The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Pickup Checklist

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:14 PM
Reaction score
I am picking my car up this coming Friday.

In my relaxed state of mind thinking about how the handover will take place, I recall a few members posted "issues" they had when finally pickiing up their Grenadier (Jean & emax spring to mind!).

So, to not let emotion carry me away in the moment - I decided to create a checklist of the key items that my son & I will tick-off once we get our hands on the car at the dealer.

There must be things I have missed that others think should be on the list, esp. for additional options.

Please add

Attachments

• Grenadier Delivery Checklist.pdf
    48 KB · Views: 184

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

In my relaxed state of mind thinking about how the handover will take place, I recall a few members posted "issues" they had when finally pickiing up their Grenadier (Jean & emax spring to mind!).

So, to not let emotion carry me away in the moment - I decided to create a checklist of the key items that my son & I will tick-off once we get our hands on the car at the dealer.

There must be things I have missed that others think should be on the list, esp. for additional options.

Please add
Can I recommend you email that to them in advance and get them to fill it out and email it back.
That will avoid delays and disappointment on the day

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
+ Check Power Steering fluid levels & top up as necessary - it's not on the Ineos PDI.
Plenty of things missing on the IA list... we need to have our own concise list of problems found from users on this forum. Ill be doing a list myself about 2 weeks prior to delivery and it will be me taking all that I can find off this forum (even stuff I can check once I get it home like hoses touching each other inappropriately!).

Miles

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Please ad

Please add
Tool kit, jack, 1st aid kit, instruction book

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score

Please add

I'm picking up mine tomorrow - Friday - as well - from Canberra. MM, Petrol SW (with full roof rack and sliders already agent fitted I hear). I live in Sydney so hoping for a nice drive home to try things out. I'll be borrowing your checklist as I bet otherwise I'll race around in a dither and forget to check anything.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm picking up mine tomorrow - Friday - as well - from Canberra. MM, Petrol SW (with full roof rack and sliders already agent fitted I hear). I live in Sydney so hoping for a nice drive home to try things out. I'll be borrowing your checklist as I bet otherwise I'll race around in a dither and forget to check anything.
You and me exactly Tim.

Good luck for tomorrow. I might be up a bit earlier than usual.

I know that my strongest emotion will be to ask for the bloody keys and then drive away as quickly as possible.

Hence a checklist and my son to calm me down and methodically tick everything off.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's a bit of a half arsed list.
It doesn't mention anywhere what a few people on here are doing.
Remove all interior trim
Drain all fluid and measure for correct volume.
Disassemble the vehicle completely
Imagine if I took a certain Belgian to my agent tomorrow - I'd be bck home in 3 days

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
this is my check list:

- Check all fluid levels
- Ac
- Jack + tool kit + first aid kit
- Steering wheel alignment at h12
- Telephone speakerphone
- Check that fuses and relays are plugged in correctly
- Power steering noise
- Transmission vibrations
- USB sockets
- Coolant hoses: https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/coolant-hose-damage-holed.12412518/
- Cables under the frame
- Interference brake lines on axle
- Door seals

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Please add
Well i hope your pleased wit the Grenadier - I must ask, did it have the picnic table when you collected it? still waiting for mine 3 1/2 months after delivery...

A list of error messages and build issues to look out for

Faults on startup

PDC Error

Transmission error

Power steering fail

AC Fail

Trailer light error

Ecall error

TPMS error

Gearbox in N [ whilst driving]

Air bag failure

Air Condition Fair

Fuel gauge inoperative

Infotainment screen changed from RHD orientation with speedo on the right of the infotainment system to LDH orientation with the speedo now in KPH and on the left hand side of the display

Construction issues

Bodywork gap on head light to wing cowls opening on both wider at the edge of the Grenadier, than is at the bonnet, inner edge. Appears to be getting larger as time progresses.

Drivers electric window mechanically noisier than when new.

Steering wheel centre mark is no longer central approximately 12 degrees to starboard [ to the right hand side of the Grenadier] now indicates wheels straight ahead. Seems to be progressively moving to starboard.

Starboard aft guttering drains to Grenadier side down “D” pillar.

Filler cap cover dropped 5mm from the horizontal non hinge end Ineos will supply replacement and new hinges assembly

Drivers’ door, trim detached adjacent to electric window switches – pushed back into place

BUT awesome to drive and the Grandson loves it !!

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:14 AM
Reaction score
Anyone who comes up with a super comprehensive list in PDF or excel or something please share. Things like check transfer case shifter pin, check glass for cracking, check for door and safari window leakage also....could be a HUGE list at this point. 6 Months from now much of that may no longer remain an issue, but some of this will be around for a couple more years I bet.

Depending on when ours comes in (weather) I hope we can take it camping for a few days closer to the dealer, that way we can take it right back if there are issues.

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
Anyone who comes up with a super comprehensive list in PDF or excel or something please share. Things like check transfer case shifter pin, check glass for cracking, check for door and safari window leakage also....could be a HUGE list at this point. 6 Months from now much of that may no longer remain an issue, but some of this will be around for a couple more years I bet.

Depending on when ours comes in (weather) I hope we can take it camping for a few days closer to the dealer, that way we can take it right back if there are issues.
Add to the list that the CDL does, in fact, go into low range, even though it may be checked as "OK" on the PDI. I had an issue with this which has yet to be resolved.

Reactions: PBD

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
Check for assembly and/or transportation damage.

Back
Top Bottom