The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build Thread Krabby and Ol' Glaurie

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:05 PM
Reaction score
Congratulations!

That is the least satisfying key turn ever. There's no resistance

That’s really weird. A couple of (US) members here have mentioned it. My UK Fieldmaster definitely has detents and resistance. Did they skimp on later versions for the US I wonder. Strange.

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score
Terrific! Great color combo. One of the things I've enjoyed is I never have to search for my car in a parking lot. It's really a great feeling to see it coming out of the store. Enjoy every second!

OverlandGearGuy

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
Ok - FINALLY got my truck!!! I picked it up late afternoon yesterday and took a "scenic" 🤣 drive home through Philly. I have zero familiarity with things so lots to learn over the next few days. That said.

Initial positive reactions:
Love it - haven't smiled while driving this much in ages
Drives great - steering in a non-issue, engine smooth and powerful, comfortable...

Initial negative reactions
That is the least satisfying key turn ever. There's no resistance - it's like turning the key in a kids Power Wheels car

I'm still buzzing and need to get my head organized and get moving on doing things.

First order of business will be my Tougher seat covers. My goodies from @OverlandGearGuy are in the mail so I'll also start to sort the interior storage situation.

I did try to do the o-ring key mod, but there are tiny - like had to use a magnifier on the phone to realize they were torx heads and not rivets - screws that need to come out. One I asertain the head size I'll order a driver so i can get that done. Already set the alarm once.
So excited for you. Congratulations you are going to have such a great time.

Having an amazing weekend and go put some miles on that thing and get it dirty
lol

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:05 AM
Reaction score
There were several youths playing some B-Ball outside of a school.

Let’s just say it’s more scenic at night when you can’t see anything.

I didn’t just want to hop on the highway and do 75 on a truck with 13 miles. Eased it through some neighborhoods to get some easy miles.
For sure, I'm trying to figure a scenic route from Seattle back to the east side (right side) of the state. Not sure I want to break it in by doing 250 interstate miles.

Any reports on the HVAC function yet?

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Good for you Krabby! Was a good week for us both...

Regarding the key, you don't need to hold it in position to start. Just turn it and release it quickly as it starts to turn over. It's more like a momentary contact switch. Resistance is futile.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
I was indeed at RDS! I couldn't imagine how many trucks would be there and Michael said the vast majority are already sold with just a few cancellation trucks. The Fit was out of its comfort zone to say the least!

Attachments

• IMG_9120.JPG
    IMG_9120.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9117.JPG
    IMG_9117.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 66

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok - FINALLY got my truck!!! I picked it up late afternoon yesterday and took a "scenic" 🤣 drive home through Philly. I have zero familiarity with things so lots to learn over the next few days. That said.

Initial positive reactions:
Love it - haven't smiled while driving this much in ages
Drives great - steering in a non-issue, engine smooth and powerful, comfortable...

Initial negative reactions
That is the least satisfying key turn ever. There's no resistance - it's like turning the key in a kids Power Wheels car

I'm still buzzing and need to get my head organized and get moving on doing things.

First order of business will be my Tougher seat covers. My goodies from @OverlandGearGuy are in the mail so I'll also start to sort the interior storage situation.

I did try to do the o-ring key mod, but there are tiny - like had to use a magnifier on the phone to realize they were torx heads and not rivets - screws that need to come out. One I asertain the head size I'll order a driver so i can get that done. Already set the alarm once.
Hi Krabby, Congratulations. Many more Miles of Smiles to you!
All the wait was worth it!
DaBull

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulations and finally.......... welcome to the club :) . Really grateful to you and Stu for all your organisation with this place. Let the adventures begin! Chuffed for you mate.

Phud

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And you left the dogs out of the excitment?

I hope you all have fun with it

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And you left the dogs out of the excitment?

I hope you all have fun with it
Lots of stops and goes at stores and such. Plus, the seat cover install was part of the mission. I'm loving the tougher covers, but it really is a two man job IMO.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
The intro for Fresh Prince of Bel Air; so I'd imagine the intro was filmed ~1990
I only remember small bits because I didn't watch much TV back then. But I got reminded of Fresh Prince because I just saw Joseph Mydell (the butler) in a rerun of Death in Paradise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom