The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

LeTech: EXCITING!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:57 PM
Reaction score
Wild boar salami? Sounds delightful! How does boar taste compared to regular pork?
It is delightful And I can confirm it tastes better than regular pork. Like everything wild, it has its own flavor. You have to try it.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
You think a spare would fit on the back or should I just toss it on the roof. 😀

Local time
Reaction score

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Wild boar salami? Sounds delightful! How does boar taste compared to regular pork?
Happy Fun GIF
Better, course you killed it by yourself. It’s not bought in a supermarket.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
A bit off topic, but the german company Tibus is offering bolt-on-parts to convert existing axles to portalaxles.
They offer kits for different cars, from Jimny to G-Wagen. So later on, they will probably have something also for the Grenadier.
The lift is 100 - 125 millimeter.
That's a smart solution.

But as far as I can see, it's made of machined parts - as opposed to cast parts.

There is nothing wrong with machined parts. But such parts are subjected to the toughest loads. And that's one of the reasons why cast housings are the preferred solution. They are unbeatably rigid.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I found a site selling the above for a Gen II G-Wagon and they're on sale ... for $22,000!!!

LINK
That's the entire kit for all four wheels, I guess. A lot of money. But given the low quantities and in view of the G-Wagon sticker this is unfortunately realistic.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's the entire kit for for four wheels, I guess. A lot of money. But given the low quantities and in view of the G-Wagon sticker this is unfortunately realistic.
Right, by percent that price is smaller with respect to a G-Wagon’s price, but if a similarly priced kit were made available for the Grenadier, it would be about 25% the value of the truck.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Including rims, tires and all the fuss around it be prepared for significantly more than that.

Just as an example, a folding roof for a classic Defender costs 10-12k $/€/GBP. That's 25-30% of the new price of the vehicle. And it's just a sheet metal job.

EDIT: numbers corrected.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:57 PM
Reaction score
doesn't your wife over run her eye over the monthly Mastercard statement!!
We don't have credit cards, we only use cash except for the house mortgage.
So if we didn't have sufficient cash for all our needs I wouldn't do it.
My house goes on the market next week, so hopefully both our mortgages will go away, then we won't have to worry about interest rates or repayments for anything again.

I wouldn't put portal axles on anyway as I just don't need them.
I think about $20K of accessories at most on my Grenadier such as lights, roof rack, awning and drawers/fridge

She wants a new Jimny and that will get the same and a lift/suspension upgrade

Assuming we get a good price for our house somewhere between $2-2.5 Million
Who knows these days the way the market is going

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Having looked at the photos of that G Wagon pick up, I think it would be a tough choice for me over the IG if money wasn’t a problem.

Never seen this companies work before but I now have a new “if I won the lottery” dream to add to the others.

Glad it was you and your photography skills who saw it Emax….top work mate.

Anyway this thread is boring I am off to read the ASPW thread, apparently he reckons it’s all just for show and Letech just create show ponies that will look amateurish against his new project.

However he did state this after letech refused to give him one of their vehicles for free and 12 months worth of fuel to run it 😂

Back
Top Bottom