The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadiers Towing

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For those considering a brake controller, a V3 Redarc TowPro Elite has been fitted to an IG in Australia
Instructions below-
And now a Redarc in the UK at Devon 4x4, together with a ARB air compressor:

Screenshot_20230706_134453.jpg
Screenshot_20230706_134418.jpg
Screenshot_20230706_133820.jpg
Screenshot_20230706_133801.jpg

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:19 AM
Reaction score
I assume those wires coming from the compressor are being sorted?
And now a Redarc in the UK at Devon 4x4, together with a ARB air compressor:

View attachment 7819219
View attachment 7819218
View attachment 7819217
View attachment 7819216
Apparently, not a straight forward job to wire up the Redarc. I'm in 2 minds whether to mount my compressor under the seat, heat is a factor. I may mount it on the back of my drawer system instead

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:19 PM
Reaction score
Apparently, not a straight forward job to wire up the Redarc.
I'll likely go wireless and use the WiTi or Electbrake. WiTi also have a wireless trailer plug, although it needs the anti-theft alarm fitted as well. About $1200 all up for the 3.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 21

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'll likely go wireless and use the WiTi or Electbrake. WiTi also have a wireless trailer plug, although it needs the anti-theft alarm fitted as well. About $1200 all up for the 3.
The feedback I got from Sven who was the first to tow with his Grenadier in Australia was the issue with the wireless systems is that you have to have your lights on which he said made it difficult to read the display. That said he has no intention to change. Just making you aware if you didn't already know 🙂

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve kept mine in the same plastic box in the rear drawers for about 20 years. That’ll do me. IMHO portable is best.
I've got 2, a single piston ARB and a larger 150lpm cheap XTM (which has been brilliant) I've had for ages. Both work well, but I think I'll strap the larger behind my drawer system so it's portable and I don't have to carry it around all the time.

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
... the issue with the wireless systems is that you have to have your lights on which he said made it difficult to read the display.
Yes thanks saw that. 'Headlights on' isn't required with the WiTi brake controller, although their anti-theft component is required in the van for it to work. WiTi also do a wireless trailer plug, so I'll be putting the 12 pin trailer socket inside the rear cargo area away from the elements. It takes power from pin 9 from memory.
AU$1230 for all 3 components. 10% off with code WILD.
View: https://youtu.be/WUN22tX1DDc

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry no clue on brand but maybe can narrow it down to country of origin:
FB_IMG_1662968036188.jpg

I'll have a look later for a brand name.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry no clue on brand but maybe can narrow it down to country of origin:
View attachment 7819281

I'll have a look later for a brand name.
I couldn't identify the original manufacturer and ineos no help. So we retro fitted a HELLA instead. Got all the pins out in one piece but had to clip the ends off (leaving a small bit of the crimp) to fit into the Hella. Beware, make a diagram of the position and colours of the German wiring as it is not what you would expect in the UK.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I couldn't identify the original manufacturer and ineos no help. So we retro fitted a HELLA instead. Got all the pins out in one piece but had to clip the ends off (leaving a small bit of the crimp) to fit into the Hella. Beware, make a diagram of the position and colours of the German wiring as it is not what you would expect in the UK.
cheers, searched and searched but couldn't find it other than one image on Wikipedia of all places but no reference to what brand. I have a maypole so maybe that will fit ok and perhaps be as sturdy/watertight. Guess in the long run IA will have a part number....;)

Reactions: PBD

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On Thursday I trailered a very heavy Silver Ghost from North Yorkshire to Suffolk and back last night, 530 miles round trip and very close to the maximum 3.5 tonne limit and it behaved impeccably - 15.5mpg and max speed 50mph. Had to fit a Dixon Bate adjustable drop plate to lower the tow ball. Overall delighted! PS - lots of the normal warnings as usual, eCall predominantly.IMG_9906.jpeg

Local time
Reaction score
On Thursday I trailered a very heavy Silver Ghost from North Yorkshire to Suffolk and back last night, 530 miles round trip and very close to the maximum 3.5 tonne limit and it behaved impeccably - 15.5mpg and max speed 50mph. Had to fit a Dixon Bate adjustable drop plate to lower the tow ball. Overall delighted! PS - lots of the normal warnings as usual, eCall predominantly.View attachment 7819522
How do you get over the conformity/emark issues with the drop plate what would the insurance say if the Ghost dropped off the back??

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How do you get over the conformity/emark issues with the drop plate what would the insurance say if the Ghost dropped off the back??
Good point since it is a Fieldmaster M1. I don't understand how a DB drop plate is fitted if it is only the 2 lower holes that are M16, I thought a DB drop plate required 4 @ M16 holes? Or am I wrong?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom