The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Cairns

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:23 PM
Reaction score
It’s the date of the revolution in Germany.
In 1871 Germany won the war against against France.

But there has never been really something like a revolution in Germany. Lenin himself once said: "When these Germans want to storm a train station, they first buy a platform ticket."

I'm afraid, he was right.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:23 PM
Reaction score
> Heated dark surfaces in the interior in particular contribute significantly to the heating - more than the vehicle paintwork itself.

That's what I have been preaching since 1871.
Agreed. Especially matt black finished surfaces...same goes for matt black versus gloss black paint...one absorbs, the other reflects. Living in and traveling Australia, the steering wheel can be red hot...I have gone for the saddle leather, and an aluminum foil sun visor for the inside of the windscreen when parked. They work a treat.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:23 AM
Reaction score
Agreed. Especially matt black finished surfaces...same goes for matt black versus gloss black paint...one absorbs, the other reflects. Living in and traveling Australia, the steering wheel can be red hot...I have gone for the saddle leather, and an aluminum foil sun visor for the inside of the windscreen when parked. They work a treat.
I have the windscreen cover sitting on the back seat of my car all the time as it makes a huge difference when parked in direct sun. 20 degrees cooler as a guess

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good Day Team Cairns,

Got a call today from Cairns dealer saying they have a demo car for viewing only. Not drivable but exciting to get another look without the crowds. It's located next door to Westco Volkswagen.

BTW - He mentioned a production car becoming available April/May. Fingers crossed 🤞

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I went and had a look today. You can actually crawl underneath on those nice clean tiles without getting dirty. Looks pretty spectacular in the show room.

Awesome, I'm looking forward to the visit. Haven't seen a clean and polished version yet. Will drum up support and take the village along 😃

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have any Cairns locals on this Forum received their Grenadier yet?

I was told be WestCo that 3 have already gone out and they're working on their 4th now. 😍

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just had my first real life experience with magic mushroom.. wow what a great colour.

Great news for Cairns locals, that we now have a demo available for test drives.

20230908_163849.jpg

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Any other Cairns folks on here already receive their Grenadier from WestCo?

Reactions: aj

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Any other Cairns folks on here already receive their Grenadier from WestCo?
Not me mate as I'm in Townsville but just heard today, look like moving to Cairns early next year, bringing our Grenadier with us.

Reactions: Max

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is waiting for me at Westco. Have been overseas for the last month, it arrived just before I left. Vehicle had to go through the check process, didn’t even get to see it. Gave them a call a few days ago to see how things were going. They told me it now has a cracked windscreen which needs to be replaced (Westco have one in stock) they just waiting for Ineos authorisation. Made my final payment over a week ago, called Ineos today, they said it is still showing “pending”. Anyway looks like I am still in the D2 for a bit longer.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not me mate as I'm in Townsville but just heard today, look like moving to Cairns early next year, bringing our Grenadier with us.
That's great news mate, I'm loving living up in Cairns since the move from Sydney last year. Looking forward to meeting you and your beast over a few local Grenadier meetups. Let me know if you need any help with settling into Cairns.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One less SW Grenadier in Townsville...
Although from what Christian has been saying they seem to have sold a few here.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is waiting for me at Westco. Have been overseas for the last month, it arrived just before I left. Vehicle had to go through the check process, didn’t even get to see it. Gave them a call a few days ago to see how things were going. They told me it now has a cracked windscreen which needs to be replaced (Westco have one in stock) they just waiting for Ineos authorisation. Made my final payment over a week ago, called Ineos today, they said it is still showing “pending”. Anyway looks like I am still in the D2 for a bit longer.
A cracked windscreen before taking delivery is unfortunate, sorry to hear Dave. I'll be heading on a cruise next week which pretty much coincides with delivery. Our Grenadiers will be keeping each other company and hopefully having any accessories ordered fitted. It didn't sound like they had or knew what stock they had, hopefully a few extra weeks will help. Looking forward to introducing Cairns to a few more MM and seeing you on the road. Hopefully not too long for you mate

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A cracked windscreen before taking delivery is unfortunate, sorry to hear Dave. I'll be heading on a cruise next week which pretty much coincides with delivery. Our Grenadiers will be keeping each other company and hopefully having any accessories ordered fitted. It didn't sound like they had or knew what stock they had, hopefully a few extra weeks will help. Looking forward to introducing Cairns to a few more MM and seeing you on the road. Hopefully not too long for you mate
Did you pass me on the Cook highway at Aeroglen the other day in a MM with red chassis? I was north bound and turning into the airport.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did you pass me on the Cook highway at Aeroglen the other day in a MM with red chassis? I was north bound and turning into the airport.
Yes that would have been my mine, red chassis trying best to keep clean. It was most likely my wife driving if she didn't acknowledge or do the Grenadier wave 👋 hahaha. Let's grab a beer soon.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
That's great news mate, I'm loving living up in Cairns since the move from Sydney last year. Looking forward to meeting you and your beast over a few local Grenadier meetups. Let me know if you need any help with settling into Cairns.
At this stage we are fine ... have purchased a property at Clifton Beach ... no damage from JaSPER

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
At this stage we are fine ... have purchased a property at Clifton Beach ... no damage from JaSPER
That's great news and a nice spot in FNQ. Location location location, easy and assessable to everything close by. Where is the first place you plan on taking your Grenadier once you're here?

I've just done my first shakedown sleep in the car... Loving every moment and can't wait for more.

20240106_155737.jpg
20240106_181348.jpg

Btw.. any tips on how to deter March flies? 😁😭

Attachments

• VID-20240107-WA0009.mp4
    2.8 MB
Back
Top Bottom