The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hi , side steps and keys .

Norgs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
I'm new just took delivery last month . have driven it to Byron and Dunedoo from Sydney and it drives superbly. it's a high car and really need steps - any thoughts or just go straight to the factory option ?
Secondly - when its dark its hard to see the key hole for the ignition - only a small first world issue but any thoughts ?
great to be a newbie here and I hope the questions are ok

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm new just took delivery last month . have driven it to Byron and Dunedoo from Sydney and it drives superbly. it's a high car and really need steps - any thoughts or just go straight to the factory option ?
Secondly - when its dark its hard to see the key hole for the ignition - only a small first world issue but any thoughts ?
Welcome to the forum! The factory steps are excellent! Very easy to install and more practical day to day than rock sliders, as well as being half the weight of the sliders. Re. the key hole... if you hold the fob between thumb and forefinger with the key blade against your finger, it becomes easier to find the hole and then slide the key home into the lock... seriously: practice with your eyes shut ;) (y)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:34 PM
Reaction score
Hey welcome to the forum.

The search function will bring you to several posts concerning rock sliders and side steps, from Ineos or other brands, see for instance here:

There was also a post on a "motorcycle" solution for the ignition hole, I don't remember where, but there was a fluorescent solution like this, you buy it on Amazon:
51KKVYhsXbL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Anyway, I use the solution of @DenisM

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:34 PM
Reaction score
I purchased side steps from Urban in England, they're great but lower, so great for getting in and out of the truck but maybe ground clearance issues if you're going to serious off road.

Attachments

• IMG_6382.jpg
    IMG_6382.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 34

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:34 PM
Reaction score
If you are feeling flush, need need a serious off-road solution for side steps, Buzz, Black sheep and LeTrech have expensive options. If road based, Zvakanaka’s option seems very nice.

Norgs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! The factory steps are excellent! Very easy to install and more practical day to day than rock sliders, as well as being half the weight of the sliders. Re. the key hole... if you hold the fob between thumb and forefinger with the key blade against your finger, it becomes easier to find the hole and then slide the key home into the lock... seriously: practice with your eyes shut ;) (y)
thanks man

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:34 AM
Reaction score
I think theres a good chance that this will be backlit in the next generation of Grenadier.

Back
Top Bottom