The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from the wet and windy west

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:38 AM
Reaction score
There are no grab handles in the back or drivers area on the Grenadier either
Are there? I'm not sure but if I'm not mistaken there were handles on the PTO2 for the front seat ...

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
Yes that's what I did but then the steering wheel moves.
You get used to it though.
I can not wait just to get used to everything about my B57 [Grenadier] and me being able to live up to its purpose...sometimes your heart will stop you from taking a machine to its full potential...I think at my age now that's a good thing...happy motoring

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
I can not wait just to get used to everything about my B57 [Grenadier] and me being able to live up to its purpose...sometimes your heart will stop you from taking a machine to its full potential...I think at my age now that's a good thing...happy motoring

Early days, I did a 4x4 course around the Anglesea providing ground in Vic.

I remember we went to the bottom of what is called "OH SHIT HILL"

The instructor said to trust the machine (120 Toyota Prado at the time), and said that the driver usually gives up before the car will.
Well obviously going on the course with a bunch of mates that day, none of us were going to be the one who pulled out, no matter how brown our pants were.

Reactions: Max

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score

The instructor said to trust the machine (120 Toyota Prado at the time), and said that the driver usually gives up before the car will.
Well obviously going on the course with a bunch of mates that day, none of us were going to be the one who pulled out, no matter how brown our pants were.
I was on Fraser Island going from Waddy Point south and the Goat track had a rollover on it so I decided to go over the rock face... I paced it out with no problems in sight except the ground angle at the top...my wife was now lying head down on my lap with her feet on her door...the car a G60 Nissan or Datsun back then, didn't miss a beat but my heart did...happy motoring

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:38 PM
Reaction score

When I joined the Toyota Landcruiser club in Sydney about 40 years ago there was a compulsory 2 day training course in Dural (I think)
On the Saturday morning it took us about 4 hours to drive down this pretty steep and rocky track
On the Sunday it took us 1 hour.

Back
Top Bottom