The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Is the alleged Special Edition Grenadier 1924 real? Yes

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:55 PM
Reaction score
Press coverage on a new limited edition Grenadier 1924 celebrating Belstaff based on the Fieldmaster

Anyway, the Grenadier 1924 stands out thanks to a unique ‘Magic Mushroom’ paint colour – yes, that really is the name. It’s contrasted by ‘Inky Black’ roof and other exterior detailing, including the dechromed black grille. There’s also dark grey skid plates at the front and rear, and an exclusive set of two-tone diamond-cut 17-inch alloy wheels.

The Grenadier 1924 also features some unique badging, including one at the base of the windscreen with the Belstaff logo and each car’s exact production number, as just 1,924 examples of this special edition are being produced.
The interior is based on the more plush Fieldmaster edition of the regular Grenadier Station Wagon, so there are two openable ‘safari windows’ above the driver and front passenger, heated front seats, a rear-view camera and a 12.3-inch touchscreen.

But the Grenadier 1924 distinguishes itself with a unique dark green finish on the dashboard, centre console and overhead control panel, plus other surfaces, too. The steering wheel, handbrake and passenger grab handle are trimmed in black saddle leather.

Sure looks real but I could not find anything on the Forum.

EDIT: It is real, I found the UK press release here.
1715751383340.jpg

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score
Looks real to me. Most will end up in either Aus or America, I would think.

Do I like it ? ……I am non plused about it if a am honest. Those swanky wheels won’t look to good after the first off road trip though.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:55 PM
Reaction score

Do I like it ? ……I am non plused about it if a am honest. Those swanky wheels won’t look to good after the first off road trip though.
City car :sneaky:
Hopefully has a garage. Bird poo and pollen grime doesn't look good on shiny black roofs.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I think someone has taken their eye off the ball - this sort of marketing swank does not look good with missing manuals and strain in the dealer/agent chain.

You'd think they are having issues shifting metal!? I am not the target market.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the MM/Inky roof on my TM standard order now. With that said, other than the OD green bits inside, the LE does nothing for me.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Something that I did look for and it isn’t there, is the Belstaff logo stitched into the headrests. Not much of a mammoth task but will probably make people feel they are getting something unique for their money instead of a couple of stick on badges.

I have a badge which is even more unique on mine. It looks like a medallion and has 349 engraved into it.

Don’t want it to sound like a hate post, but from a fan, I am still very much “meh” about it.

Like @ECrider says, they need to bring their communication pathways up to 1924 standard first.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score

Although it may be popular with the shooting crowd, thinking Scotland. A very expensive sport where money doesn't really come into it.

I read somewhere that the Edinburgh dealer had the best sales figures.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Initial thoughts - I like the green interior trim, the interior numbered badge is a cool idea and one that if we can find similar blanks could probably create unique club ones (same w exterior, but that spot is so small we abandoned the idea for a club tag on the other side), totally agree about missing the mark with no embroidered headrests, and although not my preferred color combination, it looks nice.

That said, what about the folks who preordered YEARS ago. IA should retroactively design custom badges of some sort (founding guard, series I, something) for all the pre-order owners!

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For some weird reason, I am really taken with the name 1924.
Also, the dark headlining may have been appealing. Watch out for such mods coming to the aftermarket.

DeepH20

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:55 AM
Reaction score
So where to begin..? I am a tremendously loyal fan of the Grenadier and suspect I’ll end up owning several of them as new variants are released. In the performance car world this Belstaff edition is what we would call a sticker car, meaning put some cosmetic enhancements on it and call it a special edition. If I weren’t already an owner, I would go all in on a magic mushroom Belstsff. My point, that I’m slowly getting to, is that I’m likely not doubling up for a sticker car when I believe some other great variants are forthcoming. I have no doubt it will be a huge success, but from what I can tell there are no performance enhancements and I don’t see it having meaningful appreciation as a collector car.

I expressed interest and if given the opportunity I might make the purchase - but I would much prefer a QM or something with meaningful performance enhancements.

Are there any existing owners who are interested? I would like to know what other owners are thinking.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
I may end up with a Quartermaster variant in a few years as well. Its a Chevy truck at that point. That is all they did until very recently, sticker packages. They have no place for a vehicle "built on purpose". You want to add a package with lower gears and larger tires? Sure. Maybe a killer package deal on some crazy overlanding gear? Sure. I could come up with lots of cool ideas. HOWEVER, will add they are so mired in early QC issues, customer service issues, and things that need re-designed like ADAS that they should probably focus on that for another year or 2.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So where to begin..? I am a tremendously loyal fan of the Grenadier and suspect I’ll end up owning several of them as new variants are released. In the performance car world this Belstaff edition is what we would call a sticker car, meaning put some cosmetic enhancements on it and call it a special edition. If I weren’t already an owner, I would go all in on a magic mushroom Belstsff. My point, that I’m slowly getting to, is that I’m likely not doubling up for a sticker car when I believe some other great variants are forthcoming. I have no doubt it will be a huge success, but from what I can tell there are no performance enhancements and I don’t see it having meaningful appreciation as a collector car.

I expressed interest and if given the opportunity I might make the purchase - but I would much prefer a QM or something with meaningful performance enhancements.

Are there any existing owners who are interested? I would like to know what other owners are thinking.
DeepH20
I am sure there are quite a few on here who are interested in better performance. Currently it might be something that members don’t want to shout about. (Warranty’s Insurance, etc). What sort of things did you have in mind?

Back
Top Bottom