The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Incorrect V5 Registration Document (UK)

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
My car was registered at the end of April. It is a Trialmaster - as per the invoice from INEOS and the badging on the car. However, INEOS registered the car with DVLA as a Fieldmaster - as confirmed on the V5.

I had the V5 before collecting the car and pointed this out to my agent. They let me know that INEOS could change it with the DVLA and expect a new V5 to arrive in the new few weeks.

I’ve chased and chased but no replacement V5 has arrived.

Yesterday my agent confirmed INEOS have now washed their hands of this problem. Apparently, as they are no the owner, there is nothing they can do. Therefore I need to take this up with DVLA myself and get it sorted.

I thought there were a few others on the Forum in the same position. Has anyone else had their V5 corrected by INEOS?

Thanks

Reactions: PBD
Local time
Reaction score
I contacted the DVLA and a helpful guy told me what to do as the car was registered n the wrong colour the new V5 cam back in less than a week I would do it myself its easy .

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I contacted the DVLA and a helpful guy told me what to do as the car was registered n the wrong colour the new V5 cam back in less than a week I would do it myself its easy .
Mine is stil registered as blue on the V5 even though it’s DG. have not got around to changing it yet.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would do it if you ever plan to sell it.
A different colour on the rego compared to the vehicle may make buyers think it has been in a serious accident
My plan is to keep it and give to the children when they’re old enough.. when I die, I’m going to ask them to give me a Viking funeral with me in the Grenadier.. I’m pretty sure as the flames start to lick, It’ll still be saying “ transmission error” accompanied by a random bong saying the rear doors are open…!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
My plan is to keep it and give to the children when they’re old enough.. when I die, I’m going to ask them to give me a Viking funeral with me in the Grenadier.. I’m pretty sure as the flames start to lick, It’ll still be saying “ transmission error” accompanied by a random bong saying the rear doors are open…!
They'll keep the Grenadier and put you in a Morris Marina
That should sink quickly thanks to all the rust and doors that don't seal.

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They'll keep the Grenadier and put you in a Morris Marina
That should sink quickly thanks to all the rust and doors that don't seal.
Any Marina alive today must be a keeper meaning your comment is very harsh on such a quality car as the Morris Marina. They were built with really thick steel with lots of rustproofing to last many years, though for some reason few did. I had a white one in the early 80’s. It drove quite well but was clearly very poorly put together. I had a cream/ pale brown one later in the 80’s, then called an Ital. It was a truly dreadful car.

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any Marina alive today must be a keeper meaning your comment is very harsh on such a quality car as the Morris Marina. They were built with really thick steel with lots of rustproofing to last many years, though for some reason few did. I had a white one in the early 80’s. It drove quite well but was clearly very poorly put together. I had a cream/ pale brown one later in the 80’s, then called an Ital. It was a truly dreadful car.
Do you remember the epic tv advertisement?
“Accelerates faster than a Mercedes 280” or some nonsense like that.
Early 80s I think I had a Renault 18 TS, only semi dreadful.

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would do it if you ever plan to sell it.
A different colour on the rego compared to the vehicle may make buyers think it has been in a serious accident
Ha! Try explaining to anyone listening that Magic Mushroom is classed as Grey by DVLA. In sunlight, it’s anything but grey.
I guess that’s why it’s called Magic Mushroom….

Back
Top Bottom