The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Insurance renewal

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:43 AM
Reaction score
I have justed renew my Trialmaster via Admiral for £1343 Ouch!!!, it was about £550 last year from Churchill who refused to renew this year
My policy with Admiral is fully comp Gold cover covering all over europe with 2 additional drivers but only 3000miles/pa I did go via Topcashback web site who were offerign a 34% cash back offer when going via moneysupermarket so hopefully when I get the cashback in about 6 months I'll have paid £886.00
Educate me on this side of the Pond please ... is £1343 per yr? Or per 6 months?
Thanks!

Reactions: PBD

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Educate me on this side of the Pond please ... is £1343 per yr? Or per 6 months?
Thanks!

As Simon says when we (UK), quote insurance prices it is normally accepted that it’s for 12 months and generally what we call “fully comprehensive” unless stated. You can just insure yourself against having an accident and paying the other persons costs and damage, your own vehicle would not be covered under the insurance. You would have to be driving a very low cost vehicle these days to have that and I don’t think there is much of a monetary saving these days if you have it.

Due to the absolute plague of vehicle thefts in the UK that has just continued to climb over the last 8-10yrs insurances have just gone up and up. The cars primarily stolen for parts or shipping abroad. No vehicle is safe but 4x4’s are specifically targeted, basically because of where the vehicles are being shipped to.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As Simon says when we (UK), quote insurance prices it is normally accepted that it’s for 12 months and generally what we call “fully comprehensive” unless stated. You can just insure yourself against having an accident and paying the other persons costs and damage, your own vehicle would not be covered under the insurance. You would have to be driving a very low cost vehicle these days to have that and I don’t think there is much of a monetary saving these days if you have it.

Due to the absolute plague of vehicle thefts in the UK that has just continued to climb over the last 8-10yrs insurances have just gone up and up. The cars primarily stolen for parts or shipping abroad. No vehicle is safe but 4x4’s are specifically targeted, basically because of where the vehicles are being shipped to.
Thank you for that clarity! I have read about the increasing thefts. Similar policy groupings on this side. However policies are q6 months. Ironically, your 12 month coverage with currency conversion is just a touch over mine for equal time period.
Cheers!

Reactions: PBD

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:43 AM
Reaction score
just renewing with Admiral on a multi car police. They quoted £1400 for 12 mos, but phoned them up and haggled a little, threw in 'I'm off to NFU' and got it down to £1230 or thereabouts. Not cheap but good enough in today's market.

Based East Sussex, UK

Back
Top Bottom