The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Handsfree poor

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:47 AM
Reaction score
Hi
Is anyone else's handsfree calling a bit poor. Customers are struggling to hear me.
Are you using AA/Car Play or is it when just on paired Bluetooth?

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi
Is anyone else's handsfree calling a bit poor. Customers are struggling to hear me.
Mine is OK. Not brilliant, but OK.

Are you Gav by any chance? If yes, you tuned an Iveco horse box for me 20 years ago! Small world

BAS-Remaps

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Im told that they can hear alternator type noise when im on a call, My side i hear them perfectly.

I need to try and work out if its when car play is active or only when on bluetooth.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Im told that they can hear alternator type noise when im on a call, My side i hear them perfectly.

I need to try and work out if its when car play is active or only when on bluetooth.
Try a different phone, android, first to eliminate the phone. And if you also know someone with an iPhone try that as well. If they are OK then look to the vehicle.

BAS-Remaps

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Try a different phone, android, first to eliminate the phone. And if you also know someone with an iPhone try that as well. If they are OK then look to the vehicle.
Its the same on all phones I tried sadly :( the only think ive not tried it without car play active.

I may try putting a supressor on the alternator my self.

Attachments

• 71urKHJ0t9L._AC_SX679_.jpg
    71urKHJ0t9L._AC_SX679_.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: PBD

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Its the same on all phones I tried sadly :( the only think ive not tried it without car play active.

I may try putting a supressor on the alternator my self.

I'd be surprised if it was the alternator impacting on a modern phone, I'd put my money on the car microphone rather than software especially if the radio and other audio volumes are OK.
A daft question but you haven't got anything muffling the mic?

Reactions: PBD

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Where is the mic on the grenadier? I had an issue on my Valtra with the mic being right next to an AC outlet, this made a bad wind noise until i closed that outlet.

AWo

Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
Electrical equipment in a car has to go through tough tests regarding EMV and radio stuff. This is regulatrd in the UN ECE R10 and CISPR 25 (radio and sound system) is part of that. The basic automotive level is three, military is five.

These tests are necessary, especially with electronic safety devices and functions, that no device harms another.

I assume that end consumer audio devices not mounted or connected to a car won't have to pass these tests. So I would point to the earphones, mobile phone, etc.

Or are they part of the system?

AWo

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No issues at all! My iPhone is connected via CarPlay and the connection is very good in both directions!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did I read elsewhere that Apple allows wireless connection for their verson of Appleplay, and for Android auto requires wired connection for both to work respectively? ..... or was that the Utes I'm looking at recently!!!???

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did I read elsewhere that Apple allows wireless connection for their verson of Appleplay, and for Android auto requires wired connection for both to work respectively? ..... or was that the Utes I'm looking at recently!!!???
See Post #86.

Ice2k23_UW

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Poor quality on the receivers side here. I can hear them very well, but my wife always complains she cannot hear me well. Still have to check it out and hear it for myself. Regards, R., iPhone 14 Pro connected with Wireless CarPlay.

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same issue here, audio is good for me but poor for the other end - also using Android Auto but have the same issue on Bluetooth only

It's not the phone or Android Auto because it works fine in other cars

I also noticed that if you are in the car with the ignition off but listening to the radio for instance and the phone rings it connects fine but the caller can't hear anything - seems the mic is disconnected when ignition is off - be good if someone else could test that?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How loud is the Gren inside? I know my old Triton suffered from high road noise and that affected my handsfree kit badly. But the same kit in the old Mazda 3 worked perfectly fine add the cabin was allot 10dB less!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same issue here, audio is good for me but poor for the other end - also using Android Auto but have the same issue on Bluetooth only
Same for me. Tried several different phones on Bluetooth and one phone via Android Auto. Results are always the same ~ poor reception for other party with various noises being described as electrical/electronic.

Back
Top Bottom