The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Homelink / Garage door opener available ??

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't that just a fancy version of the little controller than comes with the garage door?

Of course. The install is probably just as time consuming as a homelink mirror. Not sure I want or need to replace the mirror.

Are you still considering upgrading the mirror?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Of course. The install is probably just as time consuming as a homelink mirror. Not sure I want or need to replace the mirror.

Are you still considering upgrading the mirror?
My initial plan was to install a self-dimming mirror with the built in controls. However, now being fully aware of how poor rearward visibility is, I believe I am going the Wolfbox or similar camera-fed rear view mirror.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My initial plan was to install a self-dimming mirror with the built in controls. However, now being fully aware of how poor rearward visibility is, I believe I am going the Wolfbox or similar camera-fed rear view mirror.

That solution would be much better. I wouldn't mind having a better camera view.

The factory camera is not that bad but at night the license plate lights cause a glare or rather shine right on the camera.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't that just a fancy version of the little controller than comes with the garage door?
Kinda looks like what some sun visors have installed. It looks like it needs vehicle power to operate from the looks of that plug🤷🏻‍♂️

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:36 PM
Reaction score
My latest Toyota has an optional port installed garage remote built in the mirror. The interesting part is that no power source is needed as it's battery powered. But it's a "lifetime" battery as you can't replace it. Crazy, but it might fit the Gren. Oh and its always on.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:36 AM
Reaction score
I don't recall seeing any mention of Homelink or garage door opener being available. 😢 Maybe this will force me to upgrade to a new garage door opener with updated tech.
Not a great photo but it shows where I placed my auto gate opener. Works well and blends into the panel well enough when seen from the drivers seat. Tends to blend in, so not obvious.

Attachments

• IMG_0040.jpeg
    IMG_0040.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 88

wolftimj

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I use CarPlay/Siri to open my garage doors. There are some inexpensive add ons for older garage doors to make this work. I expect this is possible for android also. A door open button pops up on the CarPlay screen automatically when I get close to my house.

I might also use one of the ceiling switches and set it up to work with the opener.
Can you let me know specifically which CarPlay / HomeKit opener or add on you’re using. I’d like this exact behavior.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:36 PM
Reaction score
Not a great photo but it shows where I placed my auto gate opener. Works well and blends into the panel well enough when seen from the drivers seat. Tends to blend in, so not obvious.
I am pleasantly surprised that the opener works thru all the radio transmission-blocking metal between it and the garage door operator (as compared to the easier signal path through the front windshield from the typically higher mounting locations).

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I bought a Chamberlin remote and velcroed it to the top panel. It blends much better in person than in the photograph.

PHOTO

wolftimj

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Meross msg100hk. Bought and installed, works flawlessly. Install took about 30 minutes, everything just works. Garage status/open/close button comes up on CarPlay screen when getting close to home. The unit has added functionality over Homelink in that it shows the open or closed status of the door at anytime, from any device linked to your HomeKit (which is all pretty seamless for those unfamiliar or wary of tech). After sharing access to the HomeKit instance my wife’s cars now have the opener on her CarPlay as well. Good call Scott!

ScottnAZ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:36 PM
Reaction score
The unit has added functionality over Homelink in that it shows the open or closed status of the door at anytime, from any device linked to your HomeKit
I’m loving this feature! You can’t imagine how many times, over the years, I’ve turned around because I had forgotten whether or not I even closed the garage door 🤦🏼‍♂️. Now I just check the app 👍

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have an opener that uses the MyQ application. I can use this directly on the phone to open the garage door from my iPhone, can I use the CarPlay to run the MyQ door app?

Back
Top Bottom