The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

I’ve had a bit of a weekend of it!

PaulBond

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:04 AM
Reaction score
I live in Andalucia, Spain and took delivery of mine on 27th June. Like many I have had problems from day 1 and have tried to communicate these to both the dealer and to Ineos Customer Support.

1. What has happened to the original plan to have service centres at Bosch service points? I ask because my dealer is an hour away.

2. My weekend started on Friday when the audible warning for not wearing the seat belt started out of the blue and drove me mad.

3. The heating decided to come on without warning and I couldn’t turn it off. The air con wasn’t working, so imagine, it’s 23 degrees and the heating is on full blast. Even when the fan was switched off the heat was unbearable.

My main issue is that it is taking an a for the dealer to offer me the long awaited software update. Partly because I am asking for a courtesy car as they tell me my faults will take some days to rectify. They also state that Ineos does not support courtesy cars…
I have taken this up with Ineos direct as the faults are theirs and not of my doing and I think they have a duty of care to look after me.

Anyone else experiencing these challenges?

View: https://youtu.be/_n77eoOfRPE?si=NT5FTP83DAxVfAWi

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I live in Andalucia, Spain and took delivery of mine on 27th June. Like many I have had problems from day 1 and have tried to communicate these to both the dealer and to Ineos Customer Support.

1. What has happened to the original plan to have service centres at Bosch service points? I ask because my dealer is an hour away.

2. My weekend started on Friday when the audible warning for not wearing the seat belt started out of the blue and drove me mad.

3. The heating decided to come on without warning and I couldn’t turn it off. The air con wasn’t working, so imagine, it’s 23 degrees and the heating is on full blast. Even when the fan was switched off the heat was unbearable.

My main issue is that it is taking an a for the dealer to offer me the long awaited software update. Partly because I am asking for a courtesy car as they tell me my faults will take some days to rectify. They also state that Ineos does not support courtesy cars…
I have taken this up with Ineos direct as the faults are theirs and not of my doing and I think they have a duty of care to look after me.

Well until now I always got a courtesy car, at no charge! A Mercedes, not my style of car, but I have a driving license :eek: 😨
But the problems, yes, like you say, from day one. :mad:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:04 AM
Reaction score

When supporting Ineos with your hard earned cash, they should help anyone that cannot actually use their car by providing a basic hire car. That would be the ethical thing to do. I would even drive a Prius if that's all they had to loan out!!!

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well until now I always got a courtesy car, at no charge! A Mercedes, not my style of car, but I have a driving license :eek: 😨
But the problems, yes, like you say, from day one. :mad:
I’m going for my update next monday and my dealer is supplying a grenadier courtesy vehicle. I’ve got it for a week apparently as they’re sorting a few other issues.. I use Adventure Automotive and they’ve been fantastic.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:04 AM
Reaction score
Texas as lemon laws. If it sits at a dealership due to no parts and I’m not provided any sort of loaner there’s going to be problems.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m going for my update next monday and my dealer is supplying a grenadier courtesy vehicle. I’ve got it for a week apparently as they’re sorting a few other issues.. I use Adventure Automotive and they’ve been fantastic.
How long are the updates taking?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How long are the updates taking?
I had a very early one, was a December build and arrived in feb, delivered in April. It’s got a load of snags on top of the software update. All of them non critical but I’m hoping they cure the following:

1. steering wheel is 2° off centre right bias
2. near side rear door push button needs lubricants
3. passenger footwell drip. This is an application of lagging to the a/c pipe I believe.
4. although it’s right hand drive, the software thinks it’s a left and it affects the door locking. Hopefully this is cured by the software update.
5. the steering wheel has a “click” when manoeuvring at low speed. Think it relates to the cv joint at the bottom of the steering column
6. 60/40 rear doors - the mechanism needs a physical adjustment as it tells the software that they’re open which is a faff due to the ping and that the rear interior lights come on and go off.. it’s intermittent but is noticeable when off road as the aperture flexes
7. There a trim rattle under acceleration which I believe is linked to the heat shielding and was an known issue for the early deliveries.
8. Both keys have to be handed over as they’re updated in line with the flash update

They may be able to sort the whole lot in a day and I’d not been rushed to get the whole job done as the driving is unaffected and it’s gets used + I’d miss it.

I’m not concerned about the works as the vehicle hasn’t let me down, is great to own and I knew It would be snaggy as it was such an early production one.

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer is 8 hours round trip away from my house in USA. I also own a business and “time is money” philosophy truly is real for a guy like me. If people are having such issues, than i certainly will spend my 85k USD somewhere else. Covid destroyed lots of industries, “ask me how I know”, and the last thing I will do is let my family get caught up in another “half-baked” purchase.

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
My dealer is 8 hours round trip away from my house in USA. I also own a business and “time is money” philosophy truly is real for a guy like me. If people are having such issues, than i certainly will spend my 85k USD somewhere else. Covid destroyed lots of industries, “ask me how I know”, and the last thing I will do is let my family get caught up in another “half-baked” purchase.
Trying times there have and continue to be!
Assuming Knauz your dealer you can coordinate early flight into ORD (assume Knauz comp pickup),
Spend 2-3 hour inspection / tutorial then 3-4 hour enviable drive home.
LMK if I can be of any assistance as your 34xx pre-order should arrive before mine.
If you bail (hopefully don't) may be interested in your M&M order if already purchased

Last edited:

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:04 PM
Reaction score
Mine goes in next week for the software update plus a few other minor bits and pieces. Like you however, I was a bit annoyed that the dealer does not provide a loan car of any sort. I originally booked the vehicle in a few weeks ago but when I was told there was no loan vehicle I had to reschedule, and that took ages to coordinate diaries with my wife. It's extremely odd that dealerships selling a vehicle costing over $100K here don't provide loan cars, especially when it's for warranty work.

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Trying times there have and continue to be!
Assuming Knauz your dealer you can coordinate early flight into ORD (assume Knauz comp pickup),
Spend 2-3 hour inspection / tutorial then 3-4 hour enviable drive home.
LMK if I can be of any assistance as your 34xx pre-order should arrive before mine 38xx.
If you bail (hopefully don't) may be interested in your M&M order if already purchased
I just hope the early gremlins of the early cars, are sorted prior to US deliveries starting. I am hopeful they have worked out the kinks. We will all know in about 30 days…

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I just hope the early gremlins of the early cars, are sorted prior to US deliveries starting. I am hopeful they have worked out the kinks. We will all know in about 30 days…
Don't be too optimistic.
As an optimist myself , I do feel compelled to say this.
However , if you plastered duct tape over my infotainment screen I would be just as happy as I am now , even with a few electrogremlins.
The car is bloody solid and drives bloody well!

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
6. 60/40 rear doors - the mechanism needs a physical adjustment as it tells the software that they’re open which is a faff due to the ping and that the rear interior lights come on and go off.. it’s intermittent but is noticeable when off road as the aperture flexes

I have this issue as well. What adjustments were made and did it work? Thankful for all the help I can get.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have this issue as well. What adjustments were made and did it work? Thankful for all the help I can get.
I’ve had the same problem and couldn’t lock the car at one point on my travels. The catches top and bottom need adjusting so that the doors shut tighter. It took a bit of time to get it dead right but worked for me until the corrugated roads worked it loose again. I now need to do another adjustment. I've found if you open the small door and the grab the big door firmly whilst still shut and pull to see how much movement you need to take up on the catches Top one you need to lever off the cover trim which comes off easily to access the bolts and at the bottom you undo some screws to take the trim off to access the catch. IMG_7223.jpeg

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve had the same problem and couldn’t lock the car at one point on my travels. The catches top and bottom need adjusting so that the doors shut tighter. It took a bit of time to get it dead right but worked for me until the corrugated roads worked it loose again. I now need to do another adjustment. I've found if you open the small door and the grab the big door firmly whilst still shut and pull to see how much movement you need to take up on the catches Top one you need to lever off the cover trim which comes off easily to access the bolts and at the bottom you undo some screws to take the trim off to access the catch. View attachment 7836524
Thank you! I will try yanking the larger door back and forth tomorrow to see how it behaves.

camshaft6au

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Back
Top Bottom