The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Highest altimeter reading.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
Ok so as a follow up to how low can you go last month. This months competition is for how high can you fly with your Grenadier.

So post your pictures here of your Grenadiers altimeter. Highest reading wins.

The winner gets a particularly crappy mug t shirt combo.

If someone gets their Grenadier on a Hercules or similar heavy lift transport then I’ll stump up for the flight crew as well.

But only if you get photos ;)

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:17 PM
Reaction score
I’ll have to see if Mt. Washington is open for vehicle traffic….That’s the only way I’ll be able to compete…

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dang, I was 11k+ coming home through CO

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Going thru Franconia Notch in NH this morning

Attachments

• IMG_2606.jpeg
    IMG_2606.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll have to see if Mt. Washington is open for vehicle traffic….That’s the only way I’ll be able to compete…
"MA man last seen flying his vehicle across The Great Gulf Wilderness" Our SLC member has the best chance - southwest to Death Valley or southeast to Co Spgs/Pikes Peak. They start higher than we end.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:17 AM
Reaction score
Mine only got to 465m on the drive home from the agent today.
Now that screen works it got me thinking.
What about a max G force thread?
Or is that waving a tail in the mouth of the croc?

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:17 AM
Reaction score
Looks like a drive to Pikes Peak is in order. Someone in Colorado will beat me to it though.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
"The Mount Blue Sky (formerly Mount Evans) Scenic Byway climbs more than 7,000 feet in just 28 miles, reaching an altitude of 14,130 feet."

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Do not worry Pike Peak going to get hit with snow next week ; ), I am now looking at the Pass I have to drive over from Colorado Spring to Durango in the Grenadier when I pick it up next Friday. Not looking good for few of the pass on Friday. Even Monach Pass has snow coming in, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. If Purg get snow it mean even the easy road though Telluride and Ricco could be fun. Then who know they been forecasting big snow then it all goes away this year.

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 7.07.12 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-08 at 7.01.07 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-08 at 7.04.27 PM.png

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Color coded a couple of the route with passes you need to go though to from Colorado Springs back to Durango, note for Lizard Head you still need to go over Monarch Pass just the road is little nicer in Winter storm then Hwy 550. I threw in a few of the one way road you can hit in the summer to much higher altitude badges of honor. Pike Peak is variable in the winter depending on snow coming into Colorado. Some could go ski A-Basin and take the prize which puts you over Loveland Pass 11,922 feet, most us drive though Eisenhower tunnel instead taking the pass.

One these are all the paved roads, I have list few more for Gravel and Shelf roads ; )

So you have idea of where these passes are relative to Durango and Colorado Springs. Hwy 550 from Ouray to Silverton is alway fun in the Winter. Came back over it to weeks ago on Bluebird day - this was view for Molas pass - you can see the Grenadier Mountains. View attachment Grenadiers .jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 8.21.15 AM.jpg

1709948125412.png

Last edited:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
Mine only got to 465m on the drive home from the agent today.
Now that screen works it got me thinking.
What about a max G force thread?
Or is that waving a tail in the mouth of the croc?
Hey if you can get the photo then by all means.

Next month we can have the max inclination, and keep going. My personal favorite and a throw down challenge to the staff at IA, how low can you go with the fuel tank and not run out. But that’s for the future ;)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:17 AM
Reaction score
My personal favorite and a throw down challenge to the staff at IA, how low can you go with the fuel tank and not run out.
Hmmm...which end is the drain at?

Local time
5:17 PM
Reaction score
Being Australian most of these places I really have no idea about with the exception of Wolf Creek Pass thanks to C.W. McCall.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Being Australian most of these places I really have no idea about with the exception of Wolf Creek Pass thanks to C.W. McCall.
Hi NQ94 unfortunately, I've never been to the US, but I know this pass very well from listening to it. But not only that. Dick Curless also told me about the Hangsville Woods in Maine. ;)

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok so as a follow up to how low can you go last month. This months competition is for how high can you fly with your Grenadier.

So post your pictures here of your Grenadiers altimeter. Highest reading wins.

The winner gets a particularly crappy mug t shirt combo.

If someone gets their Grenadier on a Hercules or similar heavy lift transport then I’ll stump up for the flight crew as well.

But only if you get photos ;)
I'm going to have a chat to Space X

Back
Top Bottom