The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

is the rear access ladder a must have.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:59 AM
Reaction score
But it looks manly from the outside.

Unfortunately, nobody can see from the outside who "the man" inside is.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:59 AM
Reaction score
This is fine , but these days dont forget that you have to have a sign up. Caution glass may injure , and climbing wall can be hazardous.
I think I need to get a sign made up for my Grenadier then. “Beware of the Owner. Touching this vehicle could have fatal consequences “ 😂. Although the average Pikey trying to steal it probably can’t read.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don't know if people are over thinking it?

I've had not one but two ladders on the back of my old Defender for the last 10 years, parked it all over the place and never come back to find squatters taken up residence on my roof rack...

IMG_0356 - Copy.JPG

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I've had not one but two ladders on the back of my old Defender for the last 10 years, parked it all over the place and never come back to find squatters taken up residence on my roof rack...

View attachment 7811600
I have had kids climbing all over the back of my defender in Morocco whilst driving through the streets of Tangiers and whilst In Malawi you dare not stop if you ever had room on the back of my pickup as kids would be all over it

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For anybody that has some maxtrax or something similar could they try attaching them to the rear ladder. I don’t know whether the handle for the back door would still be accessible with this set up but if it was this would suit me.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:59 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7811600
That's exactly how I see it.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have had kids climbing all over the back of my defender in Morocco whilst driving through the streets of Tangiers and whilst In Malawi you dare not stop if you ever had room on the back of my pickup as kids would be all over it
Prince Andrew would pay you top money for that defender!

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:59 AM
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230516-052532.png
    Screenshot_20230516-052532.png
    392.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:59 PM
Reaction score
For me one of the huge appeals of the Grenadier is being able to easily climb on it and attach things to it.

I would be surprised to see many builds without the ladder. Even if you don't think you need it, might as well get it to ensure resale value. Visibility out the back is going to be bad in any event.
“Resale value”? Isn’t this everyone’s forever vehicle?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agree Dave but the rear view out the G Wagen is better than the Grenadier.

I think the spare wheel is held higher up on the large cargo door and slightly lower on the G wagen barn door.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agree Dave but the rear view out the G Wagen is better than the Grenadier.

I think the spare wheel is held higher up on the large cargo door and slightly lower on the G wagen barn door.
Also the one door. 2 doors doesn't help. However my disco I used the solar screens on plus cargo barrier with storage bags I was never seeing out the rear.... Wasn't a problem and also had no reverse camera.

Local time
8:59 PM
Reaction score
very interesting. you get use to seeing it with the spare, and without it it looks a little strange because you're not use to seeing it that way.

it looks as if there's a bolt hole that remains from the delete. I wonder if this remove was as simple as it looks. I wonder. how it
would look minus the ladder as well.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:59 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Ich war ein paar Mal in einem verdrehten Verstand - ich bestellte es ja oder nein.

Pro - einfacherer Zugang zum Dach, vielseitig, auch wenn ich es jetzt nicht brauche - was in Zukunft passieren kann - auch einige Reisen planen - auch wenn ich kein "Überlander" bin - und unwahrscheinlich ein Dachzeltschläfer. Wenn ich reise, dann wäre es von Lodge zu Lodge oder Hotel oder B&B.
Nur in sehr seltenen Ereignissen würde ich in der Natur übernachten. Aber es könnte ein paar Sachen auf dem Dach gepackt sein.

Con. Das Auto wird ziemlich oft in der Öffentlichkeit geparkt - auch über Nacht.
Es gibt (und in zunehmender Zahl) Streiche und Idioten, die es als Einladung und Gelegenheit nehmen könnten, auf das Fahrzeug zu klettern. Vielleicht, um Vandalismus durchzuführen oder einfach nur, weil sie ihre Fähigkeit mit einem hohen Gehalt an C2H5-OH im Blut überschätzen. Was passiert, wenn so ein Typ hinfällt.. (Verrässigkeit)
Herr Anselment (K&E) sagte mir jedoch... es sollte nicht zu schwierig sein, auf das Dach zu gelangen, indem man auf das Hinterrad tritt und die Seitenleisten auf dem Dach in den Griff nimmt. Wenn es also einen Willen gibt, auf das Dach zu klettern, werden sie es tun.

Also endgültige Entscheidung, ich werde die hintere Leiter haben. -
Aber was ich tun werde, ist, einen Blocker zu bekommen, der den Zugang zu den unteren Stufen unter der Heckscheibe verhindert. (und ein Aufkleber "Zugriff verweigert") Mal sehen, ob es einen Aftermarket gibt, der in den Stufen gesperrt und gesperrt werden kann. Vielseitig wäre, dass dieses Gerät als erster Schritt verwendet werden kann oder anderen Zwecken wie einer Trägerplatte dient. - Ich habe einen Metallarbeiter in der Stadt, um mit jemandem zu diskutieren, der Ausrüstung für Grenadier verkauft.

Mein Wunsch nach einer Verbesserung für Grenadier Next Gen.. haben eine Art Leiter, die schnell abgenommen / befestigt und verriegelt werden kann
IMG_7260.jpeg
On mine comes this label: "Hunting facility - trespassing prohibited" ;)

Back
Top Bottom