The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadiers Towing

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
Photos of Grenadiers towing ~ I think many of us have plans to use them for this.

From FB (Paul Henderson), the first customer vehicle I've seen hooked up:
FB_IMG_1682792560565.jpgFB_IMG_1682792557801.jpgFB_IMG_1682792563470.jpg

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Fill the trailer up and give us a first impression under load ;)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just hope that the ball of the hitch is not too high. Otherwise you would have to rebuild the tow hitch on the trailer. Because it cannot be lowered on the vehicle.
Fingers crossed ~ hard to see on such a photo but it does look to be marginally up at the front when compared with the rear...

Local time
Reaction score
Didn't understand the comment " twin tow electrics" thought it was 13 pin UK standard

With twin electrics, there are two plugs to connect the electrics to the vehicle and each plug has 7 pins. Generally, older models of caravans and trailers will need twin electrics. When you choose twin electrics, as well as powering the minimum legal requirements of road lights when towing, you can also power your caravan’s fridge and charge the leisure battery.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
With twin electrics, there are two plugs to connect the electrics to the vehicle and each plug has 7 pins. Generally, older models of caravans and trailers will need twin electrics. When you choose twin electrics, as well as powering the minimum legal requirements of road lights when towing, you can also power your caravan’s fridge and charge the leisure battery.

Yes I know that, but 2 x 7 pin are now absolute and all trailers, caravans, horseboxes and cars are sold with the new 13 pin UK plug. (Ever since they made trailer reversing lights mandatory requiring the eight wires [excluding , 0.75 T trailers}). Various adaptors are of course available. The IG is NOT (or can't be) supplied with 2 x 7 pin plugs, ie twin electrics. I'm inclined to agree with @DCPU "No, that didn't make sense ~ maybe just confused by the NATO 2 pin socket" so I'm assuring he has gone for a winch or auxiliary battery option.

Back
Top Bottom