The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Largest Functional Tire Without Mods

Local time
11:06 PM
Reaction score
Were you by chance the other customer test vehicle for the springs? I only ask because of the Eibach sticker on the side of the vehicle
This photo is of one of the two Grenadiers that Owl in Arizona owns for product development.
Owl has partnered with Eibach as a vendor for their springs and some other upcoming stuff.

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
This photo is of one of the two Grenadiers that Owl in Arizona owns for product development.
Owl has partnered with Eibach as a vendor for their springs and some other upcoming stuff.

I just ordered the U.S. spec 2.5" front and 1.2" rear Eibach springs at Titan. https://titanmotorsports.com/produc...ift-kit-3-0l-6-cyl-turbo-suv-4wd-2024-to-2024

Messaged back and forth with Bottle Deliwala there and he is also expecting reservoir shocks and sway bars eventually (he says 2-4 months at least) and plans to keep everyone who purchases springs on his list to inform of their release.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just ordered the U.S. spec 2.5" front and 1.2" rear Eibach springs at Titan. https://titanmotorsports.com/produc...ift-kit-3-0l-6-cyl-turbo-suv-4wd-2024-to-2024

Messaged back and forth with Bottle Deliwala there and he is also expecting reservoir shocks and sway bars eventually (he says 2-4 months at least) and plans to keep everyone who purchases springs on his list to inform of their release.
Looking forward to seeing it! I'd love to get some weight in the back end and see how it handles it.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Forgive me folks if I have missed this in this or another thread...

I have seen products online for the Grenadier that will space a larger tire away from the rear door to ensure half door closure isn't a problem. Trouble is they're pretty expensive. Is there any reason why a cheap wheel spacer wouldn't work instead? I know there is always a very healthy debate about actually running spacers/adapters on a vehicle - full disclosure, I had them on my previous HD pick-up and never had any issues over 100k miles - but simply for the spacing purpose, I could get one for $100ish bucks US instead of the $450 vehicle specific product.

Thanks in advance for the insight and advice.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Forgive me folks if I have missed this in this or another thread...

I have seen products online for the Grenadier that will space a larger tire away from the rear door to ensure half door closure isn't a problem. Trouble is they're pretty expensive. Is there any reason why a cheap wheel spacer wouldn't work instead? I know there is always a very healthy debate about actually running spacers/adapters on a vehicle - full disclosure, I had them on my previous HD pick-up and never had any issues over 100k miles - but simply for the spacing purpose, I could get one for $100ish bucks US instead of the $450 vehicle specific product.

Thanks in advance for the insight and advice.
The products that currently exist (Black Sheep makes one, and I am assuming by their photos, Agile is working on one?) move the tire towards the passenger side slightly, I would imagine there is a bit of spacing away from the body as well, but most of the clearance is gained because it shifts laterally

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The products that currently exist (Black Sheep makes one, and I am assuming by their photos, Agile is working on one?) move the tire towards the passenger side slightly, I would imagine there is a bit of spacing away from the body as well, but most of the clearance is gained because it shifts laterally
Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense.

Local time
Reaction score
I have never seen an IFS rig equipped to handle 37s! Other then a Baja buggy that is. Any of those vehicles would fall apart instantly off road shedding axles and IFS parts. Mall Queening is one thing, using it off road is another.

Bronco Raptors are IFS and come factory with 37” tires. I stock Bronco can handle a 37” tire with $150 in modification.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:06 AM
Reaction score
Bronco Raptors are IFS and come factory with 37” tires. I stock Bronco can handle a 37” tire with $150 in modification.

Not from the endless streams of videos and reports I have seen. Even complete front end upgraded replacement packages are failing non stop. Its not just the Tie Rod Fiasco, its the entire front end, axle tubes, CVs. I watched a huge rally of Broncos recently, and it was shocking how fast they fell apart one by one. I have fought IFS carnage my entire life, before chickening out on recent vehicles like an Xterra and 4 Runner, and stopping upgrades, realizing its not real practical to keep trying to fight it, then converting my 1996 Montero with SAS and moving away from the horrors. If you have not smashed every single IFS component wheeling an IFS rig, you just have not wheeled much. Sure, Jeeps have some similar issues as Jeep refuses to make them reliable. But for a reasonable amount of money you can. With IFS you just will never get there. And with a Power Wagon or Grenadier you can just set all that stress aside, and leave the trailer load of spare parts at home. I sure do not miss all those greasy spares in my rig!

Local time
Reaction score
Not from the endless streams of videos and reports I have seen. Even complete front end upgraded replacement packages are failing non stop. Its not just the Tie Rod Fiasco, its the entire front end, axle tubes, CVs. I watched a huge rally of Broncos recently, and it was shocking how fast they fell apart one by one. I have fought IFS carnage my entire life, before chickening out on recent vehicles like an Xterra and 4 Runner, and stopping upgrades, realizing its not real practical to keep trying to fight it, then converting my 1996 Montero with SAS and moving away from the horrors. If you have not smashed every single IFS component wheeling an IFS rig, you just have not wheeled much. Sure, Jeeps have some similar issues as Jeep refuses to make them reliable. But for a reasonable amount of money you can. With IFS you just will never get there. And with a Power Wagon or Grenadier you can just set all that stress aside, and leave the trailer load of spare parts at home. I sure do not miss all those greasy spares in my rig!

A Bronco Raptor does in fact come from Ford with 37" tires. As for the regular Bronco, the majority of people having tie rod issues are lifting them which increases the angle of the tie rods are full droop. That is a recipe for breaking tie rods and binding CV's. The why to run 37" tires on a regular bronco is to install a JKS max tire clearance kit which is a bolt in kit that removes the front crash bars. Among other cars I happen to have a 2022 Bronco with the Sasquatch package and have wheeled it a lot without a single issue.

I guess I really don't know anything since I have only been wheeling since 1982. For a while there we raced a class 1/2 1600 in SCORE (Baja 1,000, Mint 400, etc.). Silly me I guess I will learn something one of these days.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:06 AM
Reaction score
The Raptor is too big and expensive for most, definitely a bit large for trails. 37" tires are sort of the norm off road, and Ford should have engineered for that being only one size larger. The Baja builds are fine, but too expensive for production vehicles and likely other issues. ( like size) But IFS is meant to be cheaper to build for manufacturers, and a 50K-200K suspension Baja set up defeats that purpose. Get through a 2 week Sierras trip with out breaking, and I will believe it. Granted, not much gets through that with out breaking....but it would prove it.

Back
Top Bottom