big thing we will see is the AluCab conversion. I’ll be up to 150k in no time.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This definitely proves that Ineos has been providing vehicles for aftermarket development. My prediction is the Next big thing we will see is the AluCab conversion. I’ll be up to 150k in no time.
The is an early video with the Alucab guys where they say they are working on roof conversions and accesorries
And someone in Africa made this prototype as well

Back
Top Bottom