The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Handles

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:07 AM
Reaction score
All this talk about the handle surronds unbelted drrivers. So wear a seatbelt, problem solved. we have to anyway. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Anyway, if anyone seriously does want one and cant get it direct themselves. I am happy to ask the dealer about ordering some and to see what postage would cost for you. Obviously Ineos stuff aint cheap, and ordering and then OS postage aint quick
This unbelted testing seems to be US centric and may be because of the propensity of non seat belt wearing population.
This type of testing is not performed in Australia and from what I can see the EU.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
All this talk about the handle surronds unbelted drrivers. So wear a seatbelt, problem solved. we have to anyway. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Anyway, if anyone seriously does want one and cant get it direct themselves. I am happy to ask the dealer about ordering some and to see what postage would cost for you. Obviously Ineos stuff aint cheap, and ordering and then OS postage aint quick
You have to remember that here in the States people sue over anything and everything. We live in a society where thieves sue homeowners if they're injured while breaking in, so we must assume the lowest levels of intelligence by the general public as possible.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@MrMike I'm not kidding! Here's five stories I quickly found where burglars have sued their victims.

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:07 PM
Reaction score
You have to remember that here in the States people sue over anything and everything. We live in a society where thieves sue homeowners if they're injured while breaking in, so we must assume to lowest levels of intelligence by the general public as possible.
US is not alone, It is a sad sorry state of affairs in most of the developed world. There is just different areas where stupity reigns. Politicians ruin everything. (We need take the warning labels off stuff and let the problem sort itself out #meme)

As for handles, Ineos did not provide the drivers side one anywhere and we cant know Ineos' reasoning unless they openly state it. Which they won't. So like everything else we change with the car, happy to try and help folks correct the Ineos oversight if they're serious. Its the advantage of an independent and international forum.

We are the ones they actually made it for, its our car.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:07 AM
Reaction score
@MrMike I'm not kidding! Here's five stories I quickly found where burglars have sued their victims.

What a crazy litigious world you live in 😳
I can say that would happen in Australia ( number 1) , just a manslaughter charge, possible suspended sentence depending on the circumstances.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:07 AM
Reaction score
This I believe is the crux of why there is no handle on the DS. The difference between size and location of the front airbags on DS and PS.
This doesn't make sense to me. I would agree if the driver's airbag was larger. But to me, a smaller airbag on the driver side does not seem to be bigger risk than a bigger one - which seems to be the case on the passenger side. 🤷‍♂️

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:07 AM
Reaction score

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
US is not alone, It is a sad sorry state of affairs in most of the developed world. There is just different areas where stupity reigns. Politicians ruin everything. (We need take the warning labels off stuff and let the problem sort itself out #meme)

As for handles, Ineos did not provide the drivers side one anywhere and we cant know Ineos' reasoning unless they openly state it. Which they won't. So like everything else we change with the car, happy to try and help folks correct the Ineos oversight if they're serious. Its the advantage of an independent and international forum.

We are the ones they actually made it for, its our car.

There are car manufacturers that do not put the driver side overhead handle on either. Ineos surely isn't the only one.

Back
Top Bottom