The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Quartermaster to Launch - 23 July

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:06 AM
Reaction score
I find it amusing - that they would even consider pushing more cars in to the market instead of focusing on the quality, repair/defect control and the actual delivery of the very late order holder's 1st vehicles... not to mention their ability to prove they can meet aftermarket repair and service requirements.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:06 AM
Reaction score
I find it amusing - that they would even consider pushing more cars in to the market instead of focusing on the quality, repair/defect control and the actual delivery of the very late order holder's 1st vehicles... not to mention their ability to prove they can meet aftermarket repair and service requirements.
You’ll probably get over it though.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Suggest you go for something successful & road proven , light and airy in the gusset - and not too loud :)
IGCS.jpg

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And what do you do with the assembly line workforce at Hambach while you are doing that?

Tallzsmallz

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
This will be interesting to see, as someone who cancelled an order for the Station Wagon due to HMRC tax concerns I’m looking forward to see what parameters the Quartermaster meets weight carrying wise.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
BMW powered pickups
"The Grenadier and its upcoming Quartermaster derivative are not the only models to use BMW engines in 2023. The latest Range Rover and Range Rover Sport have a twin-turbo V8 4.4-liter unit from Munich. If JLR ever decides to bring back the Defender pickup, we wouldn’t rule out another BMW-powered truck."

Well that would put the cat amongst the pigeons.
Which pronoun would they choose?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Full Ineos Press Release:

London, 29 June 2023 – Following the start of series production of the Grenadier 4X4 last year, INEOS Automotive will make its mark across this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed (13 - 16 July).

The All-New Grenadier Quartermaster, a double cab pick-up variant of the award-winning Grenadier, will make its global debut on Thursday 13th July. This will be shortly followed by a very special appearance on the famous hillclimb with some familiar Goodwood faces to celebrate two 75-year automotive anniversaries - motorsports at Goodwood and the Belstaff Trialmaster Jacket that lends its name to one of Grenadier’s trims.

Also making its first ever public appearance is the Grenadier Hydrogen Fuel Cell (FCEV) Technology Demonstrator, which will show how well-suited the zero emissions technology is for a future long-range 4X4 off-roader.

Both the Grenadier Quartermaster and FCEV Demonstrator will be showcased in the First Glance Paddock and will be driven up the hillclimb route on each of the four days of the Festival.

In an exciting exclusive for Goodwood Festival of Speed, adventurous visitors will be able to get behind the wheel of the Grenadier Station Wagon on a challenging off-road course at the Goodwood Halnaker Chalkpit neighbouring the main event site. Hundreds of slots are available throughout the four days of the Festival for those wanting to put the 4X4 through its paces.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And what do you do with the assembly line workforce at Hambach while you are doing that?
They are booked up on Gren orders indefinitely - so they could work on QA, meeting deadlines, proving they can ramp up and hold production, and fixing corporate communication. Or, become a generic car manufacturer.... go for sales!

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:06 PM
Reaction score
A ballsy move by a company created by a ballsy guy. It would be silly of them to not push cars to the market as it had already been announced it was coming and consumers, right or wrong, are always wanting to see something new. Just because you have a recall or nagging issues does not mean you shut the plant down and stop creating.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A ballsy move by a company created by a ballsy guy. It would be silly of them to not push cars to the market as it had already been announced it was coming and consumers, right or wrong, are always wanting to see something new. Just because you have a recall or nagging issues does not mean you shut the plant down and stop creating.
When, and if, they can prove to deliver on-time and attend the issues aftermarket, then maybe they can push a 2nd version of vehicle into the market with their head held high. Right now, I am only sticking with the order to see how it goes at a personal level, with many doubts it will be as good as they told me via their media. However, should this test vehicle fail my expectations... it will be listed for sale and likely at a higher price than paid. So that is my personal position, and I am just going by the evidence in front of me. Plus, I like to gamble.

But you are right that a manufacturer needs to 'add more' to their repertoire. They just need to be good at it first.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
However, should this test vehicle fail my expectations... it will be listed for sale and likely at a higher price than paid.
This is were I, and I suspect some others, have a divergent view. If the vehicle failed my expectations, I would not have bought it. That would have been the obvious time to pull the plug.

What's delivered on day one then is not a simple product which either passes or fails a single test. It's a starting point on a familiarity and customisation journey that hopefully lasts many years, and has many twists and turns.

Everything we don't like, think is wrong, doesn't suit our needs or could be done better will be tinkered with. Some will prove to be mistakes, some will go through several iterations before arriving at something that we then leave alone for a while, some will never be perfected.

This process is facilitated by the type of vehicle the Grenadier purports to be, the type of company Ineos said it was, and the support and infrastructure we were promised.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is were I, and I suspect some others, have a divergent view. If the vehicle failed my expectations, I would not have bought it. That would have been the obvious time to pull the plug.

What's delivered on day one then is not a simple product which either passes or fails a single test. It's a starting point on a familiarity and customisation journey that hopefully lasts many years, and has many twists and turns.

Everything we don't like, think is wrong, doesn't suit our needs or could be done better will be tinkered with. Some will prove to be mistakes, some will go through several iterations before arriving at something that we then leave alone for a while, some will never be perfected.

This process is facilitated by the type of vehicle the Grenadier purports to be, the type of company Ineos said it was, and the support and infrastructure we were promised.
I had a Subaru a few years back (2T diesel) which the DPF become clogged, so I took it back to dealer who regenerated it and put me back on the road and all the while they said it never happened before. The 2nd time it happened, it was listed for sale the same day and gone a day later after the shop regenerated it the 2nd time.

I give things in this world a chance but not many. I have dealt with poor equipment, people and promises for most of my working life and I like to hold the gun close! It is where I diverge from many others - I have little patience for poor performance of any kind be it human or material. If the GREN performs to 80% of my expectations - then I will be good as gold! I can accept a few things not living up, but that DPF better not fail me!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I had a Subaru a few years back (2T diesel) which the DPF become clogged, so I took it back to dealer who regenerated it and put me back on the road and all the while they said it never happened before. The 2nd time it happened, it was listed for sale the same day and gone a day later after the shop regenerated it the 2nd time.

I give things in this world a chance but not many. I have dealt with poor equipment, people and promises for most of my working life and I like to hold the gun close! It is where I diverge from many others - I have little patience for poor performance of any kind be it human or material. If the GREN performs to 80% of my expectations - then I will be good as gold! I can accept a few things not living up, but that DPF better not fail me!
What's your 0-100m time?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:06 PM
Reaction score
This is what manufacturing does, fill the pipeline - both input and output.

This hits the nail on the head. If the IG is too"new" for your liking, then bow out and watch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom