The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hola de Tenerife!

Local time
9:23 PM
Reaction score
My name is Antti and I'm originally from Finland but live now in the island of Tenerife. I have owned 4x4's since 1983 (40 years of offroading!) and never any 2WD. I started with a Toyota, then a Nissan, a Mitsubishi but 1992 I bought my first Land Rover: Range Rover -80 3D 3,5V8 carb. I still have it "slightly" modified :).
IMG_0844.jpg

Since then I have had tens of Land Rovers and still have about 10 of those, 1 here in Tenerife, others in Finland.

I'm a naval architect and have worked 20 years in marine business but 2003 I founded a company dealing with Land Rover spares, service, repairs and off-road preparation. I retired August 2023. While I was working with Land Rovers replacement for Defender was always "coming soon". There was the surf version (probably based on Freelander 2) and when the New Defender was relaesed it was a huge disappointment. It is actually a Discovery 5 with different body and terrible amount of electronics. Beside it all recent Land Rover products no longer attract me.

When I heard of Ineos Grenadier I immediately thought "if I buy a new car, it will be an IG"! Currently I'm in the final steps of ordering one.

I have lots of pictures from events mostly arranged by me here:

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:23 PM
Reaction score
Saludos de Gran Canaria…

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My name is Antti and I'm originally from Finland but live now in the island of Tenerife. I have owned 4x4's since 1983 (40 years of offroading!) and never any 2WD. I started with a Toyota, then a Nissan, a Mitsubishi but 1992 I bought my first Land Rover: Range Rover -80 3D 3,5V8 carb. I still have it "slightly" modified :).
IMG_0844.jpg

Since then I have had tens of Land Rovers and still have about 10 of those, 1 here in Tenerife, others in Finland.

I'm a naval architect and have worked 20 years in marine business but 2003 I founded a company dealing with Land Rover spares, service, repairs and off-road preparation. I retired August 2023. While I was working with Land Rovers replacement for Defender was always "coming soon". There was the surf version (probably based on Freelander 2) and when the New Defender was relaesed it was a huge disappointment. It is actually a Discovery 5 with different body and terrible amount of electronics. Beside it all recent Land Rover products no longer attract me.

When I heard of Ineos Grenadier I immediately thought "if I buy a new car, it will be an IG"! Currently I'm in the final steps of ordering one.

I have lots of pictures from events mostly arranged by me here:
A very warm welcome to you.
We are currently on a weeks holiday in Los Gigantes which is my first visit to Tenerife in 35 years. I would say this was the perfect place for a Grenadier.
Currently missing mine and looking forward to getting home and fitting my M&M seat covers. Sad I know. 😊
Tenerife, this time round has certainly impressed me.

Local time
Reaction score
I would say this was the perfect place for a Grenadier.
Tenerife, this time round has certainly impressed me.
My first holiday trip here was 2009. Since then yearly excluding only Covid years. And moving here became a plan about 5-6 years ago. I have now studied Spanish for four years and read and write it well. Speaking needs still improving but now I'm on this intensive training :)

Saludos

Back
Top Bottom