The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

LeTech: EXCITING!

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
Any idea on what the lift from the springs was. The Portals look to give 6 inches or so. I think a 5 or 6 inch portal and 35s would be a sweet spot. Hopefully they are cheaper than the G Wagon versions!!! Pretty cool stuff though

1672967497469.png

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like this company has a lot of expertise in the G wagens ,did you talk to them about their opinion and experience to work with the Grenadier ? Pluses , minuses.....?
My nephew is living in Germany and working in the marine industry. Andreas Lennartz is a client of his and we have had interesting chats regarding his take on the Grenadier. Technically, very impressed with the Grenadier and compared to the Benz it packs great value for the money! That was some time ago and I think we probably all have the same take on it knowing what we do now...but it makes for happy motoring.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
As others have said and I’m sure more think, this is the coolest thing I’ve seen in a while. @emax there’s a Grenadier kit on the way to you in the near future :)
I agree. A moderate lift with 33/35's would be the bomb.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:21 AM
Reaction score
What? No 40s???

Kidding ;)
Here come the Americans 😂
What has this to do with the Grenadier?

Until today, before our visit, the project was all day hidden behind a big screen, and nobody was allowed to see it - except Sir Jim, which had visited LeTech ...

Before we went there, I asked on the telephone whether I may take my camera with me, but Mr. Kriso only said "Hm, I'm not sure ... we'll see ... ". And today, upon arrival, he said "Ok, we have decided to now show the project to the public. You may take the photographs and are allowed to show it in the Grenadier Forum".

So Mr. Kriso brought us to another building and showed us, what was hidden to the public until today.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

And so I may proudly present their result to you all which are now the very first witnesses to see the "LeTech Portal Axles Grenadier":

Here it is 🤩 🏆 (y) 😍:

View attachment 7799540View attachment 7799541View attachment 7799542View attachment 7799543

A sample to get a feeling for the height:

View attachment 7799544
View attachment 7799545

37" tires:

View attachment 7799546

The front axle, left side:

View attachment 7799547

The rear axle, right side:

View attachment 7799548

The rear axle, right side, a bit brighter:

View attachment 7799549

Front axle, left side:

View attachment 7799550

Front axle, right side:

View attachment 7799551

Real bead locks (2-parts rims):

View attachment 7799552

Before you now order this setup: It's a five figure investment, and it's not in the low five-figure range. I'm not to tell more.

LeTech will be with this Grenadier on the Abenteuer + Allrad in summer in Bad Kissingen. I will be there.

I can not thank LeTech enough for the generous openess they have granted me, as a pure enthusiast and not being a jounalist, let alone from a big magazine. It was a pleasure and an honour to me, and I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. Thank you, Mr. Kriso!

The LeTech roof rack, if it is ante portas, will be my first candidate to look at, that's for sure. And they offer drawer systems and other stuff as well.
Awesome Emax! Thanks for sharing these pictures and your experience there! Great write up mate.

Great to see companies like Letech getting involved so early with making custom Grenadiers, it really bodes well for aftermarket support!

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
What a nice post, thank you @emax
On Monday I'll call my dealer and ask if they already have some cars for test rides.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the enthusiastic comments. I am glad that I could contribute to your enthusiasm. :)

I'm just the reporter and I was lucky to get this opportunity. The credit goes to Lennartz.

And remember poor @TD5-90, who was in fact the first of us to see this car - but couldn't give us the good news. (y)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
And not to forget: Thanks to my wife, after all, it all boils down to the most typical female question: What color? 😂

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:21 AM
Reaction score
What a brilliant thread and thanks for sharing. The engineering of the G-Wagons looks to be very professional. A fantastic endorsement for the IG from this company. Now off to browse their website.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the enthusiastic comments. I am glad that I could contribute to your enthusiasm. :)

I'm just the reporter and I was lucky to get this opportunity. The credit goes to Lennartz.

And remember poor @TD5-90, who was in fact the first of us to see this car - but couldn't give us the good news. (y)
emax, also from me an overall "THANK YOU" for your contribution to this community!! Wish I could be only 1% as busy on this topic as you are...

No reason to think of me as "poor", I felt lucky at that time! It was a great day at LeTech, very friendly and, as far as I can guess, highly competent and motivated staff, the Grenadiers, great G-Wagons, a number of good conversations with other Grenadier enthusiasts, and last but not least the test drives!
And no, I couldn't hold back completely: https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/whats-the-one-option.12410732/post-1333138657

Attachments

• IMG_20220923_125114.jpg
    IMG_20220923_125114.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 46

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
emax thanks for the fantastic pictures. It was a great pleasure spending time with you under, in and around the Grenadier at Krah & Enders. Greetings to your wife. see you soon for further plans with the Granny and to test wild boar salami
Wild boar salami? Sounds delightful! How does boar taste compared to regular pork?
Happy Fun GIF

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I am curious to see the first LeTech Grenadier conquer the Rubicon Trail. :)

Back
Top Bottom