The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Handles

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
If you can't tell the difference between the drivers side and the passenger side of a car, perhaps you shouldn't be driving?

Because of the steering wheel and size/location of the airbag - unbelted drivers go much further towards the windshield than an unbelted passenger.

To my understanding, this is why there is no drivers side handle.
Source:
View: https://youtu.be/Vdt1ORLyoFw?si=_8J9I5D4P3tr3CNi

1000012125.png1000012126.png

Last edited:

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well…Toyota 4Runner and other vehicle manufacturers have driver side assist handles, i guest Toyota has figured it out but INEOS hasn’t…due to safety concerns? Doesn’t make sense. Reasoning for lack of driver side assist handle on Grenadier is pure conjecture. I’m not asking for a free handle, I’ll pay for It.
IMG_0165.jpeg

Last edited:

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you can't tell the difference between the drivers side and the passenger side of a car, perhaps you shouldn't be driving?
What kind of comment is that? Like i said, if other manufacturers have figured it out , clearly it’s not a safety thing…so your post is pure conjecture.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What kind of comment is that? Like i said, if other manufacturers have figured it out , clearly it’s not a safety thing…so your post is pure conjecture.

Actually my post is based on a conversation I had with folks at Ineos.

Quit acting like a clown.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
Relax. Different cars have different seating positions, build materials, crumple zones, airbag layouts in the pillar, and hundreds of other factors which might determine the safety of a handle. It's not for us to decide. Toyota also figured out electronic moonroofs and cupholder quantity but that doesn't mean they're right for the Ineos.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well…Toyota 4Runner and other vehicle manufacturers have driver side assist handles, i guest Toyota has figured it out but INEOS hasn’t…due to safety concerns?

Again, if you can't tell the difference between a 4runner and a Grenadier, and possibly conjecture that a human body flying through one of them might behave differently than the other, I'm really not sure what to tell you.

I'm sorry that in your overly simplified worldview, the construction and interior of a 4runner and that of a Grenadier are equivalent, but you are simply wrong. Ineos determined that they would fail a crash test with the drivers side handle and did not include it. You've been told this first hand from an engineer at Ineos, and accused him of making things up. I've provided you with photos and videos to illustrate the reasoning - based on what I was told by an Ineos employee in the know, and you've told me I'm making things up.

I'm really not clear what else you are looking for.

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Actually my post is based on a conversation I had with folks at Ineos.

Quit acting like a clown.
not trying to be funny, i just want a driver side handle and now u call me a clown? moving on...

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Again, if you can't tell the difference between a 4runner and a Grenadier, and possibly conjecture that a human body flying through one of them might behave differently than the other, I'm really not sure what to tell you.

I'm sorry that in your overly simplified worldview, the construction and interior of a 4runner and that of a Grenadier are equivalent, but you are simply wrong. Ineos determined that they would fail a crash test with the drivers side handle and did not include it. You've been told this first hand from an engineer at Ineos, and accused him of making things up. I've provided you with photos and videos to illustrate the reasoning - based on what I was told by an Ineos employee in the know, and you've told me I'm making things up.

I'm really not clear what else you are looking for.
if u re-read his post, he said that the air bag on the a pillar was an issue when it deploys,...this positioned is not settled. there are other post/threads on this same topic that states the airbag was not an issue. so my ask is valid, are you making this up? then u started the personal insults...with regards to not understanding driver vs passenger side then now with my simple world view. as i said, if other manufacturers have figure how to solve this issue, its reasonable to expect Ineos to solve this as well..

if the OP was insultled, i will aplogize to the OP, mano a mano. But Adam, you on the other hand, are just just hating me without being slighted by me.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score
What’s the difference between the passenger and driver that the handle makes a difference? Are you saying Ineos don’t care about the passenger safety?

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
if u re-read his post, he said that the air bag on the a pillar was an issue when it deploys,...this positioned is not settled. there are other post/threads on this same topic that states the airbag was not an issue. so my ask is valid, are you making this up? then u started the personal insults...with regards to not understanding driver vs passenger side then now with my simple world view. as i said, if other manufacturers have figure how to solve this issue, its reasonable to expect Ineos to solve this as well..

if the OP was insultled, i will aplogize to the OP, mano a mano. But Adam, you on the other hand, are just just hating me without being slighted by me.

Your tone to anyone responding to this thread has been dismissive and accusatory - while your points fails to take into consideration design differences between the vehicles you are comparing. Your analysis is overly reductive and over simplifications like "if toytota can figure it out, why can't ineos" don't exactly convey that you have applied any critical thought to the issues, or taken into consideration what you are being told.

This style of response is, in and of itself - insulting to those you are conversing with.

You seem to have already decided that this was a cost savings measure, and have been told it was due to passive safety.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What’s the difference between the passenger and driver that the handle makes a difference? Are you saying Ineos don’t care about the passenger safety?

The steering wheel and thus the size, location, deployment, etc. of airbags is different.

So, even when seated in the same place, the driver and passenger are going to move differently in the vehicle. Obviously with the passenger airbags where they are, Ineos was able to pass FMVSS with the passenger grab handle.

Yes - he is clearly saying "Given where the drivers airbags are located, there is a danger to the driver if you install the grab handle on the drivers side"

It really comes down to being able to tell the differences between the drivers and passengers side of the vehicle. I realize the comment was cheekey, but it is 100% about those differences.

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Your tone to anyone responding to this thread has been dismissive and accusatory - while your points fails to take into consideration design differences between the vehicles you are comparing. Your analysis is overly reductive and over simplifications like "if toytota can figure it out, why can't ineos" don't exactly convey that you have applied any critical thought to the issues, or taken into consideration what you are being told.

This style of response is, in and of itself - insulting to those you are conversing with.

You seem to have already decided that this was a cost savings measure, and have been told it was due to passive safety.
lets meet and i'll buy u a beer...im really not dismissive! ok? or a dry vodka martini...my preference.

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
i just want a driver side handle because im short, fat and not very athletic. i need the assist...

Lars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
the banter on forums is just exhausting...
Few are going to change their opinions based on the experts here.

Back
Top Bottom