The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier vs 2024 Land Cruiser

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:53 PM
Reaction score
For the US market at least, this sounds like bad news/timing for Ineos. 01Aug2023 is the announcement date for the newly redesigned/reintroduced Land Cruiser.

Im assuming it’ll be hard to get one in the beginning but it should be exciting.

Will this affect your Grenadier decision? I guess we’ll know more after the 1st.

AWo

Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
Is that the one called 400 in Australia?

AWo

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
Depends. What size is the body, what motor, got 3 locking diffs, and more questions. I have heard it will have a 4 cylinder engine. I have no desire to have a 4Runner sized LC with a 4 cylinder engine. That is a big step backwards for me. Now a 70’s series cruiser might make a difference.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Rumor is it will be Prada based and very similar to the new Lexus GX550. If it is Prada based it will be interesting to see how they differentiate it from the upcoming 4Runner. Maybe similar to the old FJCtuiser/4Runner/GX460 relationships.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
I think it will sell well and if priced under $100k (AUD) In reasonable spec it may pick up a few people who want a grenadier but are now priced out, but I still think the Grenadier will sell what they expect to sell, if you want a grenadier and can afford one you probably don’t want a Prado, even a good one.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
People might want a Grenadier , but their work/spouse etc won't allow them. So they'll buy something else , not necessarily a direct competitor.
They're totally different , vehicles for a start.

Farglebah

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Prado is a pretty popular all rounder in Australia. Comfortable on road, reasonably capable off, tows pretty well, large fuel capacity, solid but uninspired 4 cylinder diesel (Hilux) engine. Very sensible, very Toyota… I doubt it would steal a single sale from a Grenadier.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Depends. What size is the body, what motor, got 3 locking diffs, and more questions. I have heard it will have a 4 cylinder engine. I have no desire to have a 4Runner sized LC with a 4 cylinder engine. That is a big step backwards for me. Now a 70’s series cruiser might make a difference.
According to Car & Driver it is expected to have the same GX engine (437hp V-6 iForce Max) and also expected to come (Eventually) in a TRD and Trailhunter, as well as the less off-road oriented SR-5, Limited, Platinum, etc…

The teaser front end pic looks better than the Lexus, IMO😂😂

Attachments

• IMG_1937.png
    IMG_1937.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1938.png
    IMG_1938.png
    567.1 KB · Views: 83

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
According to Car & Driver it is expected to have the same GX engine (437hp V-6 iForce Max) and also expected to come (Eventually) in a TRD and Trailhunter, as well as the less off-road oriented SR-5, Limited, Platinum, etc…

The teaser front end pic looks better than the Lexus, IMO😂😂
I was at the Toyota Dealership today and he thought it would be a 4 cylinder but he did not have lots of information to go on. He did mention the photo release and thought it might be boxy like the FJ62 in the photo. I have been watching the USA LC development for a good while. I do hope it comes with the 479 ft lbs torque V-6 iForce Max and, if it does, will give it a serious look.

From hotcars.com:

Unfortunately, the 2025 Toyota Land Cruiser will only be offered with 4-cylinder engine options, not the Twin-Turbo V6 that comes with the Lexus GX. Courtesy of Drive Australia, a cropped website metadata screenshot suggests that there will be three engine options on offer but with only four cylinders. Here's what we have learned so far:

• 2TR-FE: This is a naturally aspirated 2.7-liter gasoline engine. It produces 158 hp and 246 lb-ft of torque. Looking at the specs, this engine will be offered in the base trim of the Toyota Land Cruiser.
  • 1GD-FTV: This is a turbocharged 2.8-Liter diesel engine that we have seen in the Toyota Hilux. It produces 204 hp and 370 lb-ft of torque.
  • TJA250: This is a turbocharged 2.4-Liter hybrid gasoline engine from the Toyota Tacoma(i-Force Max). It produces 326 hp and 465 lb-ft of torque.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Toyota's new offering will outsell the Grenadier in a BIG way. It will be easy to modify and make as wild as you want. It has service centers all over the world. The vehicle won't skimp on features. It will come with Dual Zone Climate, mirrors in the sun visors, full cameras around the vehicle (3D view), better, less controversial, steering. better fuel economy, doors that close easily, It will be just about the same price.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Toyota's new offering will outsell the Grenadier in a BIG way. It will be easy to modify and make as wild as you want. It has service centers all over the world. The vehicle won't skimp on features. It will come with Dual Zone Climate, mirrors in the sun visors, full cameras around the vehicle (3D view), better, less controversial, steering. better fuel economy, doors that close easily, It will be just about the same price.
Hard to imagine any vehicle being more modifiable and accessories addible than the Grenadier. To me, the only plus would be the dealer network. Still say the LC will not look as good as a Grenadier (based on photos I have seen). One might park that new 2025 LC in front of the lake house however, that might devalue the home.

But those mirrors in the sun visors, now that could be a deal maker for the LC! :)

Last edited:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:53 PM
Reaction score
The front end looks like Optimus prime. Not judging just what I thought of when I saw it.

Local time
8:53 PM
Reaction score
The Grenadier is a niche vehicle.
it will never be a huge seller
It will sell like the H1 or the old Defender here.
Soccer moms dont want it, it doesnt have cred yet in the rap/celebrity world, its too expensive for most of the Wrangler/Bronco crowd, and the average well to do man wants a BMW.
I dont think the LC will have that much impact on Grenadier sale, but what do I know?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Toyota's new offering will outsell the Grenadier in a BIG way. .
Of course it will, but it still isn’t really competing directly against the Grenadier

Back
Top Bottom