The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Leaking Safari Roof and Door Seals Flooding The Car And other Leaks and Problems

nodric

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:47 PM
Reaction score
The adhesive strip is about 10mm wide and I have more tack in my spit than it has. I just think they are 💩

The sag was the entire length of the door bottom, but I am minded to have them glue it as they seemed to have solved the water ingress. If it is just better glue then I can give that a whirl. The issue grows if it starts to fail in more areas. I just think Ineos needs to manufacture a far better quality seal.

I am off for a drive to Big Bend and surrounding areas next week, and then it will be back at the dealer. Fingers crossed this is the only issue I have and I will not encounter more. This is the car we all wanted. Just fix the effin seals FFS! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: CB

nodric

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In the meantime Sewell are hosting a breakfast and a first owners social on June 15th. Invite only but if you are a customer then you should get one. I will be there. Hope to meet some of the local owners and console each other over leaks.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@nodric, have a safe and fun Big Bend trip! Please post about it when you get back, if you don't mind. We're planning to go in October. Unfortunately, won't be able to make it to Sewell social. Heading to Padre Island National Seashore.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score
The adhesive strip is about 10mm wide and I have more tack in my spit than it has. I just think they are 💩

The sag was the entire length of the door bottom, but I am minded to have them glue it as they seemed to have solved the water ingress. If it is just better glue then I can give that a whirl. The issue grows if it starts to fail in more areas. I just think Ineos needs to manufacture a far better quality seal.

I am off for a drive to Big Bend and surrounding areas next week, and then it will be back at the dealer. Fingers crossed this is the only issue I have and I will not encounter more. This is the car we all wanted. Just fix the effin seals FFS! 🤦🏻‍♂️
I know it's DIY but it should work

nodric

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@nodric, have a safe and fun Big Bend trip! Please post about it when you get back, if you don't mind. We're planning to go in October. Unfortunately, won't be able to make it to Sewell social. Heading to Padre Island National Seashore.
Taking the new Insta360 Ace Pro for some light offroading on the Old Ore Rd and Black Gap Rd. I used to trial in my Series IIa. I'll be OK. I have a fridge and low ratio. What more could I possibly need 🤪

Last edited:

purplefrogfan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My door seals on driver and passenger are both sagging down now. I push them up into place for now but wow that really shouldn't be an issue. Guess I will talk to Sewell.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
Bloody Hell - what a moan of a thread! Hopefully, all problems are being resolved!

Last edited:

Mena2

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In the meantime Sewell are hosting a breakfast and a first owners social on June 15th. Invite only but if you are a customer then you should get one. I will be there. Hope to meet some of the local owners and console each other over leaks.
No leaks for me (yet?!?) but I plan on going and look forward to meeting everyone!

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Please let us know if the problem gets resolved, and if so how, and also if the seals stay stuck to the door 🤞
Will do. They've had a problem with the replacement steering column, so it won't be until later next week awaiting parts.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Replacement steering column 👀
Yes, a small click from the joint nearest the bulkhead (firewall) when slow speed manoeuvring.
The dealer had one in stock, so must be a known issue.

JKLIVIN

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score
This is frustrating to say the least.
We only have 100 miles on ours. Passenger door is a waterfall after a nights rain.
I have read all 10 pages of this… Still does not appear that there is a real fix, please correct me if I’m wrong and steer me in the right direction so that I can go to my dealer with the correct information.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:47 PM
Reaction score
Still does not appear that there is a real fix, please correct me if I’m wrong and steer me in the right direction so that I can go to my dealer with the correct information.
Your dealer has access to the TSB to conduct the fix. Will the fix last forever? That remains to be seen

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Deluge this morning. There was a puddle on the front passenger floor mat. Underneath was dry. No one else rode in my Grenadier today. New mystery.

Back
Top Bottom