The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Handles

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
I'd be ok with just using the steering wheel, its locked anyway.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:35 AM
Reaction score
I have asked IA to put this together as a kit that they can offer. The same with the rear handles that were on the PTO vehicles.

Fingers crossed someone does this, I’d definitely be interested.
Hi Stu , I am hoping you are successful in getting Ineos to put together a reasonably priced kit for both the drivers door and options for the 2 rear doors too. My 2020 New Defender has the rear door handles that look similar to the front pasenger handles in the Grenadier. They are so helpful for anyone climbing in and out of the vehicle. DaBull

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
I would be in as well

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score

Hi TNT, you may find more information in this thread

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It has come to my attention that US dealers will not make opposite grab handle parts available (ie, in NA we cannot order the driver/left side handle and bits). They will not be stocked in-country because it's a part that LHD Grenadiers do not actually have. So, if that's the goal you might have to source internationally or hope that aftermarket comes through.

Inez

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I was wondering, could we not just turn over the passenger side handle and mount it upside down on drivers side? Don't have a Grenadier to observe...

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was wondering, could we not just turn over the passenger side handle and mount it upside down on drivers side? Don't have a Grenadier to observe...
The trim itself is different side to side

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I had a 2024 Defender 110 rental and it had no A-pillar handle. It had one at the top of the door opening, but it is useless. I found the easiest way to get in is duck your head and with a bit of momentum, heave yourself up and in. For reference, I’m an athletic 5’8” late mid-30s male.

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:35 PM
Reaction score
Lets just tee up a swap, someone in US buy 1 and someone (me 🤔) buy 1 in Aus. Then we post.

Companies may like boarders, but the internet dont work like that

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Lets just tee up a swap, someone in US buy 1 and someone (me 🤔) buy 1 in Aus. Then we post.

Companies may like boarders, but the internet dont work like that
I would be in but are other countries restricted from purchasing driver side handle Like US?

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For euro-spec turn signals and shit that’s not homologated for the local market, I understand a manufacturer not making these available. I’m not sure I understand the same treatment for a simple grab handle. A short person (like my wife) is at a serious disadvantage in this vehicle as reaching the steering wheel or upper roof-line handle is a challenge. The four-door pillar-grab gives the shorter folks a lower and more visible target. It also provides options for getting out or just holding on when things get rowdy.

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:35 PM
Reaction score
I would be in but are other countries restricted from purchasing driver side handle Like US?
No idea, I have not tried to purchase. It may just be a case of thats a part we dont stock, but could order? (If we wanted to)

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No idea, I have not tried to purchase. It may just be a case of thats a part we dont stock, but could order? (If we wanted to)
If I can order a bullbar from Australia, I'm sure someone could order some interior trim. Just takes a couple emails to find a willing dealer. Because it's a replacement part rather than an accessory they're less likely to have it in stock but worth a go if you really want/need the handle.

Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7841626
I would like to add this handle to the driver side. Has anyone done this? I could,nt find an existing thread…
Ineos did not add a grab handle on the drivers side due to Passive safety issues (There would have been a non Homologation issue and Ineos would not have been able to sell the vehicle). Please do not add this Handle to the drivers side as behind the A Pillar on the drivers side is an Air Bag. During a crash if the Airbag got deployed that crab Handle could become very dangerous and you would not be covered from an Insurance/warranty point.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:35 AM
Reaction score
Ineos did not add a grab handle on the drivers side due to Passive safety issues (There would have been a non Homologation issue and Ineos would not have been able to sell the vehicle). Please do not add this Handle to the drivers side as behind the A Pillar on the drivers side is an Air Bag. During a crash if the Airbag got deployed that crab Handle could become very dangerous and you would not be covered from an Insurance/warranty point.
Thanks for taking the time to post on the forum.
The photo below from @ChaosDogg shows the airbags on both door pillars. Surely if what you are saying is correct then there shouldn’t be any handles fitted to the door pillars ? From memory his is a RHD.

IMG_1636.png

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wouldn’t the passenger handle be just as dangerous to the passenger as there is a passenger airbag as well? are u making stuff up?

Back
Top Bottom