The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos Grenadier Fluids and Specifications.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:52 PM
Reaction score
Hi All

The attached was recently provided to me by Ineos support in partial answer to the many questions I posed to them. It expands on what @CountyV8 posted in an earlier thread and interestingly notes that African and some ASEAN countries Grenadiers only meet Euro4 standards.

For the Australians I have found the following oils meet all Ineos's specifications and are commonly available at most retail auto spares/accessory stores.
  • Diesel Engine Oil: Penrite ENVIRO+C2 0W-30
  • Petrol Engine Oil: Penrite ENVIRO+C5 0W-20
  • Power Steering: Penrite LDAS
Gear oils are all pretty common specs, as is DOT4 brake fluid.

I couldn't find anything that matched the BMW 83195A42DF3 coolant spec and Magic service couldn't advise either. However it can be easily bought from any BMW spares department. A 2 minute walk from the Magic show room to Auto Classic BMW and I got a 1.5l bottle of concentrate for just over $25 which was pretty good value. Dilute to 50% using distilled water.

Cheers
Steve

Attachments

• Ineos Grenadier Quick Ref Guide Draft.pdf
    156.6 KB · Views: 232

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:52 AM
Reaction score
Hi All

The attached was recently provided to me by Ineos support in partial answer to the many questions I posed to them. It expands on what @CountyV8 posted in an earlier thread and interestingly notes that African and some ASEAN countries Grenadiers only meet Euro4 standards.

For the Australians I have found the following oils meet all Ineos's specifications and are commonly available at most retail auto spares/accessory stores.

I couldn't find anything that matched the BMW 83195A42DF3 coolant spec and Magic service couldn't advise either. However it can be easily bought from any BMW spares department. A 2 minute walk from the Magic show room to Auto Classic BMW and I got a 1.5l bottle of concentrate for just over $25 which was pretty good value. Dilute to 50% using distilled water.

Cheers
Steve
Nice work Steve, thank you.

BMW 83195A42DF3 comes up as Antifr./Anti-Corros.Agent Frostox HT-12 here. Is that the product you bought from BMW?
HT-12 seems like a common spec for modern coolants. That might be the key to sourcing compatible products.
This Valvoline product for example.

The fluids guide that @Stu_Barnes has put in the resources area also lists HT-12.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
8:52 AM
Reaction score

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
8:52 AM
Reaction score
Hi All

Cheers
Steve
I’ll add this to the resources when I get to a desktop.

Great find @Rok_Dr

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nice work Steve, thank you.

BMW 83195A42DF3 comes up as Antifr./Anti-Corros.Agent Frostox HT-12 here. Is that the product you bought from BMW?
HT-12 seems like a common spec for modern coolants. That might be the key to sourcing compatible products.
This Valvoline product for example.

The fluids guide that @Stu_Barnes has put in the resources area also lists HT-12.
Hi @Clark Kent. Many thanks.

Yes that is the product I bought from BMW. Unfortunately Valvoline HT12 coolant appears to be European market only, Valvoline Australia doesn't list it.

Diving a bit deeper into the rabbit hole, the Valvoline HT12 product data sheet notes that HT12 and Frostox are brand names and not specs. The critical spec/approval the coolant has to meet is BMW LC18.

None of the common coolant brands in Australia that I've looked at (Penrite, Nulon, Tectaloy, Castrol etc) specify this approval. I'm hopeful in time INEOS will look at the performance spec levels of the common coolant brands in Australia and be able to advise a close match,

Cheers

Steve

Attachments

• EUR_Val_HT12Green_AFC_EN.pdf
    478 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @Clark Kent. Many thanks.

Yes that is the productI bought from BMW. Unfortunately the Valvoline HT12 coolant appears to be European market only, Valvoline Australia doesn't list it.

Diving a bit deeper into the rabbit hole the Valvoline HT12 product data sheet notes that HT12 and Frostox are brand names and not specs. The critical spec/approval the coolant has to meet is BMW LC18.

None of the common coolant brands in Australia that I've looked at (Penrite, Nulon, Tectaloy, Castrol etc) specify this approval. I'm hopeful in time INEOS will look at the performance spec levels of the common coolant brands in Australia and be able to advise a close match,

Cheers

Steve
You're onto it. This article is informative.
LC is Lifetime Coolant. LC-xx is the spec revision.
Frostox HT-12 is an LC-18 compliant coolant.
Similar codification to BMW's oil spec where LL is Long Life.
So we need to find another LC-18 compliant product, or buy direct from a BMW dealer.
I knew this would be simple :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You're onto it. This article is informative.
LC is Lifetime Coolant. LC-xx is the spec revision.
Frostox HT-12 is an LC-12 compliant coolant.
Similar codification to BMW's oil spec where LL is Long Life.
So we need to find another LC-12 compliant product, or buy direct from a BMW dealer.
I knew this would be simple :rolleyes:
That article is good reading. Good find @Clark Kent.

Just one typo in in your post that needs correcting, BMW approval spec is LC-18, not LC–12.

As an aside, I see Penrite continue to use the BMW GS 94000 approval for their green coolant which is no longer allowed to be used.

cheers
Steve

Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
As an additional source, and less widely available, the Owner Manual for the Diesel identifies Petronas Syntium 7000 E 0W30, which is available from Oil and Energy Australia online and currently priced at "$78.05 incl/GST" (AU$15.61/L):

Nice of Ineos to identify one of the most obscure Oils to the Australian market as preferred.

Conveniently Pentrite package a suitable ENVIRO+ C2 0W-30 (FULL SYN) in 1L, 5L, 7L, 10L and 20L containers and can be bought just about everywhere, but it's expensive ( AU$17/L in 7L form, $15/L in 20L)

Prices today per website full list prices, not discounted as they often are.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That article is good reading. Good find @Clark Kent.

Just one typo in in your post that needs correcting, BMW approval spec is LC-18, not LC–12.

As an aside, I see Penrite continue to use the BMW GS 94000 approval for their green coolant which is no longer allowed to be used.

cheers
Steve
Yep, I had HT-12 stuck in my head 🥴. Fixed now.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As an additional source, and less widely available, the Owner Manual for the Diesel identifies Petronas Syntium 7000 E 0W30, which is available from Oil and Energy Australia online and currently priced at "$78.05 incl/GST" (AU$15.61/L):

Nice of Ineos to identify one of the most obscure Oils to the Australian market as preferred.

Conveniently Pentrite package a suitable ENVIRO+ C2 0W-30 (FULL SYN) in 1L, 5L, 7L, 10L and 20L containers and can be bought just about everywhere, but it's expensive ( AU$17/L in 7L form, $15/L in 20L)

Prices today per website full list prices, not discounted as they often are.
Good spot @Farseeker.

Conveniently Oil & Energy are not far away from me…… but if you are buying on line their shipping costs aren't cheep, so in reality Penrite from any auto spares store will be way cheaper.

Last edited:

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
I just picked my Grenadier up at the dealer and asked the manager to look up some of the maintenance specifications for me as we have some travel planned to places well away from the dealer network. Here is what I gathered.

Oil Filter they provided me is BMW Part 1142 7 826 799 (Made In Tunisia) at a grab your ankles price of $24.23 each. Bought at dealer first time to ensure part numbers
Oil Grade is 0w-20 with BMW Spec oil LL-17fe+ Bottle also specified API-SP and ACEA C5
Oil Cap and Drain Plug torqued to 25 Nm

Front and Rear Diffs use 2.1L of SAE 80W90 with plug torqued to 31 Nm
Transfer Case listed both 75W90 and 75W85 1.8L and fill plug torqued to 15 Nm and parts listed Titan Sintopoid
Brake Fluid is SAEJ 1703 DOT 4
Engine Coolant listed BMW HT 12 as the requirement
Transmission fluid ATF L12108

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom