The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

is the rear access ladder a must have.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:55 PM
Reaction score
I wouldn’t care about approval but I would probably go down the route of some small insulators attached to the ladder then some small wires attached to a 12v powered electric fence energiser. Then pour yourself a beer and sit back and watch your vehicle. It should be great fun to watch as people attempt to climb the ladder. But I do have a warped sense of humour. 😂

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wouldn’t care about approval but I would probably go down the route of some small insulators attached to the ladder then some small wires attached to a 12v powered electric fence energiser. Then pour yourself a beer and sit back and watch your vehicle. It should be great fun to watch as people attempt to climb the ladder. But I do have a warped sense of humour. 😂
reminds me of the backyards with shards of broken bottles cemented into the tops. oi, staye the fook oot me yard oik!

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
You need to emigrate
To what country? most wont like me, conservative, white old man .. with a hobby that is not pc, a bunch of firearms Steve Lee would like.. - so rather difficult. Even I considered to leave G several times .. quite difficult for a person like me.
In particular no AUS, NZ, UK, IRL..

I will stick with a plate idea that is more versatile and unlikely to put me in trouble.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
reminds me of the backyards with shards of broken bottles cemented into the tops. oi, staye the fook oot me yard oik!
Reminds me on Belfast with a kind of spike knifes on a rod rotating on top of a concrete wall. - No I wont mount something like that on a Grenadier.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The ladder is great but still has one design flaw - the first rung is not offset like the intermediate ones are.

If anyone remembers the first prototypes, then the ladder had no offset rungs. They realised this compromised the rear door when people with big boots/feet used it and so offset the intermediate rungs. I can't believe they didn't do the same for the lower rung - the issue persists. It's impossible to use without your toecap scraping the underhang:
WP_20230512_065.jpg

As a contrast the standoff of the whole ladder is much greater with the old Defender and the problem never arises. I know the perspective makes the lights look vunerable but they are actually quite distant:
WP_20230512_064.jpg

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:55 AM
Reaction score
The ladder is great but still has one design flaw - the first rung is not offset like the intermediate ones are.

If anyone remembers the first prototypes, then the ladder had no offset rungs. They realised this compromised the rear door when people with big boots/feet used it and so offset the intermediate rungs. I can't believe they didn't do the same for the lower rung - the issue persists. It's impossible to use without your toecap scraping the underhang:
View attachment 7811360

As a contrast the standoff of the whole ladder is much greater with the old Defender and the problem never arises. I know the perspective makes the lights look vunerable but they are actually quite distant:
View attachment 7811361
Exactly what I was talking about.

Local time
5:55 PM
Reaction score
if i could take off the spare and have it look decent i would be less inclined to want the ladder. has anybody done this and actually liked the look.?

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
has anybody passed on getting this? seems like the visibility is compromised a little bit with it. if you're going a la carte build you could drop this.

i wonder how it would look if you don't get it? would you really miss it?. i guess if you have a rack and utilize it quite a bit it would make things easier.
Its a must have. Visability is actually very good through it and with the spare wheel where it is.
Had my car since Wednesday ! Fieldmaster spec

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I cannot remember ever been able to see through the rear window when travelling. Cannot put the finger on the reason, but I think it was nothing about a ladder…

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To what country? most wont like me, conservative, white old man .. with a hobby that is not pc, a bunch of firearms Steve Lee would like.. - so rather difficult. Even I considered to leave G several times .. quite difficult for a person like me.
In particular no AUS, NZ, UK, IRL..

I will stick with a plate idea that is more versatile and unlikely to put me in trouble.
We love and condone non pc hobbies. - one of us - :)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
where would you keep the spare tyre??
Defender like? On the Bonnet?

Would take some bonnet reinforcement, though.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
what I will do is get some blocker that prevents access to the lower steps
When you have found something useful, please let us know what.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Defender like? On the Bonnet?

Would take some bonnet reinforcement, though.
My Series II had that but I removed it. Couldn’t see for shit. Granted I’m a short guy, but it still blocked most of the view regardless.

Back
Top Bottom