The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Have you ever owned a Land Rover?

Have you ever owned a LR Product? (cast your vote)

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
I have had a few over the years:

24V FFR lightweight air-portable
Series IIA SWB
Defender 90 County
Defender 110
Defender 90 with big lift and lots of off road mods (horrible looking but I liked it)
Lastly a lovely X-Tech limited Edition 90 which I sold to get the IG.

LR_in_Brecon.jpg

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
IMG_3340.jpeg
A 110 SW TD5 from 2003
Since I have a driving license I attended the LR Experience Tour Events. The Defender was always my dream. 2008 I bought this one which has been for sale together with a 130 double cab and a 90. all in red with white roof. This one has been placed by the used car dealer directly by the driveway to my office.
It has been like „this is for you and you will be doomed if you don’t act now!“
My wife said „buy it and promise me that you will not look after a new used car every second week as you did the last three years“
I kept my promise for 13 years. Than the Grenadier arrived 😀

Alprider

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
How many of you have ever owned a Land Rover product? It can be a 1948 Series I, a 2023 Range Rover Evoque, or anything inbetween. Please answer yes or no and, if you would like to share which models you have owned, please share in the comments.
1989 Defender 110 V8 Ex MOD soft top.

Reactions: Max

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have two Series 2A, but neither were or are daily transport.

Where I live in Queensland they have become very fashionable with weekend warriors, the mechanics restored but leaving bodywork untouched but with a clear lacquer to preserve it!
As nearly every Australian farm had a Land Rover in the 60's literally hundreds survive, this one came from an arable farm (my brother-in-laws) and is the one in the avatar. My other one is a very late 2A wide light from a pastoral property so everything held together with fencing wire!chassis.jpeg

trailer.jpg

alana

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How many of you have ever owned a Land Rover product? It can be a 1948 Series I, a 2023 Range Rover Evoque, or anything inbetween. Please answer yes or no and, if you would like to share which models you have owned, please share in the comments.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:12 PM
Reaction score
Ugh? If 2/3 of the people buying these are former LR owners, that isn't a huge demo- or this forum has a skewed population?

Local time
Reaction score
Starting in the 1970s:
1960 Land Rover series IIA; 1986 Ranger Rover (daughter was in highway black ice, 12 car accident, but the Rover died to save her life); 1988 Range Rover, 2007 LR3.
The Land Rover Series IIA's electrics were a Lucas science project. Ended up replacing everything electrical, including the generator twice (1st replacement was DOA in the box) before I converted it to a modern alternator. It could be crank started with a crank that stored behind the driver's seat. Helpful one winter when the starter died and I had to crank start it every time it stalled in the damp.... did I mention the parking brake on the IIAs was a drum brake on the drive shaft behind the tranny, and tranny rear seals always leaked, and the parking brake never held, so when it stalled in the rain, you had to jump out, get the crank from behind the seat and jog along in front of the truck while you crank started it, and then run back to the driver's door, store the crank and jump in....
(Do you know why the British drink warm beer? They have Lucas refrigerators).
But we loved that truck and had many happy times driving on the beach to fish or duck hunt until the steel frame finally rusted through and we had to say goodbye.
Wife and I are looking forward to old school Grenadier (but no crank start, sigh).

Attachments

• Alison's green range rover.jpg
    Alison's green range rover.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Land-Rover-at-Dike-Bridge-MV.jpg
    Land-Rover-at-Dike-Bridge-MV.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 8

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Starting in the 1970s:
1960 Land Rover series IIA; 1986 Ranger Rover (daughter was in highway black ice, 12 car accident, but the Rover died to save her life); 1988 Range Rover, 2007 LR3.
The Land Rover Series IIA's electrics were a Lucas science project. Ended up replacing everything electrical, including the generator twice (1st replacement was DOA in the box) before I converted it to a modern alternator. It could be crank started with a crank that stored behind the driver's seat. Helpful one winter when the starter died and I had to crank start it every time it stalled in the damp.... did I mention the parking brake on the IIAs was a drum brake on the drive shaft behind the tranny, and tranny rear seals always leaked, and the parking brake never held, so when it stalled in the rain, you had to jump out, get the crank from behind the seat and jog along in front of the truck while you crank started it, and then run back to the driver's door, store the crank and jump in....
(Do you know why the British drink warm beer? They have Lucas refrigerators).
But we loved that truck and had many happy times driving on the beach to fish or duck hunt until the steel frame finally rusted through and we had to say goodbye.
Wife and I are looking forward to old school Grenadier (but no crank start, sigh).
Gotta love a RRC. I love the color too!

What series truck is that? You mention a 60, which would have just been a II (not IIa) but they had their lights inboard of the wings.

Reactions: Max

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:12 PM
Reaction score
2023 Defender 110. Best car I’ve ever owned!
Hi Donny, I also own a New Defender, purchased it new in 2020. Like you, best damm vehicle I have ever owned by 200%!
If the New Grenadier lives up to 100%, I will be a happy camper. DaBull

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Since 1998 a Defender TDI 90 Soft Top. Now 485.000 km. Only few original parts.

Shale Rider

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Range Rover Mk1 (Damn should have kept tit!)
Mk 2 Disco (so expensive to maintain wasn't designed for road use!)
Land Rover 90 pick up 1998
Land Rover 110 (Bright Yellow)
Land Rover 110 double cab (Immaculate stolen off the driveway broke into the house to get keys)
Land Rover 110 double cab (Immaculate had all doors stolen despite being behind electric gates- Broke into house to get keys but failed £10,000 worth of repairs)
Land Rover Freelander 2 (Nice little car - so light to drive)
Ranger Rover Sport (written off after being hit by drunk driver)
Range Rover Sport
Monster 6" lifted Land Rover 110 ( aka The beast)
Range Rover P38 HSE (2002)
New defender 110 (Nice car but a Range Rover in all but name)

So quite a few really!

Flewks

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Over the years, in order:
Series 3 109 Safari 6 cylinder - South Africa spec - Bought new 1983
Discovery 2 300TDI 1994 - bought new
110 2.5 Diesel N/A - Ex military 12 seater
Discovery TD5 - 2000
Range Rover TDV8
Series 2 88 Station Wagon 1964
All now sold

Vision4X

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
no

RobP

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
2023.5 Defender 110 X-Dynamic
Ordered my Grenadier and Defender around the same time in 2022 knowing the Defender would arrive first. A much as I love the Defender, I'm planning to sell it when the Grenadier arrives.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:12 PM
Reaction score
2023.5 Defender 110 X-Dynamic
Ordered my Grenadier and Defender around the same time in 2022 knowing the Defender would arrive first. A much as I love the Defender, I'm planning to sell it when the Grenadier arrives.
Hi RobP, My experience with my 2020 New 110 P400 Defender has been nothing except pure joy. Best vehicle I have ever owned. Going to be selling it too once I take delivery of my new Grenadier. Time for a new adventure. DaBull

Back
Top Bottom