The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Into production

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
1700 hrs Wednesday 8th of February 23. I have just received an email from ineos telling me my car is "in production" and asking how do I want to pay for it.
Considering my account has shown for over the last 8 months that this is a straight cash purchase and at that time they told me I was one of the first worldwide who would be getting theirs last September, Its a bit of a joke! It is a communication though!
I am also sure that if I and a couple of better qualified members on this forum, had to sort out 10000 delivery dates in the next 12 months for the new vehicles it would be a piece of cake!
I bet Dave could do it on his own! The lack of honesty from ineos annoys me but Im in it for the long haul!
End of rant! :mad:;)
If it helps killing the frustration you’re can start a new rant every time you want. We feel with you as if it’s been our own feeling!
… wait a moment, actually it is our alls feeling!

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:34 AM
Reaction score
So I’ve had the complete opposite news from my dealer today. They had told me for the last several weeks that mine had been built along with others. I asked them to please check with IA as nothing was showing on the customer portal. Today IA informed them that they had intended to build my vehicle in accordance with their production schedule but had mistakenly transposed two digits in my order number when moving it into production and instead built a vehicle for some (very very lucky….) random customer. So I have no car. No apology from IA (to the dealer’s credit lots of apologies from them) and most seriously of all no plan or commitment from IA to get my car into production soonest. I contacted IA customer service as well and they don’t know when my car (should it be replacement car?) is going to be built. All they’ve said to my dealer is that they are short of parts which doesn’t sound good. What a let down on the day the reviews came out. I haven’t a clue what to do next.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:34 PM
Reaction score
One of my best mates has two cars on order.
1/ A Toyota LC300. He has been waiting for 8 months already, Toyota cannot give him an idea when it will arrive.
2/ A VW Van for work. He has had one on order for 10 months already. His dealer rang him yesterday saying that his April expected delivery is no longer valid - with delivery perhaps next year now.
Parts are in short supply everywhere.
My advice is to try and be patient................ although that is crap advice.

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So I’ve had the complete opposite news from my dealer today. They had told me for the last several weeks that mine had been built along with others. I asked them to please check with IA as nothing was showing on the customer portal. Today IA informed them that they had intended to build my vehicle in accordance with their production schedule but had mistakenly transposed two digits in my order number when moving it into production and instead built a vehicle for some (very very lucky….) random customer. So I have no car. No apology from IA (to the dealer’s credit lots of apologies from them) and most seriously of all no plan or commitment from IA to get my car into production soonest. I contacted IA customer service as well and they don’t know when my car (should it be replacement car?) is going to be built. All they’ve said to my dealer is that they are short of parts which doesn’t sound good. What a let down on the day the reviews came out. I haven’t a clue what to do next.
'mistakenly transposed two digits' you mean they are entering orders into the production system by hand ??!!! O M G

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:34 PM
Reaction score
If that’s the case then it truly is the successor to the series and defender, at least in production capability.

I’m imagining a chap in brown work jacket, indelible pencil and a clipboard authorizing build numbers in between cups of tea (or is that coffee being in France)

Please let this not be so.

In honesty though. To have them mess up your build by entering the incorrect order number is a baffling mistake to make in this day and age. Not knowing how to fix it is even worse.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Will we be able to repair anything on the Gren with a 13mm spanner, hammer and WD40 like on the old defender? 😄
We won't need to 😉😊
What does 13mm fit on an old Landy anyway?

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
'mistakenly transposed two digits' you mean they are entering orders into the production system by hand ??!!! O M G
Yep, at least that’s what my dealer has been told.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If that’s the case then it truly is the successor to the series and defender, at least in production capability.

I’m imagining a chap in brown work jacket, indelible pencil and a clipboard authorizing build numbers in between cups of tea (or is that coffee being in France)

Please let this not be so.

In honesty though. To have them mess up your build by entering the incorrect order number is a baffling mistake to make in this day and age. Not knowing how to fix it is even worse.
Yes, truly baffling and I’m sure I’ll never get to know the whole truth but as you say the big issue now is how they are going to fix it. I’m waiting but not with much confidence.

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
My dealer just called and told me that my vehicle is in production, although Ineos itself informed me of this by email on 01/11/23. My dealer will also get 2 vehicles this week, which cannot be delivered yet. But the most important thing was the information, that 1,400 vehicles were parked in Hambach waiting for a software update. So keep calm.(y)

MRO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:34 AM
Reaction score
Just had the same. Was told by Ineos that it was in build last month. Funny, if not sad.
Exactly the same. I think and hope that they are trying to get the paperwork to catch up with their physical state rather than my vehicle only going into production now.

I don’t see anything in the reviews that puts me off. Even at 6’5” I didn’t find the ‘footrest’ too much of an issue when I sat in one and the windscreen wiper will be easy to resolve if needed.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer just called and told me that my vehicle is in production, although Ineos itself informed me of this by email on 01/11/23. My dealer will also get 2 vehicles this week, which cannot be delivered yet. But the most important thing was the information, that 1,400 vehicles were parked in Hambach waiting for a software update. So keep calm.(y)
Does anyone know precisely what software function(s) needs an updating and how is it updated - a laptop plugged into the car, a 5 minute upload and it's finished??

Back
Top Bottom