The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Put a deposit down on Quartermaster

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
So call me crazy but I just put my order in for Quartermaster. I figured why not, I wanted a pick up from day one and was going to do the station wagon until they made pick up available. Since Ineos kept pushing Station wagon order back and releasing the QM, I just pulled the trigger. Here is the build.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:17 AM
Reaction score
Your build didn't post, and I'm curious (y)

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It is a cool truck! But I think at that price your order may represent 1% of North American sales for 2024😊.
Lol, I was told I was the first quartermaster in PNW. I assuming might be the first one in the USA. Funny thing, they were told delievery Q4 which was the same time as my orginal station wagon delievery despite ordering it in 2023.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Awesome build but I'd add the exterior utility belt just in case.
Thanks, the exterior utility belt is just the doors. I have the utility belt in the bed floor and on the side of the bed. With the tub, I have more room to carry stuff inside versus on roof and side.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I found someone else in Instagram. He just completed 500 miles of poney express here in US with the SW and said he wants to add the QM to the stable. I think he is part of shadowmarq who make sprinter van aftermarket equipment.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@anand. Your opinion, do you think it will be quieter than the SW because of the smaller cabin space? Not concern either way just thinking out loud. Then with longer wheelbase, what do you think the ride will be like?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@anand. Your opinion, do you think it will be quieter than the SW because of the smaller cabin space? Not concern either way just thinking out loud. Then with longer wheelbase, what do you think the ride will be like?
This is an interesting consideration; definitely less interior volume, and less large flat road-facing surface (no interior cargo area) for roadway reverberation... If I happen to hear one way or the other, I'll pass it along.

As far as the longer wheelbase, it should help a bit on undulating surfaces. Not to say that the SW has a "short" wheelbase at all, but anytime you increase the wheelbase you'll gain some smoothness. Of course it is a give and take like anything else, but generally from the vehicles I've had with longer wheelbases, the difference is appreciated especially during highway drives

Grand_Tourgrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Quatermaster Owner
Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score
Hi the QM Diesel in the uk Is quieter than the SW diesel, that’s a definite

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks @Grand_Tourgrenadier. QM for the win. If you don't mind and no rush, can you please measure the distance in the tub between the two wheels. I'm thinking about building out a drawer system for the bed using 80/20. I would love a rolling tonneau cover but with how the rear wheel is mounted that is impossible unless I get a trailer hitch wheel holder. Also, I'm think of a hybrid canopy from dirtbox overland.

Grand_Tourgrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Quatermaster Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks @Grand_Tourgrenadier. QM for the win. If you don't mind and no rush, can you please measure the distance in the tub between the two wheels. I'm thinking about building out a drawer system for the bed using 80/20. I would love a rolling tonneau cover but with how the rear wheel is mounted that is impossible unless I get a trailer hitch wheel holder. Also, I'm think of a hybrid canopy from dirtbox overland.
Hi will measure for you, the attached is what Ineos will offer on a roller cover and spare wheel mount for it

Attachments

• IMG_1872.jpg
    IMG_1872.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1871.jpeg
    IMG_1871.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1869.jpg
    IMG_1869.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1870.jpg
    IMG_1870.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Hi will measure for you, the attached is what Ineos will offer on a roller cover and spare wheel mount for it
I really like the cover and looks like the wheel mounts attach to cover so I could use the canvas cover to keep things secured.

Grand_Tourgrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Quatermaster Owner
Local time
Reaction score
was
I really like the cover and looks like the wheel mounts attach to cover so I could use the canvas cover to keep things secured.
Width between the wheel boxes is 43inches and the depth is 60inches to the tail gate

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you so much and you didn't have to provide it in imperial numbers. I appericate it.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Out of interest have you heard of any company supplying the hard “trickman” style canopies yet ??

When I looked at one, I convinced myself it was way too long overall, however I have just checked against the 2024 Ranger and it’s only abou 80mm longer, so not as unwieldy as I thought.

Back
Top Bottom