The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Into production

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
Piston heads used to be great 10 years or so. Very supportive community. It’s gone a bit strange in the last few years. At least that was my impression. I log on every 6 months now mainly for the classifieds.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:20 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for the link - spent 10 minutes reading the ranting on Piston Heads.

It's mad and quite funny actually - so many uninformed views (borderline hate really) written with such authority & knowledge about the Grenny.

The negative views fall into 3 main buckets: too expensive; ugly looking; will fail because no one will buy it

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The negative views fall into 3 main buckets: too expensive; ugly looking; will fail because no one will buy it
Basically , "I can't afford it"
4th category : "I'm a welded on Defender chap , my father fought in WW1 AND 2 and I hate Brexiteers, especially rich ones"

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for the link - spent 10 minutes reading the ranting on Piston Heads.

It's mad and quite funny actually - so many uninformed views (borderline hate really) written with such authority & knowledge about the Grenny.

I kind of feel the IG is marmite, you either love it or not.
A friend instantly slagged it off when I said I was getting one, with comments like "but you'll never use it to its full capacity, why don't you just get a defender instead, its too square, etc etc etc"
So I'm not surprised there's a lot of hate out there for it.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I kind of feel the IG is marmite, you either love it or not.
A friend instantly slagged it off when I said I was getting one, with comments like "but you'll never use it to its full capacity, why don't you just get a defender instead, its too square, etc etc etc"
So I'm not surprised there's a lot of hate out there for it.
I suspect it's driven by envy and a deep seated fear of change!! ;)

Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
Surely you send your deposit but hand over the check when you get the keys?
If you pay by Debit Card or Credit Card (warn your bank of the large payment) you can use Chargeback to get a full refund if the car is not delivered in 120 days if the company won’t refund or if it goes into liquidation. Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act (UK) doesn’t apply because the vehicle costs over £35,000. I think that Chargeback applies for all countries but check.

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:20 PM
Reaction score
I have told to several people that I am waiting for my new car. There are two ways to do that.
THE ONE
I tell them that I buy an Ineos Grenadier. (Question: "Is this a new electric company?). Then I have to tell a long story about the end of the old defender, about Sir Ratcliffe, about Steyr-Puch and so on - and when I am at the end, the other still has no idea what the Ineos Grenadier is...
THE OTHER
I tell them that I buy a new car. (Question: "An electric one?") And I answer that I am waiting for a car with a Diesel Engine. At this point the conversation allways ends.... :eek:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have told to several people that I am waiting for my new car. There are two ways to do that.
THE ONE
I tell them that I buy an Ineos Grenadier. (Question: "Is this a new electric company?). Then I have to tell a long story about the end of the old defender, about Sir Ratcliffe, about Steyr-Puch and so on - and when I am at the end, the other still has no idea what the Ineos Grenadier is...
THE OTHER
I tell them that I buy a new car. (Question: "An electric one?") And I answer that I am waiting for a car with a Diesel Engine. At this point the conversation allways ends.... :eek:
Ends quicker if you add 3l 6 cylinder turbo charged no hybrid gas guzzling- YES

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
Basically , "I can't afford it"
4th category : "I'm a welded on Defender chap , my father fought in WW1 AND 2 and I hate Brexiteers, especially rich ones"

Anyone remember the new defender when it was released to the press. All the same arguments were rolled out for that vehicle. Bizarrely JLR can’t seem to make enough of them.

I also saw a comment on there from another expert who claims the depreciation will be off a cliff. He must be basing that on his supreme knowledge of the old defender, new defender, Landcruiser and old Range Rover, as everyone knows they suffer badly with depreciation…. 🤡

Unless you have a £2000 car that you have spent £40000 on, and it has 500bhp there aren’t many on Pistonheads who are interested.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:20 PM
Reaction score
I am sure that some good soul will publish readable photos of the article here.
So you can stand by your convictions!
Whatever you think about "Bild," they may be click-baiters (or purchase-baiters?) and and they exaggerate dramatically. But they're excellent at research.

And when I get my hands on a "Bild," I actually look at it.

But I've never bought one.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1700 hrs Wednesday 8th of February 23. I have just received an email from ineos telling me my car is "in production" and asking how do I want to pay for it.
Considering my account has shown for over the last 8 months that this is a straight cash purchase and at that time they told me I was one of the first worldwide who would be getting theirs last September, Its a bit of a joke! It is a communication though!
I am also sure that if I and a couple of better qualified members on this forum, had to sort out 10000 delivery dates in the next 12 months for the new vehicles it would be a piece of cake!
I bet Dave could do it on his own! The lack of honesty from ineos annoys me but Im in it for the long haul!
End of rant! :mad:;)

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
1700 hrs Wednesday 8th of February 23. I have just received an email from ineos telling me my car is "in production" and asking how do I want to pay for it.
Considering my account has shown for over the last 8 months that this is a straight cash purchase and at that time they told me I was one of the first worldwide who would be getting theirs last September, Its a bit of a joke! It is a communication though!
I am also sure that if I and a couple of better qualified members on this forum, had to sort out 10000 delivery dates in the next 12 months for the new vehicles it would be a piece of cake!
I bet Dave could do it on his own! The lack of honesty from ineos annoys me but Im in it for the long haul!
Just had the same. Was told by Ineos that it was in build last month. Funny, if not sad.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone remember the new defender when it was released to the press. All the same arguments were rolled out for that vehicle. Bizarrely JLR can’t seem to make enough of them.

I also saw a comment on there from another expert who claims the depreciation will be off a cliff. He must be basing that on his supreme knowledge of the old defender, new defender, Landcruiser and old Range Rover, as everyone knows they suffer badly with depreciation…. 🤡

Unless you have a £2000 car that you have spent £40000 on, and it has 500bhp there aren’t many on Pistonheads who are interested.
JLR made the right decision for their company/
They stopped building a car that had limited appeal to the mass market and built one that appealed to the changing market
I was surprised they built one that was still so capable off road

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just received same email

Back
Top Bottom