The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:16 PM
Reaction score
Sorry to hear all this, there have been maybe two others herewith real power steering issues @Logsplitter I think. And maybe one with a brake issue. I have had all those codes including red ones on the touch screen but never caused any actual issues. The one time I briefly had a limp mode there was a check engine light on the small panel in front of the wheel. I would be camped on my agent’s doorstep if I were you, they are supposed to be your link to INEOS, I would go in there and demand to speak with the agency head and say enough is enough and that you want a proper explanation and a proper long term loan car, preferably a Grenadier or a replacement vehicle and harass them unmercifully until you get some action.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
I think that the parts backup in the UK is not really up to scratch. We have heard of lots of people waiting weeks for accessories. I have been waiting a couple of weeks for a door sensor which I was initially told was in the UK. I have now discovered that it is coming from Belgium. Still no sign of it… this is annoying as sometimes I can’t lock the car. The fault is intermittent. I don’t know where I stand if someone helps themselves to the contents of the car, would INEOS step in? I doubt it.

On the plus side I think that the fault is related to moisture inside the door, it appears to happen when the car has been parked with the drivers door facing driving rain. After a bit of driving (two dry days) the fault clears. If i don’t get the part soon I might strip the door and spray the sensors with some water dispersant, and try and seal the parts somehow. Although I dont want to wreck the trim getting it off.…. Anyone had the trim off the door???

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
Sorry to hear all this, there have been maybe two others herewith real power steering issues @Logsplitter I think. And maybe one with a brake issue. I have had all those codes including red ones on the touch screen but never caused any actual issues. The one time I briefly had a limp mode there was a check engine light on the small panel in front of the wheel. I would be camped on my agent’s doorstep if I were you, they are supposed to be your link to INEOS, I would go in there and demand to speak with the agency head and say enough is enough and that you want a proper explanation and a proper long term loan car, preferably a Grenadier or a replacement vehicle and harass them unmercifully until you get some action.
This is the right answer here . I was offered a Grenadier when i took mine in for the windscreen replacement .

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:16 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Most of the Ineos Automotive management team are on LinkedIn; haunt them on there.

The number and spread of faults suggests to me an underlying electrical fault, but there has been a few faulty power steering pumps.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
The number and spread of faults suggests to me an underlying electrical fault, but there has been a few faulty power steering pumps.
Full ACK!
Had similar issues & broke down on my very first drive, luckily a friend of mine & myself diagnosed & fixed the problem ourselves after INEOS recovery didn't show up for ~4 hours...

Masse1.jpg

View attachment Masseband am VTG locker LOW RES.mp4

I must say that I'm kind of surprised that no consequential damage showed up so far...

Local time
Reaction score
Upon departure of my very exciting test drive, the sales person told me that the latest software updates were installed in the car but that one orange warning light (can't recall which one) still persists, intermittently.
Within minutes after leaving the showroom the engine and transmission warning lights lit up! I stopped and called them just to be told to ignore it and carry-on. Which I did.
Over the next 1.000km of mainly gravel roads and offroad tracks, some of which were insanely corrugated, the warning lights came on and disappeared randomly. In all colours!
We did not experience any physical malfunctions other than the air-conditioning that stated playing up towards the end of the journey. This was a very annoying experience.

I sincerely hope INEOS get the lid on this issue! Quick.
Annoying as it was, we really fell in love with the car and the temperamental electronics could not blemish the absolute ball of a time we had!

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Full ACK!
Had similar issues & broke down on my very first drive, luckily a friend of mine & myself diagnosed & fixed the problem ourselves after INEOS recovery didn't show up for ~4 hours...

View attachment 7831385

View attachment 7831386

I must say that I'm kind of surprised that no consequential damage showed up so far...

Earth fault presumably? What was the official fix? (if there was one admitted to).

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Earth fault presumably? What was the official fix? (if there was one admitted to).
What do you mean by "official"? We (ourselves) tightended up the screw shown in the video and EVERYTHING(!) was fine from that very moment.
The link under the video to my other post gives more details.
No involvement of neither INEOS nor dealer. I informed the dealer about the fault and the fix, and was hoping that information would somehow make it through to INEOS....

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
What do you mean by "official"? We (ourselves) tightended up the screw shown in the video and EVERYTHING(!) was fine from that very moment.
The link under the video to my other post gives more details.
No involvement of neither INEOS nor dealer. I informed the dealer about the fault and the fix, and was hoping that information would somehow make it through to INEOS....
I would be surprised if a full report went back to Ineos Automotive as there was no warranty work to reimburse, (there's nothing like missing cold, hard cash to improve reporting).

Earth faults can be tricky; anyone who has run a Lotus or TVR will be familiar with accessories that work/fail at random, together and individually. A jump lead from the accessory to the chassis, (or direct to battery), is a good diagnostic tool! With old Defenders, the usual casualty is the throttle cable, the heat melts the outer cable and the accelerator then sticks, months or years later.

Nguni

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Full ACK!

View attachment 7831385

View attachment 7831386

Reactions: PBD

Nguni

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks i will check my earth connection too

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom