The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build Thread Krabby and Ol' Glaurie

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
Ok - FINALLY got my truck!!! I picked it up late afternoon yesterday and took a "scenic" 🤣 drive home through Philly. I have zero familiarity with things so lots to learn over the next few days. That said.

Initial positive reactions:
Love it - haven't smiled while driving this much in ages
Drives great - steering in a non-issue, engine smooth and powerful, comfortable...

Initial negative reactions
That is the least satisfying key turn ever. There's no resistance - it's like turning the key in a kids Power Wheels car

I'm still buzzing and need to get my head organized and get moving on doing things.

First order of business will be my Tougher seat covers. My goodies from @OverlandGearGuy are in the mail so I'll also start to sort the interior storage situation.

I did try to do the o-ring key mod, but there are tiny - like had to use a magnifier on the phone to realize they were torx heads and not rivets - screws that need to come out. One I asertain the head size I'll order a driver so i can get that done. Already set the alarm once.

Zartoon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:17 AM
Reaction score
Looking good Krabby. For the remote o ring mod, Order a screwdriver set for phone repairs from Amazon. It will come in handy.

Wait till your fuel level goes down. That chime will startle the bejesus out of you. Then you will think of this comment. :)

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:17 AM
Reaction score
Ok - FINALLY got my truck!!! I picked it up late afternoon yesterday and took a "scenic" 🤣 drive home through Philly. I have zero familiarity with things so lots to learn over the next few days. That said.
Congratulations! Curious, tho, what does a "scenic" drive thru Philly look like?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
There were several youths playing some B-Ball outside of a school.

Let’s just say it’s more scenic at night when you can’t see anything.

I didn’t just want to hop on the highway and do 75 on a truck with 13 miles. Eased it through some neighborhoods to get some easy miles.

Back
Top Bottom