The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from the wet and windy west

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
Welcome TS! I'm sure the Grenadier will fit your needs well

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
5 seat utility, Donny grey but being swayed by magic mushroom, diffs and comfort pack. Not sure about side steps, maybe just wellies with bigger heels.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:23 AM
Reaction score
5 seat utility, Donny grey but being swayed by magic mushroom, diffs and comfort pack. Not sure about side steps, maybe just wellies with bigger heels.
Welcome...side steps and wellies...funny that, the day I had a test ride in the Grenadier here in OZ the ground was wet and the prototype side step had a plastic type insert that was supposed to be the grip for the step...failure.

Hoping they have righted that because I will be needing that feature...happy motoring

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:23 AM
Reaction score
Welcome...side steps and wellies...funny that, the day I had a test ride in the Grenadier here in OZ the ground was wet and the prototype side step had a plastic type insert that was supposed to be the grip for the step...failure.

Hoping they have righted that because I will be needing that feature...happy motoring
It was pouring when I had the test drive in Perth
I talked to the Ineos guys about my plan to get some black chequerplate welded onto the steps below to replace those plastic/rubber steps and to fill in the gap
I have concerns of small feet sliding between step and car and breaking a leg but also to stop mud and stones from hitting the panels

1668555371037.png

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:23 AM
Reaction score
I talked to the Ineos guys about my plan to get some black chequerplate welded onto the steps below to replace those plastic/rubber steps and to fill in the gap
I have concerns of small feet sliding between step and car and breaking a leg but also to stop mud and stones from hitting the panels

View attachment 7796130
With you all the way...I think I will stick with the steps and modify but interested in the rock sliders with a checker plate step welded in place, back and front which would solve the foot sliding between as you mentioned.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
With you all the way...I think I will stick with the steps and modify but interested in the rock sliders with a checker plate step welded in place, back and front which would solve the foot sliding between as you mentioned.
Justin Hocevar said you can't use the rocksliders as a step because they are too close to the body, so you would have to weld something onto them.
I stood on the sidestep and bounced up and down and they are damn solid.
I am of generous proportions

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7796130
Yes that gap is my concern, I had a step in my last Defender and it was no more than 20mm from the chassis. Looks like a trap for little legs, dog legs.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:23 AM
Reaction score

View attachment 7796130
Do you mean - remove the rubber (not sure why shoes/boots wouldn't grip on rubber) and in its place weld checker plate wider than the bar to reduce the gap to the body?

It would have to be done "nicely" or, in my view, could look odd

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:23 PM
Reaction score
Do you have a delivery date?
It is interesting how long one has to wait when order one now.

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you have a delivery date?
It is interesting how long one has to wait when order one now.
My order from June '22 has a delivery of Feb '23 and for the order from two weeks ago delivery should be May-June '23.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you mean - remove the rubber (not sure why shoes/boots wouldn't grip on rubber) and in its place weld checker plate wider than the bar to reduce the gap to the body?

It would have to be done "nicely" or, in my view, could look odd
Yes.
I agree it would have to be done professionally

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nailed it. I want the sliders, but either fading out a little at the top so you can get a decent foothold, or with a footpad added to the top below each door. Alternatively angle the side step up a bit so it doesn’t get trashed the first time it goes offroad.
Both options fail the multi purpose test in my view. I’m a bit torn on getting steps because I’ll need them so the granddaughter (or my folks) can get in, and I’m not sure the good aftermarket guys will be on board by then.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nailed it. I want the sliders, but either fading out a little at the top so you can get a decent foothold, or with a footpad added to the top below each door. Alternatively angle the side step up a bit so it doesn’t get trashed the first time it goes offroad.
Both options fail the multi purpose test in my view. I’m a bit torn on getting steps because I’ll need them so the granddaughter (or my folks) can get in, and I’m not sure the good aftermarket guys will be on board by then.
I didn't use the step to get into the front seat but had to use them to get into the back seat
The door opening is not big and you have to duck your head to get in.
Both myself and the gentleman getting into the other side rear seat had difficulty
Plenty of room once in though
Getting out definitely had to use the step as without it it would be around 450-500mm (estimate) to the ground but looks higher
I don't think an elderly person, or anyone not fully agile, would be able to get in or out easily.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't use the step to get into the front seat but had to use them to get into the back seat
The door opening is not big and you have to duck your head to get in.
Both myself and the gentleman getting into the other side rear seat had difficulty
Plenty of room once in though
Getting out definitely had to use the step as without it it would be around 450-500mm (estimate) to the ground but looks higher
I don't think an elderly person, or anyone not fully agile, would be able to get in or out easily.
Hmmmm
We had to sell the 320d and buy an X3 because the oldies couldn’t drop into it, and had no chance climbing up into my lifted 200. I suppose this will be a similar issue.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hmmmm
We had to sell the 320d and buy an X3 because the oldies couldn’t drop into it, and had no chance climbing up into my lifted 200. I suppose this will be a similar issue.
I mentioned this somewhere else on the forum
When I had my old Mazda BT50 I had to carry this little stool around for my wife's parents (70's and frail) to get in and out of the vehicle.
In addition to the side step.
They probably could have made it without it but the risk of a fall wasn't worth it.
There are no grab handles in the back or drivers area on the Grenadier either, making it more difficult.

1668636439201.png1668636481607.png

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I mentioned this somewhere else on the forum
When I had my old Mazda BT50 I had to carry this little stool around for my wife's parents (70's and frail) to get in and out of the vehicle.
In addition to the side step.
They probably could have made it without it but the risk of a fall wasn't worth it.
There are no grab handles in the back or drivers area on the Grenadier either, making it more difficult.

View attachment 7796170View attachment 7796171
Where’d you get the little tonka truck Dave?

Back
Top Bottom