The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Handsfree poor

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
Same for me. Tried several different phones on Bluetooth and one phone via Android Auto. Results are always the same ~ poor reception for other party with various noises being described as electrical/electronic.
Any idea where the cabin mic is for the phone?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Poor quality on the receivers side here. I can hear them very well, but my wife always complains she cannot hear me well. Still have to check it out and hear it for myself. Regards, R., iPhone 14 Pro connected with Wireless CarPlay.
+1

Reactions: Ari

Jameo6822

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same issue with me, using different phones, FaceTime audio what’s app audio and usual phone. All good my side but so bad I have callers terminating call and asking to call back when stopped driving.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same issue with me, using different phones, FaceTime audio what’s app audio and usual phone. All good my side but so bad I have callers terminating call and asking to call back when stopped driving.
Isn't there a setting in the informant screen to adjust the input volume? I'm sure I saw something in the manual in settings vehicle, audio, input volume

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
I have had that happen but only once or twice in many calls. Never found out what it was down to. Using an iPhone in a holder via CarPlay.
I have that happen all the time in my current vehicle as mobile coverage is one bar or less in my area.
I have two phones, work (Telstra) and personal (Optus) and lucky if I get 2 bars of coverage in some areas but mostly 1 bar or zero.
I have been using Starlink at home for last 3 months and it is fantastic.
I am thinking about getting it for my vehicle as well.
1689888471567.png1689888639028.png

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I thought the one on the left was when you call for help and the one on the right was for voice activation of the exterior lights.
🤷

@McPharmer II did you notice any detail or markings noted on the mic plugs when you dropped the overhead panel?

Attachments

• 7805709-6e5c40df8e25ccdce51e8284cf9eb04c.jpg
    7805709-6e5c40df8e25ccdce51e8284cf9eb04c.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20230710_195145.jpg
    IMG_20230710_195145.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 89

McPharmer II

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:35 AM
Reaction score
No not really. Perhaps the black rectangles next to the SOS-button are mics, but i didn´t checked this.
Here´s a pic just without the cover.

Attachments

• 20230620_091744.jpg
    20230620_091744.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 80

Jameo6822

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't there a setting in the informant screen to adjust the input volume? I'm sure I saw something in the manual in settings vehicle, audio, input volume
Yeah tried that this morning still no better, still a meteoric interface noise at the other side. There is definitely a proble, hopefully IG find the solution

Shale Rider

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I had the same issues with bad reception -calls were great initially and lost it within 30 to 60 seconds but tracked it to Apple Carplay

If you disconnect Apple carplay on your phone (on iPhone its Settings/General/CarPlay) and toggle the switch to off for the Grenadier it should solve the problem

The car Connects by bluetooth anyway so audio and phone work fine but if you use CarPlay at all or its on, on your phone, it somehow screws up the phone signal. I did it and since then I have had perfect reception that does not drop out at all and no one has said there is a background noise issue.

Please try it if you have issues it worked for me so you don't get car play with whatsapp etc and SatNav is on the phone rather than the screen but its been well worth it

Lion Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same issue here, audio is good for me but poor for the other end - also using Android Auto but have the same issue on Bluetooth only

It's not the phone or Android Auto because it works fine in other cars

I also noticed that if you are in the car with the ignition off but listening to the radio for instance and the phone rings it connects fine but the caller can't hear anything - seems the mic is disconnected when ignition is off - be good if someone else could test that?
Had the same issue today trying to figure it out

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After I switched from AppleCarplay to the Bluetooth only connection people can now hear me better.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Try turning up the volume knob whilst you’re speaking. It worked for us. No issues with being heard at the other end now.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Try turning up the volume knob whilst you’re speaking. It worked for us. No issues with being heard at the other end now.
But was that just a volume issue for them with you, or has it addressed other issues like noise/interference?

Back
Top Bottom