The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Last payment

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:44 AM
Reaction score
Like a lot of us on this forum, I have finally come to the end of my tether with the shabby treatment shown to us by ineos.
I wish I had refused to pay for mine until it is ready for delivery as others have done. After full payment, my vehicle has been registered (incorrectly), taxed etc, but Ineos refuse to release it to me because the final checks are not done and the steps have not been delivered. First months tax out of the window for starters!
Do Ineos care? Not one bit. Can I complain. Next to impossible. Can agents help, they are in the same boat as me.
My advice, which I really wish I had followed, DO NOT PAY UNTIL YOUR CAR IS READY FOR COLLECTION! They will only start treating us like the loyal customers we are, when they are forced to.
Perhaps it is time they were publicly called out for their actions, a few poor press releases might force them to act fairly, which is all any of us want and deserve.
For me the whole experience has been tarnished by Ineos themselves. Poor customer management and business practice have spoiled the buying of what is I believe a fantastic product that I now own but cannot have!
As has been said many times before. None of us seriously expected this car to actually become a reality for us one day. Anyone who wants more communication with the manufacturer or dealer should go to one of the usual producer and dealers. Ineos has more important things to do right now than deal with the buyers' aches and pains. They may not always know how things are going either. For my Grenadier only the papers for the registration are missing now. And here again a big thank you to the boss of the whole thing and his team.

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
Like a lot of us on this forum, I have finally come to the end of my tether with the shabby treatment shown to us by ineos.
I wish I had refused to pay for mine until it is ready for delivery as others have done. After full payment, my vehicle has been registered (incorrectly), taxed etc, but Ineos refuse to release it to me because the final checks are not done and the steps have not been delivered. First months tax out of the window for starters!
Do Ineos care? Not one bit. Can I complain. Next to impossible. Can agents help, they are in the same boat as me.
My advice, which I really wish I had followed, DO NOT PAY UNTIL YOUR CAR IS READY FOR COLLECTION! They will only start treating us like the loyal customers we are, when they are forced to.
Perhaps it is time they were publicly called out for their actions, a few poor press releases might force them to act fairly, which is all any of us want and deserve.
For me the whole experience has been tarnished by Ineos themselves. Poor customer management and business practice have spoiled the buying of what is I believe a fantastic product that I now own but cannot have!
I don’t think it’s deliberate actions by Ineos Automotive I think they are inexperienced and disjointed. It’s not an excuse but may explain their actions.
If your Grenadier is registered and taxed you’ve presumably got the V5C by now which should mean you could legitimately take delivery and drive it away assuming your contract is the same as mine. It’s vague on the exact process but I think it’s pretty clear that they have to give you possession once the reg number is known and issued (it is the only identifier not set by IA) and the vehicle is road legal (which it must be if they’ve registered it). I’d be pretty hacked off if I was you and as a last resort would probably seek redress from my card operator if I’d used a credit card for the £2500 deposit. It wouldn’t fix matters (£30k limit is exceeded) but it would un-nerve a seller needing a credit card facility to take deposits over the web and would flag issues with the merchant providers. The downside might be that it could seriously irritate IA. Maybe you simply need to serve a performance notice on them under the contract terms remembering that most of us are consumers so have a lot of rights when buying over the web.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I paid yesterday and had a call today to offer a cancellation slot tomorrow morning 0730 hrs for a major stomach operation that I’ve been waiting a few months for. Looks my wife is going to be driving the Grenadier before me 😩😤🤬
Surgery done. Sat up in bed. Sorry of if I post nonsense over the next few days but the effects of general anaesthetic and pain relief maybe with me for a while. Successful operation by account of anaesthetist so things are on the up and will be dreaming about Grenadier travels for the foreseeable
😴😴😴😴

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Update..
just had a phone call from Tom Raker in the customer service team. Well aware of my problems and will set about rectifying them tomorrow am. The errors in registration are not only my vehicle, all affected will be sorted by Ineos.
in near future vehicles will be ready for delivery before final payment request, once payment made vehicle will be registered then delivered.
I pointed out that there were many other members of the forum, who have paid up in full but still in the dark as to delivery..
I suggested a quick investigation am tomorow, identifying those of us in my position, then sort us out in a chronological order, I don’t mind waiting my turn if the others are prioritised.
Finaly he agreed that when parts are lost, ie my steps, don’t try for months to find them, holding vehicles back, just quickly replace them and search later.
I hope this works.
He will update me during the day tomorrow.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As has been said many times before. None of us seriously expected this car to actually become a reality for us one day.
Speak for yourself. I was hopeful in the beginning and won over by the effort put into communicating the engineering effort and provenance they were seeking to establish.

Things like this only become a reality exactly because of people like us, who express an interest, place an order, and give a significant amount of money. Without the first customers there is no business.

Anyone who wants more communication with the manufacturer or dealer should go to one of the usual producer and dealers. Ineos has more important things to do right now than deal with the buyers' aches and pains.
You work for Ineos and I claim my £5.

They may not always know how things are going either. For my Grenadier only the papers for the registration are missing now.
I can't help wondering how you will feel when this remains the case for the next 2 months?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Update..
just had a phone call from Tom Raker in the customer service team. Well aware of my problems and will set about rectifying them tomorrow am. The errors in registration are not only my vehicle, all affected will be sorted by Ineos.
in near future vehicles will be ready for delivery before final payment request, once payment made vehicle will be registered then delivered.
I pointed out that there were many other members of the forum, who have paid up in full but still in the dark as to delivery..
I suggested a quick investigation am tomorow, identifying those of us in my position, then sort us out in a chronological order, I don’t mind waiting my turn if the others are prioritised.
Finaly he agreed that when parts are lost, ie my steps, don’t try for months to find them, holding vehicles back, just quickly replace them and search later.
I hope this works.
He will update me during the day tomorrow.
Well done you.

Was the phone call a result of your posting here/social media or expected?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good luck PBD. Sounds like you have kicked the right bottom and wish you progress tomorrow. Tax is a pretty big one, I'd be seeking reimbursement for the weeks paid and not driven - that's on them not you. I'm confident all will come out in the wash. Fingers crossed.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good question,

Paid in full Monday 24th April, was told by the Ineos support team that the receipt takes "About 2 days" and the portal "some time", so rather vauge, nothing showing today, Wednesday. Anyone else paid and received a receipt yet?
I’m in the same situation, it’s been PDI’d paid for been offered a fair part ex then nothing 😡. It’s not the dealer it’s Ineos who need to get their fingers out.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got my request to pay last Friday. I'd received a phone call from the agent 2 days previously to say Ineos had told them they'd have the car in 48 hours. In theory the request to pay had been sent when the agent had confirmed delivery ~ or that was at least how I thought it had worked. Pretty slick and Ineos were certainly upping their game.

I rang the agent today and no vehicle was received last week. They have a new email saying it's 48 hours from today.

So I'm now glad I didn't pay last week or would I have been in a stronger position to move things along/expedite missing parts? I think @Ever Pragmatic took the latter view?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As has been said many times before. None of us seriously expected this car to actually become a reality for us one day. Anyone who wants more communication with the manufacturer or dealer should go to one of the usual producer and dealers. Ineos has more important things to do right now than deal with the buyers' aches and pains. They may not always know how things are going either. For my Grenadier only the papers for the registration are missing now. And here again a big thank you to the boss of the whole thing and his team.
Sure I did!

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got my request to pay last Friday. I'd received a phone call from the agent 2 days previously to say Ineos had told them they'd have the car in 48 hours. In theory the request to pay had been sent when the agent had confirmed delivery ~ or that was at least how I thought it had worked. Pretty slick and Ineos were certainly upping their game.

I rang the agent today and no vehicle was received last week. They have a new email saying it's 48 hours from today.

So I'm now glad I didn't pay last week or would I have been in a stronger position to move things along/expedite missing parts? I think @Ever Pragmatic took the latter view?
To be fair, I’ve used the fact that I paid swiftly as leverage.. it has allowed me to be very direct with the powers at be.. and opened a dialogue directly to Ms Calder. To be fair, they and the dealer, have moved things along, including tracking the replacement brake pipes and a compromise on an ECU update on the locking. As it stands, I now have a reg number and, fingers crossed, a delivery date for the Friday morning….
That said, general communication has been less than average and Ineos have missed a golden opportunity to be more open with a intelligent, mature and forgiving customer base..

Like me, I’m sure most of you have taken Flyer on the Grenadier and accept all the faffing that goes with be a vanguard customer for a new vehicle..

I’ll still be “sick of waiting” for the time being.

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m just going to wait till the vehicle is fully ready before payment and I have a delivery date, I will then pay 48 hours in advance of this point. That’s in line with what it says on the website.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m just going to wait till the vehicle is fully ready before payment and I have a delivery date, I will then pay 48 hours in advance of this point. That’s in line with what it says on the website.
My vehicle as of today is in transit and I have been requested to pay. I'm with you @Pipm4000 I'll pay 48 hours before delivery.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My take on it is that they will not give you a final delivery/collection date until its paid for?? I may be wrong but that's how to seems.

Reactions: PBD

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
Surgery done. Sat up in bed. Sorry of if I post nonsense over the next few days but the effects of general anaesthetic and pain relief maybe with me for a while. Successful operation by account of anaesthetist so things are on the up and will be dreaming about Grenadier travels for the foreseeable
😴😴😴😴
What do you mean if you post nonsense over the next few days????
I thought posting nonsense on here was compulsory.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well done you.

Was the phone call a result of your posting here/social media or expected?
Like Ever Pragmatic, I have spoken directly to Lynn Calders office and have advised that the correct order for delivery to customer should be:-
1) All checks on vehicle are complete and it is ready for delivery to customer as ordered.
2) Ineos requests final and full payment.
3) Once funds are cleared, vehicle is then registered to customer.
4) Vehicle delivered to customer.

As to all of us who are in the Ineos delayed delivery boat, I have been assured that tomorrow morning checks will be made and all those who have paid in full, but have not received their car, will be identified and prioritised. I asked that this review be conducted chronologically, even it means my delivery is delayed to be fairer to others who have been waiting longer.
As to missing parts I asked that where parts are clearly missing that a regime of replacement then trace be adopted rather than the impossible delays caused by the current attempts to locate missing delivers of parts.
I also asked that workshop manuals etc be made available as was the original intention for us to service etc ourselves.
I was assured we early supporters are valued VIPs and I suggested that communication to us at an individual level will ensure the best publicity Ineos could hope for.
We should not have to pester Lynn Calder to get things moving.
I am hopeful that things will improve from here on in and will keep you guys informed going forward.
With any luck I will have to find another "windmill" to take a tilt at!
Paul D

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Like Ever Pragmatic, I have spoken directly to Lynn Calders office and have advised that the correct order for delivery to customer should be:-
1) All checks on vehicle are complete and it is ready for delivery to customer as ordered.

As to all of us who are in the Ineos delayed delivery boat, I have been assured that tomorrow morning checks will be made and all those who have paid in full, but have not received their car, will be identified and prioritised. I asked that this review be conducted chronologically, even it means my delivery is delayed to be fairer to others who have been waiting longer.
As to missing parts I asked that where parts are clearly missing that a regime of replacement then trace be adopted rather than the impossible delays caused by the current attempts to locate missing delivers of parts.
I also asked that workshop manuals etc be made available as was the original intention for us to service etc ourselves.
I was assured we early supporters are valued VIPs and I suggested that communication to us at an individual level will ensure the best publicity Ineos could hope for.
I am hopeful that things will improve from here on in and will keep you guys informed going forward.
Paul D
Well done. thank you very much , I wait to be identified and prioritised 👍🏼

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Paul D

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

So is item 1. effectively post PDI and vehicle is at agents?

Back
Top Bottom