The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Handsfree poor

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:09 PM
Reaction score
But was that just a volume issue for them with you, or has it addressed other issues like noise/interference?
It was only volume at the receiver’s end.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Receivers cannot hear incoming calls ; I'm using a Samsung S21 Android phone with a cable.
Did a forum search but can't find a solution .
Any answers?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Receivers cannot hear incoming calls ; I'm using a Samsung S21 Android phone with a cable.
Any answers?
Is there a microphone in the vehicle?
Or for Android does it use the phone microphone ?
If so where is your phone physically located?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Is there a microphone in the vehicle?
Or for Android does it use the phone microphone ?
If so where is your phone physically located?
It's located on the console lid connected via USB.
The other answers I don't know. Manual no use and I've played with phone settings.
I hate software.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any answers?
Ottocast A2 Airpro wifi adapter into the USB C port to Samsung android rather than a phone cable. Crystal clear calls (y)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Ottocast A2 Airpro wifi adapter into the USB C port to Samsung android rather than a phone cable. Crystal clear calls (y)
I bought a bluetooth dongle but I can't even get the phone to stay connected to the head unit for more than a minute. It's the head unit problem.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Have you tried it with both Bluetooth and WiFi enabled?
yes , and so has my wife with her phone - and she's an expert at these sorts of things!
So I know it's the head unit. It was a problem at the agents but I think they just wanted me to get the car in some sort of working order, until they'd got better at sorting the software updates. Anyway , a bit annoying but whatever. I'm not crying in my beer over it.

Local time
10:09 AM
Reaction score
Yes. Exactly the same problem. Seems the microphone picks up too much background noise especially at speed with ATTs. I assume this is a microphone problem not software?
Yes i have the same as well. Not sure its software

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I tried it on a demo car this weekend. Bluetooth to an android phone.
Wife said it sounded great on her end when I called her.
Different situations. Try it at 65mph with ATTs. ;) Those receiving the phone call liken it to hearing a noise akin to all the windows in the car being open...

Last edited:

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether the upcoming software patch may add a noise cancelling function?
Extremely unlikely. That requires fairly specific processing, and that would usually be hardware designed for it thatd have to be added, or else a pretty grunty general processor, which isnt in most cars, and definitely not this one.
however the car is impressively quiet for what it is - if youre having big issues you might prefer not to pair, and to use air-pods or similar with cancelling and directional mics.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Extremely unlikely. That requires fairly specific processing, and that would usually be hardware designed for it thatd have to be added, or else a pretty grunty general processor, which isnt in most cars, and definitely not this one.
however the car is impressively quiet for what it is - if youre having big issues you might prefer not to pair, and to use air-pods or similar with cancelling and directional mics.
The phone reception while driving is actually very good in my experience. The problem is apparently with those with whom I have been conversing. They "know" I'm driving because of the ambient noise transmitted from the vehicle...as described by my daughter yesterday "Are you driving with the windows down (open).. ?" Such was the ambient "roar".
I'm wondering where the microphone is located in the vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom