The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.
Resource icon

3D print Ineos G Hi Flow Adaptor courtesy of Aussie Battler's dimensions 2024-03-13

No permission to download

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
No I machined it out of an off cut of 70x80 mm block of industrial plastic
Nicely done. Every item of camping and 4WD gear should have at least two purposes. That funnel should come in handy in your RTT at night.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240312-192429.png
    Screenshot_20240312-192429.png
    700.5 KB · Views: 34

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How much will you sell me one for?
To machine one for sale would be expensive, the material I used was an off cut purchased from a local company that instals and maintains center pivot irrigators and it cost $20 which was cheap . I priced a piece of aluminium and it was about $60 or $70 . The machining would be several hours as there is quiet a lot of material to be removed and a couple of set ups are required as it has to be set up in a 4 jaw chuck to get the off set .then changed back to a 3 jaw chuck . It took me all day but I was making it up as I went . I would be happy to post a sketch with dimensions if you know somebody with a lathe who will to do a favor . If you took it to a machine shop the cost would be in the hundreds .

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
To machine one for sale would be expensive, the material I used was an off cut purchased from a local company that instals and maintains center pivot irrigators and it cost $20 which was cheap . I priced a piece of aluminium and it was about $60 or $70 . The machining would be several hours as there is quiet a lot of material to be removed and a couple of set ups are required as it has to be set up in a 4 jaw chuck to get the off set .then changed back to a 3 jaw chuck . It took me all day but I was making it up as I went . I would be happy to post a sketch with dimensions if you know somebody with a lathe who will to do a favor . If you took it to a machine shop the cost would be in the hundreds .
That would be most helpful Aussie Battler, thank you.

It strikes me that this is something that could be 3-D printed and with the dimensions, someone could be draw up a print file.

Cheers
Steve

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That would be most helpful Aussie Battler, thank you.

It strikes me that this is something that could be 3-D printed and with the dimensions, someone could be draw up a print file.

Cheers
Steve
I hope this will be ok , the angle is 10 degres per side (thats what I set the top slide to ) ,the ID of the spout is 18mm , wall thickness is 5mm with an undercut on the inside to form lip ,The 27 offset is from the OD of the collar to the OD of ths spout . You might be able to do without the collar but be careful of what you finish with on the inside , I put it there as a stopper against the filler neck and I also needed it so that I could hold it in the lathe for cutting the taper . Any questions just ask
Dougfunnel dimensions.jpg

Local time
3:27 AM
Reaction score
I have drawn one using Fusion 360 (screen shots I could attach) up but it seems I can not attach the stl file that I have created. It isn't really a big file so maybe something I am doing wrong.

Happy to upload if some one can tell me how.

Note: I haven't 3D printed it yet, quickly drew it this afternoon at home and the 3D printers are at work, so can not confirm the accuracy but used the dimensions Aussie Battler kindly provided. Also added some fillets to some of the edges if for no other reason then to make the edges kinder when handling the adaptor.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-03-13 at 5.59.53 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-13 at 5.59.53 pm.png
    214.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Screen Shot 2024-03-13 at 6.00.20 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-13 at 6.00.20 pm.png
    233.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2024-03-13 at 6.00.51 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-13 at 6.00.51 pm.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 15
Local time
Reaction score
Figured it out, have uploaded the .stl file titled "IG Hi Flow adaptor". Awaiting approval before it is placed in the Resource area of the website.

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have drawn one using Fusion 360 (screen shots I could attach) up but it seems I can not attach the stl file that I have created. It isn't really a big file so maybe something I am doing wrong.

Note: I haven't 3D printed it yet, quickly drew it this afternoon at home and the 3D printers are at work, so can not confirm the accuracy but used the dimensions Aussie Battler kindly provided. Also added some fillets to some of the edges if for no other reason then to make the edges kinder when handling the adaptor.
You could probably fiddle the bottom of the funnel part to improve the flow , that looks similar to mine except that I managed to get a bit of an ofset lead in but not much ,I run out of room to get the boring bar in there .

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hope this will be ok , the angle is 10 degres per side (thats what I set the top slide to ) ,the ID of the spout is 18mm , wall thickness is 5mm with an undercut on the inside to form lip ,The 27 offset is from the OD of the collar to the OD of ths spout . You might be able to do without the collar but be careful of what you finish with on the inside , I put it there as a stopper against the filler neck and I also needed it so that I could hold it in the lathe for cutting the taper . Any questions just ask
DougView attachment 7847962
Thanks so much Doug (Aussie Battler) that’s really appreciated.

Cheers
Steve

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Well done wakeo thank you. I look forward to seeing the file appearing and any further refinements.

Note for international members. This adaptor works only for a diesel vehicle. I have to check, but my understanding is the filler apature for a petrol vehicle is narrower at 21mm.

Cheers
Steve

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
this VW part also works... diesel at least not sure about petrol.

Volkswagen Genuine VW TDI Diesel Fuel Nozzle 000072709

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all, i'd forgotten all about this.
On my way home from Melbourne after picking up my Grenadier I got stuck at a servo that only had high flow diesel.
I had to nervously drive to next stop, which was absolutely fine.
I put this in the car in case I ever got stuck again.
Last night, after seeing this post, I cut off the narrowest portion, where the OD is 24mm.
I pushed it into the fuel filler space, and it opens the little safety flap.
I reckon you would need to hold it in place whilst filling from a high flow bowser, but it's only for those emergency situations for me.
$5 from SCA
An easy fix.

Attachments

• funnel.png
    funnel.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 20

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
this VW part also works... diesel at least not sure about petrol.

Volkswagen Genuine VW TDI Diesel Fuel Nozzle 000072709

checked it out on amazon ,would be perfect , I would not have wasted a day and still have my plastic off cut . But I got the pleasure of doing it my self ,only put my other projects back a day

Local time
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to 3d print the protoype based on the .stl file that was drawn up and is uploaded in the resource area. I haven't had a chance to test it for actually assisting with the filling of the tank but it looks promising.

A couple showing the support structure needed as it was printed in the upright position.

Attachments

• IMG_8437.jpg
    IMG_8437.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8438.jpg
    IMG_8438.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8440.jpg
    IMG_8440.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8441.jpg
    IMG_8441.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8442.jpg
    IMG_8442.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8443.jpg
    IMG_8443.jpg
    680.7 KB · Views: 19

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to 3d print the protoype based on the .stl file that was drawn up and is uploaded in the resource area. I haven't had a chance to test it for actually assisting with the filling of the tank but it looks promising.

A couple showing the support structure needed as it was printed in the upright position.

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Tried out the prototype today and it is ok , a bit slow with a hi flo nozzle due to the bore size of the spout but it works ok ,need to be careful when almost full as it wont shut off the nozzle . It was intended for emergancies and it is compact so I am happy . The spout cuold be a bit longer.

Back
Top Bottom