The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Jersey Strong

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:45 AM
Reaction score
That very well might be. Try calling Philly and see if they can help.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Called this morning. I was assigned Danbury. The rep didn’t know when the dealer would be up and running but tried to reassure me that it would be soon. Also told me that my vehicle has not gone to production yet. Told me that I could NOT change my dealer (to Philly). Sit tight and wait for the dealer to reach out to me. I asked if the hold up in production is the dealer delay or something else. She didn’t know. Everything is don’t worry. Soon. I’ll mark my calendar if I can figure out when “soon” is.

Pay $450 to reserve they said. Order early they said. Production in order of receipt they said. Clearly not first come first served.
So you spoke to Philly and they had record of your order and your VIN? They didn't have mine when I reached out Friday. I should be assigned to Danbury as well.

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So you spoke to Philly and they had record of your order and your VIN? They didn't have mine when I reached out Friday. I should be assigned to Danbury as well.
I did not call Philly. I called Ineos Automotive. IA said I’m not in production.

WreckITFrank

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Question for those that have an order in production. I thought initially the dealer would reach out to finalize the order. I called the Philly dealership and said I have a VIN, so no changes are possible. Is this likely just a case of my dealer not reaching out, or do you think anyone with an order in production likely did not know it until too late?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just received an email from RDS about 10 mins ago. I'm not sure if this was prompted by an email I sent this morning, or if it was coincidence. The message came from a Michael Juliana.

WreckITFrank

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
yup, he's the guy running point in Philly area.

FWIW he said he's looking for trades for the dealer too so ill see what they are offering for my LR4. They are a luxury dealer, but he said they are looking for other SUV/4X4 to put on the lot.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Question for those that have an order in production. I thought initially the dealer would reach out to finalize the order. I called the Philly dealership and said I have a VIN, so no changes are possible. Is this likely just a case of my dealer not reaching out, or do you think anyone with an order in production likely did not know it until too late?
It was originally stated that the dealer would reach out to confirm when the dealer announcement was going to take place mid summer; however, since the dealer announcement got delayed, the confirmation step has effectively been skipped for (at least) the early reservation holders

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just got off phone with Michael at RDS. There is no mechanism in place at this time to switch dealers. I was the third person to call them to see if we can switch from Danbury.

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It was originally stated that the dealer would reach out to confirm when the dealer announcement was going to take place mid summer; however, since the dealer announcement got delayed, the confirmation step has effectively been skipped for (at least) the early reservation holders
Unfortunately, for those who wanted to change their pre-orders, I think you’re right.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not cool - AT ALL.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did not call Philly. I called Ineos Automotive. IA said I’m not in production.
I spoke to someone just now at Ineos Automotive. He says that the Danbury dealership should be announced within a week or so. However, he also said that zero US vehicles were in production. That seems inaccurate based on information we've seen here on the forum. Oh well. The wait continues...

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to someone just now at Ineos Automotive. He says that the Danbury dealership should be announced within a week or so. However, he also said that zero US vehicles were in production. That seems inaccurate based on information we've seen here on the forum. Oh well. The wait continues...
I think the Australian orders seem to back this up - the flow of conflicting information that is...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
In other words, SNAFU
For those that weren't around in the early days, or weren't able to order, we have to remember that they opened for orders in early 2022 (18th May from memory????) , but production was delayed until late 2022.
Standard production didn't really start until early 2023 possibly as late as Q2.
a large part of the Australian delivery delays is caused by long distance ships have to travel and the massive delays at the ports to dock and offload from ships.
Australia also has extreme quarantine requirements to protect our native species of flora and fauna so every vehicle has to be thoroughly washed and inspected at the port.
so don't take Australian lead times as a guide in any way.
I was notified on 24th May that my vehicle was in production but it didn't get on a boat until 10th July.
It is currently still sitting anchored off the coast waiting to dock, but is next in line so maybe 2-3 days.
Then it takes another 1-2 weeks to clear the docks and 1-2 weeks to get ready for me to collect as I have lots of accessories to fit.
So I should get it late October/early November.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My VIN has been assigned and in October production. Dealer says about three months until I see it in person.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Any updates anyone?? Still no dealer in Danbury CT

Back
Top Bottom