The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Last payment

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:18 AM
Reaction score
YES - but I am not paying months in weeks in advance. That would be stupid. I need to see the actual vehicle first.

Free world, we all can do as we think fit.

I’m with you Nomad on this, I am not too trusting of anyone.

I had my final bill the other day, I won’t even consider paying it until it’s turned up at the dealer and I want to see the thing first as well.

Good luck @Logsplitter and hope everything goes well buddy. Se the plan by your Mrs to be the first driver worked well for her then 😆

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
I’m with you Nomad on this, I am not too trusting of anyone.

I had my final bill the other day, I won’t even consider paying it until it’s turned up at the dealer and I want to see the thing first as well.

Good luck @Logsplitter and hope everything goes well buddy. Se the plan by your Mrs to be the first driver worked well for her then 😆
My vehicle appeared at the dealer in early February. I sat in it, revved and imagined taking it home.. When they mailed me requesting payment, it was natural to think that delivery would happen swiftly there after…. That was the 28th of March.. Im still imagining taking it home and Ineos must be spending my £62k on fags, booze and gambling for all I know.. At least someone is having fun.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
My vehicle appeared at the dealer in early February. I sat in it, revved and imagined taking it home.. When they mailed me requesting payment, it was natural to think that delivery would happen swiftly there after…. That was the 28th of March.. Im still imagining taking it home and Ineos must be spending my £62k on fags, booze and gambling for all I know.. At least someone is having fun.

Best of it is, 37 other customers all sat in that very same vehicle and they all had the same dreams as you, they all paid in full as well !!

Just think of it as a timeshare until there is enough for one each.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Best of it is, 37 other customers all sat in that very same vehicle and they all had the same dreams as you, they all paid in full as well !!

Just think of it as a timeshare until there is enough for one each.
Eurgh…. What a thought as I didn’t think the Gren would appeal to “time share” enthusiasts…

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer phoned and told me to ignore the payment email, car is on the way but they have a lot awaiting repair. He said wait till it’s there, I’ve checked it over and it’s PDI’d then pay. Seems sensible to me.
That seems like very good advice👍

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
We will pay Ineos Australia and have full consumer protection
I presume Ineos Australia will also build into the account payments any discounts that may be applicable .IE no GST for TPI veterans and State Tax and registration exemptions etc as well as the $1500 discount on accessories offered by Ineos Australia for Defence personnel etc???

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:18 PM
Reaction score
I presume Ineos Australia will also build into the account payments any discounts that may be applicable .IE no GST for TPI veterans and State Tax and registration exemptions etc as well as the $1500 discount on accessories offered by Ineos Australia for Defence personnel etc???
It might be worth someone with defence force interests tagging the hard working Justin Hocevar on the Australian Grenadier FB group to see if this applies.

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I paid yesterday and had a call today to offer a cancellation slot tomorrow morning 0730 hrs for a major stomach operation that I’ve been waiting a few months for. Looks my wife is going to be driving the Grenadier before me 😩😤🤬
Hope the operation is a success and hassle-free!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
YES - but I am not paying months in weeks in advance. That would be stupid. I need to see the actual vehicle first.

Free world, we all can do as we think fit.
The info. I've received from Ineos states that the funds only need to be cleared two days prior to collecting the vehicle.
This was a similar arrangement with the previous two vehicles I purchased in Brisbane in the past three years... in these cases it was 24hrs prior.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am unsure of the tax situation so you would need to check
1682473985326.png

Falkirkbairn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did call dealer (grange Edinburgh) to ask for update before paying but they haven't phoned back so i just payed it pretty sure all will be fine .
Did you not get the “Dear Guest” email from Luke asking for your details? Thought that it was very impersonal and a strange choice of salutation.

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone who has paid final amount how long does it take for receipt and portal to update confirming they have received your hard earned cash ?
Good question,

Paid in full Monday 24th April, was told by the Ineos support team that the receipt takes "About 2 days" and the portal "some time", so rather vauge, nothing showing today, Wednesday. Anyone else paid and received a receipt yet?

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Our first major roadtrip will be to Waterloo Arnhem and the dday sites hopefully but when is in the lap of the gods
If your in Normandy on the week of the 6th June will be there with the 1942 Jeep [which is a certainty!! ] and hopefully the Grenadier that should be with me soon.....

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good question,

Paid in full Monday 24th April, was told by the Ineos support team that the receipt takes "About 2 days" and the portal "some time", so rather vauge, nothing showing today, Wednesday. Anyone else paid and received a receipt yet?
I emailed them yesterday morning and my portal was updated yesterday afternoon

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good question,

Paid last Wednesday.
Finally got e-mail from IA (not VAT receipt) that they had received funds yesterday so just under a week.
Web portal still shows in transit and not changed.
Need to speak to dealer today as their dealer portal should have receipt and can now request registration as i believe it.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Web portal still shows in transit and not changed.
what does it change to after that/delivery to you?

curious as '4. In Transit' is the last rung on my portal ladder.

Presume delivered or some such variant.

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
what does it change to after that/delivery to you?

curious as '4. In Transit' is the last rung on my portal ladder.

Presume delivered or some such variant.
It is the last rung but below that it still says payment pending even though they have acknowledged payment via e-mail.
1682520607951.png

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Like a lot of us on this forum, I have finally come to the end of my tether with the shabby treatment shown to us by ineos.
I wish I had refused to pay for mine until it is ready for delivery as others have done. After full payment, my vehicle has been registered (incorrectly), taxed etc, but Ineos refuse to release it to me because the final checks are not done and the steps have not been delivered. First months tax out of the window for starters!
Do Ineos care? Not one bit. Can I complain. Next to impossible. Can agents help, they are in the same boat as me.
My advice, which I really wish I had followed, DO NOT PAY UNTIL YOUR CAR IS READY FOR COLLECTION! They will only start treating us like the loyal customers we are, when they are forced to.
Perhaps it is time they were publicly called out for their actions, a few poor press releases might force them to act fairly, which is all any of us want and deserve.
For me the whole experience has been tarnished by Ineos themselves. Poor customer management and business practice have spoiled the buying of what is I believe a fantastic product that I now own but cannot have!

Back
Top Bottom